What to expect, Balance Point??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 02:36 PM

carolinaboy is an unknown quantity at this point
What to expect, Balance Point??

Its me again, i still can't hold bp yet but getting there. I took some advice and had myself filmed. Its true, you think you're up there but your not. I can hit them much better now but i can't hold it. My question is what to expect now. I thought i was getting there and realize im not. So now i must clutch it a little harder and try to find bp. Even though i was getting close it, looks like i got a way to go. Just kinda killed my confidence a little. When i stay on the throttle longer now to reach bp i don't want to overreact or freeze cause both ain't good on one wheel. So just a little help on how it is gonna be now that i know i got to go higher to reach bp. I was all ***** out you know, like when you first got the wheel up good. Now after the tape i realize i look pathetic in my attempts. So help me out fellas. thanks in advance.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:05 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What to expect, Balance Point??

its going to feel like floating. you think you will loop it but you wont. the rpms will drop and the speed will stay the same or drop a little.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:49 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

yeah..you'll hear and feel the revs stop climbing..its almost like being on a see saw...theres a spot thats balanced out...
Old 12-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

just ride em out smooth even a foot off the ground.. and you'll progress, try to ride with other people that can wheelie really good
Old 12-01-2004, 11:26 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by MasterShake
just ride em out smooth even a foot off the ground.. and you'll progress, try to ride with other people that can wheelie really good
If you go too high you'll know it when you're sliding on pavement.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:36 AM

safest way to learn wheelies...if you progress slowly theres a lot less chance of crashing...when i try anything to quick something bad always happens..
Old 12-02-2004, 01:04 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

When I relearned 1st on my 954 I would pop it up a couple feet and ride it out to redline, and keep increasing the height until I could comfortably bring it up to balance it out. The biggest thing is not to slam the wheel down once it gets going and get a feel for actually riding it.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

alcohol will help you with throttle control. i was drunk when i rode my first BP wheelie
Old 12-02-2004, 11:29 AM

NinjaTurtle is an unknown quantity at this point

alcohol will help you with throttle control. i was drunk when i rode my first BP wheelie
you kiddin me?
Old 12-02-2004, 12:45 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

When you've **** your pants, you've hit the BP for the first time
Old 12-02-2004, 01:40 PM

that sux...thats a nice way to go down dude...
Old 12-03-2004, 06:37 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

Woah...and here I thought alcohol made people do dumb ****, like kill people, themselves, and random road-side objects. Hell, I'm downing a fifth and hitting the 202 tonight!!

Seriously bro...good way to kill yourself. A guy a while back had his girl on the back of his bike, he was 'barely' drunk, she was sober. He ran off the road, hit a telephone pole support wire and decapitated both of them.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:12 PM

fitzonthemark is an unknown quantity at this point

I hit my first BP wheelie after drinking a couple of beers too. I know it's stupid though and I'm sure Mastershake does too. I wouldn't give that out to anyone as advice, I don't think that's what he was trying to do.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:03 AM

y0manda is an unknown quantity at this point

Just keep practicing, Try different body positions like leaning back with your arms straight out in front of you or what not. I like to keep my front wheel really high like 10:30 at about 50mph so I'm standing straight up with my bars to my chest looking over my front wheel, heh ask gsxr7502001. Keep in mind what FHL said not to let the front wheel slam down. practice giving it gas to bring er down softly, that way your front tire will chirp and smoke like an airplane coming in for landing. Try bouncing and clutching 2nd thats what I am comfortable doing. Took me a few 1 hour riding days just to do it in sync. Remember you not there yet if your speed is still increasing
Old 12-05-2004, 12:07 AM

yeah..dont use up all your revs in the wheelie otherwise your gonna hit like a ton of bricks..its all in practice
Old 12-06-2004, 11:37 AM

Rolla1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by y0manda
practice giving it gas to bring er down softly,

Damn thats why i keep blowing for seals!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rolla1990
Damn thats why i keep blowing for seals!

yeah make sure you have some revs left before you come down. if you run out of revs, that can happen to you. dont try to get there by just staying on the throttle till you get there, if you are almost out of revs. learn to clutch it up higher so you dont have to give it so much gas after getting up
Old 12-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll know when you hit it. It's a wonderful "oh ****" kind of feeling. it gets real light and you hardly need the throttle to keep it there. Just ake it slow. There's n rush to get there. Be safe and learn slowly and you'll live longer and be able to do more!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:40 PM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
yeah make sure you have some revs left before you come down. if you run out of revs, that can happen to you. dont try to get there by just staying on the throttle till you get there, if you are almost out of revs. learn to clutch it up higher so you dont have to give it so much gas after getting up
i dont have to clutch up my wheelies. in 2nd i just barly bounce it and it comes right up. sometimes ill get BP but sometimes i wont. i use my clutch in first gear to get it up fast. but i dont like to in 2nd.

but like others have said. take it easy, and take it slow. dont wanna loop it. :YEAH

(theres nothing more thrilling than riding your first bp wheelie)
Old 12-06-2004, 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=FooFighters203]i dont have to clutch up my wheelies. in 2nd i just barly bounce it and it comes right up. sometimes ill get BP but sometimes i wont.

QUOTE]

i dont have to clutch up either, but ever think that sometimes when you dont get to bp its cause you bounced it up. thats why i tell everyone to clutch up, learn the right way the first time.

Quick Reply: What to expect, Balance Point??