Awsome Night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 10:53 AM

onsighter514d is an unknown quantity at this point
Awsome Night!!!

First off, I dont want this to turn in another dispute over clutch or power wheelies!!!!!!!!! With that said, I went out and rode last nigt for like a total of 4 hours!!!! I was bouncing up first gear, and by the end of the night, i could bring it up evry time. HIGH too!!!!!. It would keep coming, an I worked on bringing it down with the brake. A few came up real high real fast and i got worried, and i used the rear brake and brought it down. Its almost insticnt now!!!!! Any who, im not poppin little bitch wheelies any more. These had to be close to BP, thats why i was getting frustrated. They were sky high but the tach never settled? I want to only use the brake if I have to, but I want some advice on how to get there from here. I know I'm so damn close. please help me. I WANT BP! Also, not trying to sart a war, but any advice on bouncing up an 04 r6 in second would be great. im geared -1 in front. Thanks a bunch for all the advice that got me this far!!!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 10:59 AM

Re: Awsome Night!!!

Also, I tryed a few staggered, and they always came up funny, leaning one way or the other. It seems like putting my foot on the rear peg forced me to lean forward more. All help is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-20-2004, 11:18 AM

Elementum Vita is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm advice on bouncing up in 2nd..............well i had an 04 r6 until i recently looped the damn thing (be careful they don't crash well) and I never had to bounce in 2nd, I could still power it up, with that said I can't offer much advice for bouncing it since all my other wheelies I clutch up, as far as getting to balance point, well IMO you really have to be ready to bust your *** cause the diff. between balance point and bust *** point aint much....I find it easier to hit bp when cluthing because you can learn to catch the bike with the rear brake easier than when you power them up or bounce em...hopefully you're standing up doing your wheelies and to be honest once you're close to the bp there's not much advice anyone can give you, you just have to keep at it and it will come, just try using the rear brake and your body position more than the throttle to control where the bike is that's my few beans
Old 12-20-2004, 11:19 AM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

i rode yesterday with a friend that had an F4. he had both feet on the back pegs, i wouldnt do this myself because i believe that you should always cover the brake.

now if you want to do staggered stance (left foot on the back peg) i think thats great for slower stuff and more of your weight is concentrated towards the back. as for second gear i stick to having both feet on the front pegs.

Also im not going to preech to you about how boucning is bad and dangerous. because either way... wheelies are dangerous (we do this kinda stuff for a reason) but if your gonna bounce it. COVER THE BRAKE. it has saved my *** 2 times from almost looping.

ive never clutched it so high that it felt like i was gonna loop but i over powered it those 2 times when i was first learning.

(take it slow, dont get ahead of your self, trust me... you'd rather do shitty wheelies for 2-3 weeks than be in the hospital!)

good luck!
Old 12-20-2004, 11:29 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

im going to tell you somthing your not going to want to hear and its not to rag or flame on you.......the reason your rpms arnt dropping is because your either at the top of your gear or your just not high enough, im sure you been told before to video tape yourself so you can see. now for the bad part your going to have to clutch it up at a lower rpm....thats great your riding your wheelies a lil farther now, power wheelies i think is a good start its time now to step it up
Old 12-20-2004, 11:55 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sprocketz
im going to tell you somthing your not going to want to hear and its not to rag or flame on you.......the reason your rpms arnt dropping is because your either at the top of your gear or your just not high enough, im sure you been told before to video tape yourself so you can see. now for the bad part your going to have to clutch it up at a lower rpm....thats great your riding your wheelies a lil farther now, power wheelies i think is a good start its time now to step it up
Yup just face it man your goin to have to come to the dark side sooner or later and clutch hahaha

Even thought you feel like your WAY up there, your probably still not hitting BP unfortunatly i cant tell you that for sure. But lets just say BP is way farther back then you would think. Now that i know where it is of course you can push it and ride behind BP and bring it back with the break but yeah, You dont even feel as if your on the bike anymore. Thats the best i can explain it really. Staggered will come up easier and it will be more comfortable but it takes some gettin used to.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:01 PM

I'm standing and I can now bounce it up at 5 grand, which is also about where i clutch it. I have plenty of revs to play with, so thats not the issue. I assume BP is one of those things that you know when yur there. It just feels like im about to 12, ad im not there yet. I know im not twelving, but it feels like any hgher and ill die. Iguess you just gotta go for it
Old 12-20-2004, 12:04 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onsighter514d
I'm standing and I can now bounce it up at 5 grand, which is also about where i clutch it. I have plenty of revs to play with, so thats not the issue. I assume BP is one of those things that you know when yur there. It just feels like im about to 12, ad im not there yet. I know im not twelving, but it feels like any hgher and ill die. Iguess you just gotta go for it
i guess so
Old 12-20-2004, 12:05 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

...if your goin to search for BP and go for it do it in 1st, your body will thank you lol.