Cage etc. on F2

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 01:28 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: Cage etc. on F2

i still think your hair looks funny
Old 12-20-2004, 01:31 PM

tribaltalon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
i still think your hair looks funny

lol well thanks.

i wasnt aware that now i have to have hawt hair in order to sell cages.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:33 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i thought it was a given? :shrugs
Old 12-20-2004, 01:38 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tribaltalon
actually fellas i'd go talk to a lawyer, just like i did. the design is NOT F.I. its kind of obvious just looking at it that its not F.I. if you know anything about cages. but hey, if Tim really thinks he has a case, he's more then welcome to contact me, and we can talk about it. fact is though, that the design is patent pending through my company RK detailing and fabrication. *shrugs* not trying to rain on anybody's parade. Yes, you're right i was only going to make one for myself and not sell them, because thats correct, i was going to just imitate somebody elses's cage, but after messing around with the bike, i discovered a different way to support it, and especially now after beating the holy **** out of it, i decided hell, i already sell roll cages and bumpers, why not stunt cages for bikes.

*AND BESIDES, F.I. doesnt even make a cage for f2-f3s!!!

the patent isnt for just one bike. its a design patent. they have a loop that goes UNDER the bike. thats the basis for their patent. if you have a LOOP that goes under the bike, you will need to get their permission to use it.

if you have a cage that has only 2 mounting points per side then you will violate the patent that i have applied for.

freestyle has thought of that idea about 2-3 years ago, which is when their patent begins. if you cant prove that you THOUGHT of the idea before them, you might as well stop wasting money on a lawyer and just sell as many as you can before they get their patent finalized.

and then this post where you have already stated you imitated someone elses design, you basically just admitted you copied thier design.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by -MXD-
the patent isnt for just one bike. its a design patent. they have a loop that goes UNDER the bike. thats the basis for their patent. if you have a LOOP that goes under the bike, you will need to get their permission to use it.

if you have a cage that has only 2 mounting points per side then you will violate the patent that i have applied for.

freestyle has thought of that idea about 2-3 years ago, which is when their patent begins. if you cant prove that you THOUGHT of the idea before them, you might as well stop wasting money on a lawyer and just sell as many as you can before they get their patent finalized.

and then this post where you have already stated you imitated someone elses design, you basically just admitted you copied thier design.

huh.. actually i said i was going to imitate, i didnt say i did. *shrugs* seriously dude, how much do you know about patents? you might want to go read a book again or something. if you know anything about a patent you would know that the design only needs ONE difference. but hey its all good, like i said, i'm not really looking at making a million of these things, if people like them and want them, cool, i'll make them. they're fun for me to make, i dont make much money off them but hey. i never had the intention to get rich off the sportbike industry.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:47 PM

huh.. actually i said i was going to imitate, i didnt say i did. *shrugs* seriously dude, how much do you know about patents? you might want to go read a book again or something. if you know anything about a patent you would know that the design only needs ONE difference. but hey its all good, like i said, i'm not really looking at making a million of these things, if people like them and want them, cool, i'll make them. they're fun for me to make, i dont make much money off them but hey. i never had the intention to get rich off the sportbike industry.
i just thought that because racing905 is currently the only company actually making cages for the f2-f3 i would contribute.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:47 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

trust me he knows a lot about patent's....and is an established cage builder....except he has a lot of soccer on the tvs at his shop which is stupid....
Old 12-20-2004, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cody W.
trust me he knows a lot about patent's....and is an established cage builder....except he has a lot of soccer on the tvs at his shop which is stupid....
yeah i figured he's an established cage builder, i've heard of his company before. i'm sure he's a cool guy, he just doesnt realize the kind of legal power that i have. but hey its all good. i dont want to burn any bridges, if people think my cages are garbage, hey whatever. *shrugs* dont buy em, simple as that.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:51 PM

huh.. actually i said i was going to imitate, i didnt say i did. *shrugs* seriously dude, how much do you know about patents? you might want to go read a book again or something. if you know anything about a patent you would know that the design only needs ONE difference. stry.

heres the thing about patents, im in the process of getting one so i talk to my lawyer weekly.....

anyways..lets say you make a pen that can write by itself. brand new invention right? WRONG you need to have permission from the person who makes the pen first. then you can IMPROVE THIER PATENTED INVENTION. otherwise you have nothing to improve or change.

therefore you IMPROVED freestyles cage right? so you need permission to make a CAGE to improve. hope this helps.

patents get turned down often because the person who finalizes a patent actually makes money for the patents he turns down. its like commission for him. im just trying to help you save money and stop messing with a patent, you wont get one anyways. the design priciples are the exact same but you have a diferent mounting point. therefore you will need their permission to have a LOOP. thats what will kill your patent.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:53 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

heres the thing about patents, im in the process of getting one so i talk to my lawyer weekly.....

anyways..lets say you make a pen that can write by itself. brand new invention right? WRONG you need to have permission from the person who makes the pen first. then you can IMPROVE THIER PATENTED INVENTION. otherwise you have nothing to improve or change.

therefore you IMPROVED freestyles cage right? so you need permission to make a CAGE to improve. hope this helps.

patents get turned down often because the person who finalizes a patent actually makes money for the patents he turns down. its like commission for him. im just trying to help you save money and stop messing with a patent, you wont get one anyways. the design priciples are the exact same but you have a diferent mounting point. therefore you will need their permission to have a LOOP. thats what will kill your patent.

your my hero....
Old 12-20-2004, 01:54 PM

yeah i figured he's an established cage builder, i've heard of his company before. i'm sure he's a cool guy, he just doesnt realize the kind of legal power that i have. but hey its all good. i dont want to burn any bridges, if people think my cages are garbage, hey whatever. *shrugs* dont buy em, simple as that.

im not trying to start a fight, im trying to help you stop wasting money on a patent. its about 15 grand to get one, and if you have a lawyer then you already know how expensive they are.

and just out of curiosity, what type of legal power do you have? and can i have it too
Old 12-20-2004, 01:54 PM

i see what you're saying man. but doesnt your cage loop under the bike as well? just wonderin. but seriously, i dont want to get it all drawn out, i just know that there's nobody actually MAKING cages for the bikes, just 905.. freestyle has been saying they're coming out with a cage for a long *** time now. when i say i'm making a cage, there's gonna be some damn results.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:59 PM

i see what you're saying man. but doesnt your cage loop under the bike as well? just wonderin. but seriously, i dont want to get it all drawn out, i just know that there's nobody actually MAKING cages for the bikes, just 905.. freestyle has been saying they're coming out with a cage for a long *** time now. when i say i'm making a cage, there's gonna be some damn results.

15,000? more like 2,000, at least thats what my lawyer was telling me. but i'll ask again next week, i've been talking to him alot because we are in the process of receiving...quite a bit of money in a government business grant. (two deaf partners that own a business thats been successful for a while = quite a bit of money from uncle sam. ) i'll tell you what though, this business **** is quite the headache, everybody says ftp?? i say FTIRS.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:05 PM

no my cage DOES NOT loop under the bike. we are the first and only company to come out with a cage that doesnt connect both sides. we do make a cage that connects the 2 sides but dont use a loop to do it.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:08 PM

no my cage DOES NOT loop under the bike. we are the first and only company to come out with a cage that doesnt connect both sides. we do make a cage that connects the 2 sides but dont use a loop to do it.

oh like the racing905 with the bar going through.. oh snap! just funnin' with ya man.

hey bro, do you have any pics of the f2/f3 cage though? have you made it yet or what?
Old 12-20-2004, 02:08 PM

15,000? more like 2,000, at least thats what my lawyer was telling me. but i'll ask again next week, i've been talking to him alot because we are in the process of receiving...quite a bit of money in a government business grant. (two deaf partners that own a business thats been successful for a while = quite a bit of money from uncle sam. ) i'll tell you what though, this business **** is quite the headache, everybody says ftp?? i say FTIRS.

ask your lawyer if thats a provisional patent for 2000. thats about how much mine cost. all that does is cover your *** if you decide to take it a step further and actually apply for a patent.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:10 PM

oh like the racing905 with the bar going through.. oh snap! just funnin' with ya man.

no its a little diferent from 905....and they didnt apply for a patent....oh snap!

ill tell you one thing though. if i got a letter from freestyle, you will for sure, then you can see how strong your legal power is.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:10 PM

ask your lawyer if thats a provisional patent for 2000. thats about how much mine cost. all that does is cover your *** if you decide to take it a step further and actually apply for a patent.

yeah thats what it was, the provisional patent. no sense in payin 15 large for something thats never gonna give me a return of that much.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:11 PM

hey bro, do you have any pics of the f2/f3 cage though? have you made it yet or what?

you got an email, ill send you pics.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:12 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

the MXD cage doesnt travel under the bike in a loop fashion it goes through the bottom of the plastics up infront of the engine. 905 does the same thing but it goes through farther back then the MXD. I think this is where the MXD seem's to have gained some lean angle in the turns. That and the cage follows the plastics more closely.

The only difference your cage seems to have from the FI cage is that it doesnt have that support piece that travels back towards the rear sets, instead its just the basic loop. It looks good though, once again gives the F2/F3 guys another choice

Quick Reply: Cage etc. on F2