New guy with an unusual bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 01:46 PM

Chilledtim is a decent person
New guy with an unusual bike

Hi all,

Ive just joined this forum and cant find much about stunting my bike (yeah i learned how to used the search )

Its a TRX850 parellel twin streetbike
Its only got 80bhp (ish) but good touque from that 849cc twin.
It wont wheelie off the throttle ( tall 1st gear, 190kg bike, 80bhp)
So far ive been trying sit down and tentative stand up wheelies in 1st, clutching it while rolling at at 30mph/midrevs and can get the front up 16" or so consistantly for afew seconds (lame), ive had it alot higher but dump the throttle as it comes up fast, just practice and 'overcoming the fear' needed.

Does anyone else stunt middleweight twins that could could give me the pros and cons of a twin, or even any advise onthe best base tricks to learn (wheelies, stoppies, rolling burnouts?).
Also, would i be better gearing it down to i could be practicing wheelies at more carpark speeds rather than 30-40mph

Thanks, be gentil on the newbie

Last edited by Chilledtim; 06-27-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:11 PM

whitey123 is a decent person
Re: New guy with an unusual bike

im not familiar with that bike but i would highly recomend you trade it in for a f4i or similar bike and put a crash cage on that way when you drop your bike while learning it wont cost too much to fix. however if that bike is not worth much money or you dont care about it just keep practicing and you will eventually get used to the wheel being in the air. id also recomend doing stagered wheelies to start off with low tire pressure to keep you stable.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:20 PM

I think staggered stand-ups are going to be my way forward, stand-ups would seem to be a more useful base for stunts than sitdown wheelies.
Its got crash bungs lol, if i turn it into a stunter i could see if a tdm850 crash cage fits (same engine/mounts)

I have been thinking about getting a second winter/stunt beater bike, but i cant strech money to an F4i.
A cbr600 F2, fzr600 or maybe another trx850 fightered down so i could swap parts between bikes. but right now all i have is a trx850.
My photobucket pics keep coming out full screen so heres a generic pic, they look better than this pic makes it look, narrow, large bore twin exhausts, a ducati 900ss rip-off, but cheaper and with less bodywork

P

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gal...096%20%201.jpg

Last edited by Chilledtim; 06-27-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:58 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

That bike looks decent for wheelies. Id think an 850 twin would be great for low end torque, which is a lot more important than top end hp.

F2's are decent, and cheap
FZR's suck *** for stunting
any honda 600 will be good
Old 06-28-2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
That bike looks decent for wheelies. Id think an 850 twin would be great for low end torque, which is a lot more important than top end hp.

F2's are decent, and cheap
FZR's suck *** for stunting
any honda 600 will be good
The bike will lift the front end quite easily but i am thinking of gearing it down, i know thats a typical newbie idea but i think its valid, i mean the thing wont wheelie off the throttle in 1st, even stand-ups.

I think this bike has potential tho, still deciding between a Honda 600 or another trx as my actual stuntbike (this ones my only transport to work out in the sticks)

Going to tweek the brakes and un-bend the clip-on so i can start stoppies (my old fav on 125s)

However ive been having trouble with rolling burnouts and was wondering if the touquey twin engine isnt as smooth spinning up as inline 4s?.

By the way 1st or 2nd gear for rolling burnouts (80bhp bike) and lean forward or sit on tank?

Thanks, have to admit i want this bike to succeed, be abit different

Last edited by Chilledtim; 06-28-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:22 PM

J150 is a decent person

F2s are awsome takns had mine for like a month solid machine rolling burnouts get up to rolling idle speed like 15-20 and roll on the cluch and brake at the same time and lean forward while you do it