Help with Seat Stands / Christ Airs

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:21 PM

Goateechicken is a decent person
Question Help with Seat Stands / Christ Airs

I have been starting to try some stupidly retarded stuff on my 2004 Suzuki GS500F as a beginner, and have been doing drags and side saddles and have been starting seat stands.
How the dink do you do these things?!
I tried yesterday going around 90/km/h and then shifting down into neutral and then hopping slowly onto where I noticed the fricken handlebars were shaking like crazy so I sat back down...
Im pretty new to this, and was wondering if there is there any way to stabilize the handlebars and if there is any other newbie tricks I can do without pulling a wheelie or stoppie...?

Thanks boys.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Help with Seat Stands / Christ Airs

Sounds like your frontend is screwd.. bad rim, bad front tire, loose head bearings.. Good luck doing christs with that problem it won't happen. You need to fix that
Old 06-16-2009, 01:14 PM

Nah, I don't think its that, ... Im just wondering if there is a way to maybe tighten the handlbars so its harder to turn...? Because that would help keep the wheel firm when its going fast.
Its definitly manageable right now, it just scared the hell out of me the first time I did it.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Goateechicken
Nah, I don't think its that, ... Im just wondering if there is a way to maybe tighten the handlbars so its harder to turn...? Because that would help keep the wheel firm when its going fast.
Its definitly manageable right now, it just scared the hell out of me the first time I did it.
When going fast, the wheel shouldn't shake at all. Tightening it up will not help. T-Dubby knows what he's talking about. There's a lot of people on here that have been around bikes for a long time. Don't act like a douche know-it-all and you might learn something.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:25 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yes, it is that. Shot front tire or rim are the leading cause of headshake.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:29 PM

Sorry, Im not trying to be a douche, but my bike is in perfect condition right now, maybe its just that its a gs500f? . . . . . . . . .
Old 06-16-2009, 01:29 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

+1 to what they said... It should not have any headshake..

And yes drags and side saddles Are stupidly retarded
Old 06-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Obviously it's not in perfect condition LMAO... Christ
Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

maybe its just that its a gs500f? . . . . . . . . .
yes, that's what it is
Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 PM

So when going at a reasonable pace with no hands on the handlebars, and on a lower end stock bike, the handlebars don't wobble at all?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Brap

So when going at a reasonable pace with no hands on the handlebars, and on a lower end stock bike, the handlebars don't wobble at all?
Nope not at all..
Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM

AHA, Im just saying, if its a lower end bike and basically everyone here is customed to gsxr's and r1's and stuff like that, then maybe its just the bike isn't actually able to do that.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

No. Any wobble means something is fucked up.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:35 PM

That's freakin weird, . . .
I juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuustttt got it safetied and then took it in to get it checked up after I bought it.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:35 PM

AHA, Im just saying, if its a lower end bike and basically everyone here is customed to gsxr's and r1's and stuff like that, then maybe its just the bike isn't actually able to do that.
My 1982 Yamaha XS400 had zero wobble. Something is wrong.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:36 PM

That's freakin weird, . . .
I juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuustttt got it safetied and then took it in to get it checked up after I bought it.
It's still safe and what not if the shake is very minimal. It's just not perfect.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 PM

Could it just be the road? Like say its not perfectly flat, or the weight of the rider? Because its an incredibly light bike...
I just really don't think the rims or anything on the front end is screwed up , the tires were just replaced.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:42 PM

What about suspension. The guy before me weighed around 230lbs. And I only weigh 135lbs. ? Should that be adjusted.?
Sorry, im indredibly stupid I know.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Brap

Okay seriously.. Don't come here and ask questions to people that for the most part know what they're talking about and you just keep asking other stuff.. It's not the road, it's not the weight it's the bike pure and simple.. I bet if you just cruise and put it in neutral sitting and take your hands off it'll do it
Old 06-16-2009, 01:50 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Have you checked your powerband Goat? It could be loose and cause a bit of shake..

Quick Reply: Help with Seat Stands / Christ Airs