Help an Ausssie...you know you want to

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 05:50 PM

Padros is an unknown quantity at this point
Help an Ausssie...you know you want to

Hi Guys,

I was hoping to get some advice from anyone who seriously stunts their gsxr thou. I have a k2 model which I've been stunting for about a year but it had been stock in terms of no stunt mods like gearing, 12 bar etc. After a recent stack a few weeks back I've ordered a cage and 12 bar but am still stuck on what gearing to go for. I've spoken to some mates as well as speaking to other Australians in the international section of stunt life. However I am still undecided as to what to go for. I've had advice that ranges from people saying "keep it on stock gearing" all the way up to "get a 66 on the rear" However a lot of the advice has come from people who ride different bikes which changes a lot of things.
Just to let you know I will still use the bike to commute so need to get around the city at decent speeds but will not be doing anymore twisties and fast rides so don't give a crap about my top end. I have already got a lot of tricks down and steady but now want to slow it down as well as learn 12 and scrape tricks cos I'll have a 12 bar now.
So I'm now thinking going 17 front (stock) and 60 rear or 17 front and 54/55 rear.
I'd really appreciate any advice from you guys who have 1000's from the perspective of someone who has never yet done 12's cos I know the pro's can park it and scrape it stock but what's the best for someone who's learning and what are the trade off's.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-15-2004, 06:45 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Re: Help an Ausssie...you know you want to

put a 14 in front and ride that for a while, it's the cheapest easiest way.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Darius
put a 14 in front and ride that for a while, it's the cheapest easiest way.
Thanks Darius. I'm actually mates with Luke so have heard all about his adventures down there

So if I just do that will it be slow enough to park 12's? Sorry if the questions are naive but not many cats here re-gear their bikes or stunt for that matter so we really rely on advice from the states.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by BashPlate
Thanks Darius. I'm actually mates with Luke so have heard all about his adventures down there

So if I just do that will it be slow enough to park 12's? Sorry if the questions are naive but not many cats here re-gear their bikes or stunt for that matter so we really rely on advice from the states.
three down in the front will be slow enough for parking 12's.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:17 PM

MATT L is a decent person

I had mine just -1 up front for awhile, you can still creep it pretty slow without any problems...10up 1dn is a good all around gearing, which is what I have now.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:41 AM

Thanks heaps for the responses guys. I think I'm going to go the easy cheap option of 3 down in the front and then see how it feels...at least that will give me a good idea as to what I need and I'll get some experience with a re-geared ride then be able to decide if I need a big *** rear.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:09 AM

Hendo is an unknown quantity at this point

I just ordered 58tooth rear and am keeping the stock front, last i spoke to manufacturers and importers around brisbane you couldn't go any less than 1down on the front.

If you find someone in Aus who does smaller fronts let me know

Hendo
Old 12-16-2004, 06:55 PM

Will do man....chain gang maybe a go but otherwise as with everything else, it will have to come from the States.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:01 PM

Stoppie Steve F4i is an unknown quantity at this point

kyle pbz was up 20 in the rear ans then he went to up 8 in the rear id say go with the 8 still good for slow and can comute or ask kane he'll know or take D's advice hes a stunt pimp
Old 12-17-2004, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Stoppie Steve F4i
kyle pbz was up 20 in the rear ans then he went to up 8 in the rear id say go with the 8 still good for slow and can comute or ask kane he'll know or take D's advice hes a stunt pimp
Thanks man. Yeah I think I'm going to do what Darius suggested as it's low cost and if it feels like it's not enough at least I'll have some experience with it geared up a little so should be a better judge of what size rear to get. Since most of the stuff comes from your shores it costs us a freakin shitload of cash for anything that's why it's good to get it right from the start
Old 12-17-2004, 07:07 AM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

i had +10 rear -1 front on my gixx 1k.. worked great for slow **** and could do highway..
Old 12-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

my gsxr 1000 is 2 down 13 teeth up.

its alright i guess... kills highway stuff but i had to gear it this low if i hoped to get any engine break out of it...

-kane