Cage etc. on F2

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 02:56 PM

tribaltalon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cage etc. on F2

gay surfer guys that live nowhere near a beach... since when am i a surfer? shiiiiit dude keep your weird gay fantasies to yourself bro. that's scary!

btw, i'm a SKYDIVER, not a surfer.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:01 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tribaltalon
hahaha well right now i have the F2, R6, about to make one for a F4i, and a 929rr. these are all my friend's bikes that have seen my bike, actually the guy with the 929 and the r6 saw me crash, so the guy with the r6 automatically wanted a cage, so thats at the shop right now and i'm supposed to get the 929 soon so i can start making a cage for that. so how many bikes would you need to have a cage out for in order to be a "big company"
i would think you need at least 50% of the bikes in order to even be considered to be honest. then you have to have a way to mass produce them. i could make a one-off cage that could be hit by a train and save the bike. it has to be something that people buy and you mass produce them.

it cant be like honda, suzuki, yamaha and billy lane.

i would say MXD, 905, powers, and FI are about the only companies that make enough to do it. they have one design and stick with it for the most part... if you have a cage that these companies agreed upon then i would say yes you could be included. but then this will never happen, ive already tried it and it didnt work out. someone set it up, and im down.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:02 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

wait wait, should i be impressed? and by the way, your cages, or should i say cage, is NOT impressive whatsoever, u think u're the first guy to weld a tube from a motor mount and a loop, get real, and yeah u were right, my fantasy is to spank your sister
Old 12-20-2004, 03:07 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by -MXD-
what other bikes you make them for? its has to be the big companies with more than one bike. it cant be the war of the f2 cage. thats just retarded.
I will supply the bikes.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
wait wait, should i be impressed? and by the way, your cages, or should i say cage, is NOT impressive whatsoever, u think u're the first guy to weld a tube from a motor mount and a loop, get real, and yeah u were right, my fantasy is to spank your sister

just give up already, you already look like a jackass.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:21 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
I will supply the bikes.

im down, get it on tape. get all the other manufactures. do like ten dif types of crashes. maybe a high side at low speeds, some low sides at high speeds. couple 12s gone bad. do a coaster & jump off type ****. get it together and ill take care of you
Old 12-20-2004, 03:25 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

seems to me like the general idea is that you are the jackass stealin ppl's ideas?
Old 12-20-2004, 03:56 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

1. Flames or Derogatory Insults:
Flames or derogatory insults are strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone posts to discuss their personal problems or seek help from other forum members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it. If you feel you must respond to a flame or insult directly, please do NOT do so on the board. Use private messages or e-mail.

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

please follow the rules.

SL TEAM
Old 12-20-2004, 04:37 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
seems to me like the general idea is that you are the jackass stealin ppl's ideas?
Hes helping the sport, legal problems or not. Its a fact that there isnt much competition in the cage dept, we need more choices. Competition drives prices down and quality up, so I'm all for it, you should be too.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:10 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by -MXD-
im down, get it on tape. get all the other manufactures. do like ten dif types of crashes. maybe a high side at low speeds, some low sides at high speeds. couple 12s gone bad. do a coaster & jump off type ****. get it together and ill take care of you
Right now I'm sportin a semi broken 905. Half of the welds are broken off, and it still holds up pretty well. I had to crash the **** out of my bike to break that cage.

My F3 has dirt bike bars and my F2 has regular clip ons, so we can do some detailed testing there, but neither of them have plastics.

Heres what I'm thinking:
From a standstill, drop it on the side 20 times in a row, nothing should break at all.
From parked on the bar, falling over sideways, maybe a clip on or lever.
I'll ghost ride a 12 to more accurately simulate a real crash. 12s that get away with a high idle are some of the most damaging crashes. With my current cage, the bike survives fine, except sometimes my carbs fall out of the sockets. Thats not a cage issue anyway.
I'll lock up the rear wheel and lowside, I'll do it fast enough to slide a little bit. left side only.
It would be good to lock up the front wheel too but I aint got the ***** to do that.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:13 PM
BOOBS

Originally Posted by MikeM
Right now I'm sportin a semi broken 905. Half of the welds are broken off, and it still holds up pretty well. I had to crash the **** out of my bike to break that cage.

My F3 has dirt bike bars and my F2 has regular clip ons, so we can do some detailed testing there, but neither of them have plastics.

Heres what I'm thinking:
From a standstill, drop it on the side 20 times in a row, nothing should break at all.
From parked on the bar, falling over sideways, maybe a clip on or lever.
I'll ghost ride a 12 to more accurately simulate a real crash. 12s that get away with a high idle are some of the most damaging crashes. With my current cage, the bike survives fine, except sometimes my carbs fall out of the sockets. Thats not a cage issue anyway.
I'll lock up the rear wheel and lowside, I'll do it fast enough to slide a little bit. left side only.
It would be good to lock up the front wheel too but I aint got the ***** to do that.

can i watch.....please....
Old 12-20-2004, 06:44 PM

lar1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who Sells A Triple That Will Fit On F2 For Mx Bars, Any Help??? I Need Help !! Anyone Have Any Answers Or A Cheap Way To Set Up Mx Bars Or A Compant That Sells A Kit-- Thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 10:23 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

I'm just gonna drill some riser clamps onto my stock triple, it's not as strong as a new triple but if it breaks I'll buy one off fullthrottleinc.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough

*AND BESIDES, F.I. doesnt even make a cage for f2-f3s!!!
Yes they do...
They just started production and have them in stock now.
They are for all Honda CBR600F2/F3s you can purchase them by clicking the link at the top that says STORE.
https://www.stuntlife.com/store/prod...products_id=84
Old 12-21-2004, 02:25 PM
BOOBS

Originally Posted by FHL
I'm just gonna drill some riser clamps onto my stock triple, it's not as strong as a new triple but if it breaks I'll buy one off fullthrottleinc.
thats what i would do ...just drill holes and get risers and bars...
Old 12-21-2004, 02:27 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by FHL
Thats what I did, on my first set, works fine. Use at least 5/16 bolts, Id reccomend 3/8.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:31 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF is this crap, once i decide what cage im goin with every other company out there starts making them. Now im in a delema! lol
Old 12-21-2004, 02:39 PM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NovaMan
WTF is this crap, once i decide what cage im goin with every other company out there starts making them. Now im in a delema! lol
id like to announce to every one.... ive decided to begin producing my own crash cages... their going to be $60...

they basicly consist of frame sliders with a tin can around the slider.
I guarantee it will save your bike. ( )

have a nice day
Old 12-21-2004, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by FooFighters203
id like to announce to every one.... ive decided to begin producing my own crash cages... their going to be $60...

they basicly consist of frame sliders with a tin can around the slider.
I guarantee it will save your bike. ( )

have a nice day

is that a comment towards my cage? i know you're young but you might want to think about what you say a little more.

kind of interesting that F.I. just now comes out with the cage after i make mine. very interesting indeed. its all good though. guess nobody wants mine, i'll shut up now.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:15 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

is that a comment towards my cage? i know you're young but you might want to think about what you say a little more.

kind of interesting that F.I. just now comes out with the cage after i make mine. very interesting indeed. its all good though. guess nobody wants mine, i'll shut up now.
hahahahahaha yeah dude i'm pretty sure they just coppied you.

Quick Reply: Cage etc. on F2