03 gsxr 750 motor ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 03:01 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point
03 gsxr 750 motor ?

im doing a motor swap. putting an 03 750 into a 00 750 frame.

i have the service manual and got the motor completely put back together. i had to put on all the cases, oil pan and thats it. i can get the feul pump to work and all the electrical to work. but i cant get the bike to start. i cant get the motor to turn over either. we have a semi truck mechanic who also is into flat track racing and he tried to start the bike by touching 2 wires together but that didnt work either.

i think the rod that is pushing the clutch isnt fully engaged because when i take the cover off the side where the sprocet is i can get the back wheel to stop turning, but when i install the cover and the bike is in gear, the wheel will still move. its harder to move but at the same time, it still moves.

do you think the motor is locked up? do i have to take apart all the gears?
Old 11-22-2004, 03:13 PM

HurricaneF2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 03 gsxr 750 motor ?

try turning the motor over in neutral from the flywheel. if it wont turn, than id say its locked up. whered the engine come from? if its not seized from lack of oil, try spraying wd40 into all the cyclinders and try to get broke free
Old 11-22-2004, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by HurricaneF2
try turning the motor over in neutral from the flywheel. if it wont turn, than id say its locked up. whered the engine come from? if its not seized from lack of oil, try spraying wd40 into all the cyclinders and try to get broke free
i got the motor off ebay so im thinking im getting fuked right now. i cant even get the thing in nuetral. the N light wont turn on either.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:01 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you gettin power to the starter?

It won't go into neutral? Like the tranny is screwed up.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
Are you gettin power to the starter?

It won't go into neutral? Like the tranny is screwed up.

im pretty sure im getting power to the starer cuz thats the first thing i had the mechanic look at and we ended up moving to the clutch

i think the tranny is screwed up. like the gears arent meshing with each other. you think this could be the problem?
Old 11-22-2004, 06:12 PM
junki stunts

H-cane is an unknown quantity at this point

get some one to spin the wheel while you try to shift gears. you tryed to take to cover off the starter and it did turn? then its in the motor,
you said you put it together cases and all. then there might be a tight crank bearing. if starter didnt turn get new starter. but contact who you got it from maby they can help or give money back. also timing. move wheel back and forth in gear.

??????????????
Old 11-22-2004, 06:28 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
im pretty sure im getting power to the starer cuz thats the first thing i had the mechanic look at and we ended up moving to the clutch

i think the tranny is screwed up. like the gears arent meshing with each other. you think this could be the problem?

If you can't get it into neutral something is definetly messed up.
Try push startin it, and poppin the clutch. See if you can get the motor to turn over. If not, get yo money back.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
If you can't get it into neutral something is definetly messed up.
Try push startin it, and poppin the clutch. See if you can get the motor to turn over. If not, get yo money back.
i cant pop the clutch though. when i have the case over the front sprocket on i cant engage or disengage the clutch. with the cover off, it will engage in the tranny. its almost like the pin thats pushing the cover on the gears is getting stuck somewhere.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by StuntinFoolzJ
get some one to spin the wheel while you try to shift gears. you tryed to take to cover off the starter and it did turn? then its in the motor,
you said you put it together cases and all. then there might be a tight crank bearing. if starter didnt turn get new starter. but contact who you got it from maby they can help or give money back. also timing. move wheel back and forth in gear.

??????????????

i havent gotten the motor to turn yet. i need to take the case off and mess with the starter? where is the crank bearing? i know how to use a wrench but i dont know terminology. i used a torque wrench to tighten all the cases and i have the service manual so i know what to torque them to.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:16 PM
junki stunts

man... the crank bearing are in side the motor they are what the oil goes between, them and the crank shaft. some times people put the wrong ones in or the wrong parts but that is if you only went that far in the motor.

other than that you have to put the clutch cover on and the bolts in to keep the cover stationary so it will diengage the clutch.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:50 AM

man... the crank bearing are in side the motor they are what the oil goes between, them and the crank shaft. some times people put the wrong ones in or the wrong parts but that is if you only went that far in the motor.

other than that you have to put the clutch cover on and the bolts in to keep the cover stationary so it will diengage the clutch.
i put two diferent clutch covers on. one from a 00 and one from a 03. they both wont let the clutch engage properly. thats why i think it has to be something internal.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:32 AM
junki stunts

you might have to take the clutch cover off and look at the springs and basket to see if there is any damage inside.

also do you fell the tension on the clutch when you pull it in.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:40 AM

you might have to take the clutch cover off and look at the springs and basket to see if there is any damage inside.

also do you fell the tension on the clutch when you pull it in.
yeah i felt tension in the clutch, i gave it slack and took some out.

i think its the springs and basket too. im going to check it out tonight so ill let you know.