Power Wheelies!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 12:16 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person
Re: Power Wheelies!?!?

Doodles coming with me to stuntwars but can't get much money at all. I'm blowing all my money on this trailer (150 for the hitch and 100 to rent it from someone on the colorado sportbike club) and then like 150 for gas and I just lost my job so I guess we'll be sleeping in the car.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:21 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

pssft look at my avatar..alcoholics dont care where they sleep. are any stunters willing to let us sleep on their hotel room floor? we got sleeping bags AND four 30 packs of beer.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:22 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

I don't either I just don't wanna get held by gunpoint because theres 2 bikes in the back of the car and we have keys. Guess stuntwars is worth taking the chance of getting shot.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:51 AM

Pigott666gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

With power wheelies you carry way too much speed therefore not able to stop where as clutch wheelie is very controlled. I know I lost a Good friend to power wheelies and not able to put it downin time he then hit a island and flipped bike killed him. So learn slow and always gear up for crashing not riding.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:58 PM

kidstunta is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont do really really slow stuff myself, and I power wheelie, with control in my opinion. I think if you are just riding the streets at like 40 or 50 mph, you can learn to power wheelie. I can consistently power wheelie up at 40 mph and ride it as long as I want, without looking goofy doing it, or sloppy. I pretty much never have to try twice to get it up. I have stock gearing as well, on my 900rr. I can get that bike up in the first 4 gears on power alone.

When I do sitdowns though, I do use clutch. BEAR IN MIND, Im not doing parking lot ****, no circles and crap. I want to eventually, but for what im doing now, im happy with the power wheelies. You can hate all you want on me

I love em, and all my friends are jealous.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:41 AM

Well its def squid-ish and while your not learning any real skill your just going to make a high speed wheelie that once you put it down the bike will be Tank slapping the **** out of you and your kids and anybody can do a power wheelie. Its just and opin but its actually called progession and this is why people ride 50, 100, 125, 600 then 750 to what is the top dog 1k. If i ever power wheelied my 1k on any road around here i would be splat. They are the easy way of wheeling or SQUID way.Lear some skills and use the clutch cause you probably skip right over the 600 and bought a 9 and now you can wheelie. wow

Unless you have a 400 tooth sprocket.....
POWER WHEELIE ARE FOR ROOKIES WITH NO SKILLZundefinedundefined
Old 01-14-2005, 11:29 PM
954rr Enthusiast

finny76 is an unknown quantity at this point

I well just recommend watching these 2 video clips for power wheelies. You can decide yourself

1) 954rr Power Wheelie.

2) GSX-R 1000 Power Wheelie

Just look how smoothly the bikes came up, no jerks and speed was between 30-50 at the most.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:55 AM
954rr Enthusiast

finny76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FooFighters203
6th gear my ***. id have to see that to believe it. ive never seen a bike with enough power to come up in 6th.

Well this Turbo GSX-R 600 Power Wheelies in all 6 gears!!
Old 01-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

when first learning I think clutching is a good way for beginners. Then learn power after you're more experienced. Always cover the rear brake.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:34 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

ive started using the clutch more than i used to,but either way in 3rd gear i can make my wheelies long,high and smooth off power alone with out eating up my revs all the way...so anyone that says power wheelies are dangerous and out of control are retarded.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:43 AM

Well I guess ANY people Like Darius, Jason B or Tony D should chime in and set the rookies apart from the Riders. It takes NO SKILL wack the throttle and yes it is much harder and takes more skill to use the clutch. Try a power wheelie from a Dead stop. NOT u cant but for some reason I can with the clutch. HMMMM ogh if you know how to Feather a clutch then you are just as smooth as any power HIGH Speed wheelie.

THIS POST SHOULD BE CALLED THE ROOKIE RIDERS>
Old 01-17-2005, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by finny76
Well this Turbo GSX-R 600 Power Wheelies in all 6 gears!!

Have you seen the Ghost Riders TURBO BUSA thats wheelies at 180MPH

check it its sick
Old 02-23-2005, 04:25 PM

mothon is an unknown quantity at this point

so to do a wheelie you just quickly let off the cluth and give it gas
Old 02-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pigott666gsxr
Well I guess ANY people Like Darius, Jason B or Tony D should chime in and set the rookies apart from the Riders. It takes NO SKILL wack the throttle and yes it is much harder and takes more skill to use the clutch. Try a power wheelie from a Dead stop. NOT u cant but for some reason I can with the clutch. HMMMM ogh if you know how to Feather a clutch then you are just as smooth as any power HIGH Speed wheelie.

THIS POST SHOULD BE CALLED THE ROOKIE RIDERS>

^this guy is an ***.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:39 PM

mothon is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone explain the basics of doing a wheelie
Old 02-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Tanner- Great avatar but I just got bi***ed out by my boss because of it . Now I have to be careful reading threads that you are in.

Love the job, hate the boss-
Old 02-23-2005, 06:37 PM

Saxton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mothon
Um...lift the front wheel off the ground.

Seriously though, an easy way to learn is to, get to 20-30 mph, pull the clutch, rev it to say, 5 or 6k rpm and release the clutch as you floor it. If it doesn't come up, rev it a bit more and try again. The hardest part for me when I started was staying in the throttle. Your natural reaction, especially when you're new, or it comes up very quickly is to shut and try and re-open the throttle. By then it's usually too late to catch it, or it gets wobbly. (Not to say you can't chase it back up, but then you're going 50-60mph.)
Old 02-23-2005, 06:43 PM

Saxton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pigott666gsxr
It takes NO SKILL wack the throttle and yes it is much harder and takes more skill to use the clutch.

It's not necessarily true that your bike will wheelie from just openning it up either. On the Gixxer I'm guessing you (Pigott666gsxr) ride, probably, but not 250s and certainly not my bike. (ZX7R; and many others I assure you) On rare occasion mine will start skimming the ground, but never has it wheelied simply accelerating without the aide of the clutch.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:12 PM

Kelly. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mothon
there is a sticky at the top of this page, you should read that and see if it helps. after you read it go out and practice practice practice
Old 02-23-2005, 11:34 PM

cbr6rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Listen up, I'm no pro - but I know I'm right.

The key to riding a nice wheelie is balance point. It does not matter how you choose to get your front end up there as long as your in control. It is personal preference whether you use the clutch or just throttle ( power, bounce, whatever...). I know guys on litre bikes that tend to use the clutch, just like I know guys on 600's with no gearing changes that wish they didn't have to use they're clutches( on the hi-way). I can lift my front end either way. I prefer to use my clutch for all sit-down and most first gear wheelies. If I'm starting a stand-up anywhere from 30 to 90MPH, I personally will never use my clutch. The key is doing whatever you are comfortable with, in your bike's capabilities.

POWER WHEELIES KILL is true, but you have to know that statement has nothing to do with the method of lifting your front end. You can start a deadly power wheelie with the clutch.

Let's say you ride a wheelie for a 1/4 mile, if you stay at about the same speed from start to finish, you spent some time in BP under control.

Now say someone wheelies that same 1/4 mile, only this person starts their wheelie at 40MPH and ends it at 100MPH. That is a "DEADLY POWER WHEELIE". They did not use balance or BP to carry that distance. The only thing that made them go a 1/4 mile was POWER and ACCELERATION. Also the front end would be well below BP.

In my OPINION anyone trying wheelies at first should not use the clutch.
Start with first gear roll-ons and don't try to get your front wheel up high.
Concentrate on learning throttle control so your smooth and not going up-down, up-down, from throttle jockeying. This will help you avoid flipping when you do start to get up higher.

By the way, one of my first wheelies on film was posted above on this thread by finny76 (the CBR954), it's nothing special though.

If your gonna slam me for anything I've just stated, save it for someone that wants to hear it.

Does anyone agree ???

Quick Reply: Power Wheelies!?!?