Cage etc. on F2

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 01:49 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person
Cage etc. on F2

What do you think the best cage is for an f2? Also where can I get extended brake and clutch lines so I can install dirtbars?
Old 12-19-2004, 01:53 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cage etc. on F2

roll with a 905. As for the lines question, I have no idea.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:21 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

only option you have for a cage is 905 and now MXD

I personaly think the MXD cages "look" cooler and they also look like they have more ground clearence in the twisties.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:39 PM

tribaltalon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NovaMan
only option you have for a cage is 905 and now MXD

I personaly think the MXD cages "look" cooler and they also look like they have more ground clearence in the twisties.

no now there's Crash Integrity very good clearance the way we designed them. but we're still extremely new in terms of making stunt cages, but if anybody wants to check us out and try a cage out we'll cut ya a good deal to get the name out there. :YEAH
Old 12-19-2004, 08:37 PM

e-roc is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a 905 and i love it. I can't break the freakin thing. Its got 3 mounting points so its extra rigid. As far as the brake lines you can buy SS brake lines for a 919. Not sure about the clutch. Definately get a 905. The only thing i don't like about the 905 is that i sometimes rack my shins if i come down hard from a wheekie, or sometimes when i do an endo, but its not that big a deal.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:21 PM

most of the cages for F2/F3's mount on the same position as the 905 cages so the whole shin thing i dont think its possible to get away from.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:31 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

from what everyone tells me 905 has nice *** cages,and they were awesome with my 12 o clock bar,but im making my own cage haha...im cheap
Old 12-20-2004, 12:05 AM

most of the cages for F2/F3's mount on the same position as the 905 cages so the whole shin thing i dont think its possible to get away from.

the cage we designed does not mount where the 905 does. i'm tall and have long legs and would rather not have my legs bashed in, thats why i designed my cage which is already crash tested up to 40-50 mph.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:00 AM

Im short and not to worried about bashin my shin's on the MXD cage i think thats the one im goin with. They also have sliders available which is nice cause ive inspected the 905 and it looks like it'd sure dig into the pavement. But thats just my personal preference

Id like to see pics of the cage your talkin about tribaltalon if you got them. Im curious to where they mount at (and is it on an F2/F3? i cant see anyones bike type anymore for some reason)
Old 12-20-2004, 02:42 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

ive seen two bikes crash with FI cages and they dug and busted up the pavement under it.so their all gonna drag to some point it just depends on the crash
Old 12-20-2004, 03:04 AM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

not if they have derlin to protect the ends of the cage and keep them from diggin in. FI cages have the option for derlin sliders on then end, the won't dig in with em on.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by -MXD-
check out www.mxdcages.com

we just did the f2 and its a sick cage. design is way cleaner than a 905, we use thicker tubing and i promise you wont hit your shins. the 3 mount is nasty and ours come with delrin tips to ensure the cage wont dig into the ground. i havent had one complaint yet and ive been doing this for over a year now. plus we are having a sale right now, 225 shipped.
I agree its a very nice looking cage, looks way more "sleak" then the 905. Ive seen the pics of your F2 cage and im diggin it hehe.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by tribaltalon

that is the basic design of the Crash Integrity cage, that was the prototype design that we just made out of normal rolled steel, i crashed that cage a couple days ago at about 40-50 mph and it held up great, but we are still going to go with Chromemoly for peace of mind, and also derlin in the sliders to keep the sliders from digging into the pavement which yes, on my cage they do if there's no derlin. we are selling the cages for 200 dollars shipped.

next week i am going to make 10 stunt cages and see if they sell. if they sell, i will continue making them. keep in mind though, right now Crash Integrity is mostly hardcore offroad bumpers and roll cages, but if there's a market for stunt cages i can build them. "just cut the foreplay and ask man." :YEAH
Old 12-20-2004, 12:41 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

that looks a lot like a FI cage....
Old 12-20-2004, 12:44 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cody W.
that looks a lot like a FI cage....

i was going to say lawsuit.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:52 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

cough*** told ya so*** cough
Old 12-20-2004, 12:54 PM

yeah that looks identical to an FI cage... and if they have that design patented i wouldnt suggest tryin to sell em.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:01 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i would suggest looking at your previous posts of when you said "these are not for sale" and that you're not making them for anyone else, just for your bike..way ta go cool guy
Old 12-20-2004, 01:05 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

i was thinking the same thing.....
Old 12-20-2004, 01:25 PM

yeah that looks identical to an FI cage... and if they have that design patented i wouldnt suggest tryin to sell em.

actually fellas i'd go talk to a lawyer, just like i did. the design is NOT F.I. its kind of obvious just looking at it that its not F.I. if you know anything about cages. but hey, if Tim really thinks he has a case, he's more then welcome to contact me, and we can talk about it. fact is though, that the design is patent pending through my company RK detailing and fabrication. *shrugs* not trying to rain on anybody's parade. Yes, you're right i was only going to make one for myself and not sell them, because thats correct, i was going to just imitate somebody elses's cage, but after messing around with the bike, i discovered a different way to support it, and especially now after beating the holy **** out of it, i decided hell, i already sell roll cages and bumpers, why not stunt cages for bikes.

*AND BESIDES, F.I. doesnt even make a cage for f2-f3s!!!

Quick Reply: Cage etc. on F2