stand up update...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 01:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: stand up update...

Originally Posted by FHL
I wish my 954 would clutch 2nd without bounce. It'll bounce up but when I clutch it by itself it never fully comes up just lurches and stays at about a foot. I have been doing first gear sit downs and standups now and like them better cause there's more engine brake and I can clutch it right up.
thats bs bro. its not your bike. ive clutched up a 02 f4i, 03 r6, 00 gsxr 750, 03 gsxr 750, 98 gsxr 600---all in second with no bounce, stock gearing, exept for the 00 750....... it take practice, timing, alot of gas and some *****...

sit downs or stand ups....it doesnt matter, you can clutch up 2nd with any newer bike. i only have to bounce on the freeway when im going over 50ish
Old 11-24-2004, 08:09 PM

HurricaneF2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZX-10R Urza
I think almost any bike will clutch up in second, just give it more gas and release the clutch at a higher RPM. Even a RS50 can clutch up in 2nd,

who the fukk are you giving advice all the time. you ride a mountain bike for christs sake
Old 11-25-2004, 01:03 AM

gsxr420 is an unknown quantity at this point

some people are just fu(king retarded.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:11 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HurricaneF2
who the fukk are you giving advice all the time. you ride a mountain bike for christs sake

sorry man but i gotta agree with him lol. I see posts from you tryin to help people do wheelies all the time when you only ride a mnt. bike. Granted half the time you seem to know what your talkin about... just kinda wierd.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by FHL
I wish my 954 would clutch 2nd without bounce. It'll bounce up but when I clutch it by itself it never fully comes up just lurches and stays at about a foot. I have been doing first gear sit downs and standups now and like them better cause there's more engine brake and I can clutch it right up.

My F2 will clutch up higher then foot in 2nd with no bounce and my clutch is pretty much SHOT. you really need to practice more man that 954 should have 0 problems bringing up second, and dont even bring up elevation.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:22 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
thats bs bro. its not your bike. ive clutched up a 02 f4i, 03 r6, 00 gsxr 750, 03 gsxr 750, 98 gsxr 600---all in second with no bounce, stock gearing, exept for the 00 750....... it take practice, timing, alot of gas and some *****...

sit downs or stand ups....it doesnt matter, you can clutch up 2nd with any newer bike. i only have to bounce on the freeway when im going over 50ish
I'll get some vids..
Old 11-25-2004, 01:24 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by rrmike
That's the biggest crock of sh*t I've ever heard FHL. WTF are you talking about? Shut up already! You sound like a moron saying a 954 won't clutch up. I don't care how high the elevation is there. 95 hp (your math I think) is about all an F4i has and I can clutch my little bro's no problem in 2nd sitting or standing with stock gearing. I have clutched my 954 up in 3rd no problem.

It aint the bike it's you. Go practice more or don't come on here talking about what you don't know. You look more foolish each time

I have a video of me clutching the **** out of my bike sitting and tugging on the bars. It's pretty short from when I just started riding after my accident.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:34 AM

maybe you just dont have the technique of clutching a wheelie down?
Old 11-25-2004, 01:36 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

I was laying on the tank, and clutched it full throttle as I pulled the bars as hard as I could. Took it up to BP full throttle at first then rolling off as I hit it, and let it back down.

http://home.comcast.net/~jared.hagen/hardclutch.avi
Old 11-25-2004, 01:43 AM

obviously you closed the throttle instead of "roled off" you have the clutching technique down from what it sounds like. It actually sounds as if you could give it more R's and that would probably mean you wouldnt have to "lay on the tank and yank on the bars" i pull up slightly on my bars and stand staggered and it comes up no problem for me, WITH a shitty clutch.

Atleast we know you can hit BP now... just practice keepin it there. Also stand up weight transfer does wonders. I cant even imagine doing a sit down at that speed and tryin not to loop, 1st gear sit downs scare me enough.
If all this time you have been doin nothing but sit downs then thats half your problem of learning wheelies, Standups come up much easier then a sit down. and since you say your having so many problems with your bike not having enough "power" stand up and it'll help dramatically
Old 11-25-2004, 01:49 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by NovaMan
obviously you closed the throttle instead of "roled off" you have the clutching technique down from what it sounds like. It actually sounds as if you could give it more R's and that would probably mean you wouldnt have to "lay on the tank and yank on the bars" i pull up slightly on my bars and stand staggered and it comes up no problem for me, WITH a shitty clutch.

Atleast we know you can hit BP now... just practice keepin it there. Also stand up weight transfer does wonders. I cant even imagine doing a sit down at that speed and tryin not to loop, 1st gear sit downs scare me enough.
If all this time you have been doin nothing but sit downs then thats half your problem of learning wheelies, Standups come up much easier then a sit down. and since you say your having so many problems with your bike not having enough "power" stand up and it'll help dramatically

Well the road pretty much ends there, I can't turn my wheelies yet and the road is curved, the first one I rode longer which he didn't tape I almost hit the sidewalk. I was just trying to get a launch video. I meant I rolled off as the wheelie was coming up, and then closed the throttle, and rolled on again to keep the front end from slamming down.

Also I can do standups, my problem is that I can't tell when I've hit the balance point, and how high the bike is. I have no problem launching them I just can't tell where I'm at as easily as when I'm sitting. The bike comes up off pure bounce if I'm in the powerband, just doesn't want to come up clutching when I stand unless I give it a little bounce or tug. I don't care about how much power it has it has enough to pull up third so I'm happy.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:13 AM

well only you can progress from the poitn your at because noone can tell you what balance point feels like except that your RPM's drop alot and you feel kinda floaty, you dont even feel on the bike anymore. Its alittle difficult to explain you gotta go off of your own feel.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:50 PM

onsighter514d is an unknown quantity at this point

how much do the rpm's drop??? and why do they drop?
Old 11-25-2004, 01:44 PM

your RPM's drop a good deal, you can hear them go from an accelerating point to get the wheelie up to BP to almost idel noise, i dont know exactly how much they drop sinc eim not lookin at my tach while im doing a wheelie, but id say they drop a good 3,000 RPMs?

I think they drop because your in BP therefor not needing to use much power from the engine to stay up.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:17 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

I've never been really able to tell how much they drop cause I'm either standing and looking over the headlight, or sitting and looking off the side of the bike. You have to be way way up there for the RPMs to start dropping.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:59 PM

onsighter514d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NovaMan
your RPM's drop a good deal, you can hear them go from an accelerating point to get the wheelie up to BP to almost idel noise, i dont know exactly how much they drop sinc eim not lookin at my tach while im doing a wheelie, but id say they drop a good 3,000 RPMs?

I think they drop because your in BP therefor not needing to use much power from the engine to stay up.
3 grand, no way. i thought theyd drop like 250 rpm, thats nuts!
Old 11-25-2004, 05:00 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

normally your RPMs dont drop in a wheelie unless your behind the BP or on the brake..what happens is the bike gets balanced and theres not weight tugging down making you hold the throttle down,you here the sound of the bike accerating and when it hits BP the RPMS stop climbing so it sounds like they drop..but they just stay at one point most of the time on balanced wheelies.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by doodle13245
normally your RPMs dont drop in a wheelie unless your behind the BP or on the brake..what happens is the bike gets balanced and theres not weight tugging down making you hold the throttle down,you here the sound of the bike accerating and when it hits BP the RPMS stop climbing so it sounds like they drop..but they just stay at one point most of the time on balanced wheelies.

yeah after reading that ill correct myself on my post, thats more what it sounds like, your RPM's just stay constant instead of climbing. but they do drop some. Cause befor i looped id be doing a wheelie and id hear it hit the limmiter and id give it more throttle to bring it back farther and then roll off let it come down more then get back in the wheelie to ride it outa little longer.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:25 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

well the RPMs do drop if your easing the throttle to adjust the height but they rise the same way also