Seat Stander help appreacited?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:45 AM

SpankDog is a decent person
Seat Stander help appreacited?

Make it short this is my first post on here but this would be the best place to ask this. I run a 04 R6, stock except for exhaust, 24 PSI in rear, shock is set at stock and thinking I should lower it down to 3 or 2.

I ride stand ups with both feet on front pegs for miles 2nd gear bringing the bike up anywhere from 19mph - 40mph on a none windy day on highway i can sit around 55-65mph for awhile before chasing it down to 70 etc etc. Im very comfortable with my throttle control in 2nd gear, i haven't really practiced a whole lot riding staggered im still getting use to the wobble after im up for awhile. Ive messed with wheeling with both feet back pegs under balance point chasing the wheelie affraid to bring it up all the way.

When I jump up on the seat in 2nd gear & clutch it up it instently feels weird and then I set it down. I notice everyone starts crouched down, as the bike rises you straighten out your legs. The throttle control, the balance & everything is different from having your feet on the pegs. Its like when you first start learning power wheelies for the first time. I don't have a rear brake setup for my handlebars's, i cover my rear brake doing stand up's & just recently started actually practicing using it so doing a seat stander is probably not even somthing I should think about doing right now considering i just got my first street bike beginning of this summer. But I dont even mess with 1st gear anymore, recently put on a FI cage thinking id start practicing slow 1st gear wheelies but i need to practice on my friends stunt bike not mine lol. Anyway there is a lot of vids out there of guys with completey stock bikes no rear brake lever riding them all day making it look so easy. Im comfortable with my throttle control & im pretty smooth with my stand ups i really wanna try one on the highway what can i say

Any advice appreacited

This is what I basicly what im aiming at, guys sprockets aren't stock but he isn't using a rearbrake lever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7fl3DfJZHU

Last edited by SpankDog; 11-12-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:09 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Seat Stander help appreacited?

stand on edge of seat. crouch down. clutch bike like normal...as the bike is rising stand up with it and lock your legs the best you can.

you dont need a HB but i recommend it. but i also learned without one. once i got a HB i fell in love and i wont ride without it. just do it over and over again and you will get used to it. feels weird at first but once you get em on lock you will always do them....

here is me. ive only hada HB for a week when this video was takin, and now i cant ride cuz NY sucks ***

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXpHGMXisoM[/YOUTUBE]
Old 11-12-2008, 03:12 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

and you said you were confortable with your throttle control but you better be positive on that. i could ride 50-55 mph stagger on my r1 for miles and i wouldnt touch the brake at all. i could keep it steady and use engine brake. so i did SS's and felt pretty confortable with it.

the HB is very nice to have though. once i got it id clutch to BP then ride the brake and slow my SS's down. it also helps if you are stearing and doin flamingos.

hope this helps a tad, my best advice is still to get a HB first.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:27 AM

SpankDog is a decent person

So you learned seat standers without a HB? Guess that makes me feel a little less stupid for wanting to try without one hah, but ill think about putting one on my bike this weekend possibly. I think I defenitly will wait tell i get a HB though on before practicing a seat stander.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:42 AM

skoh will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SpankDog
So you learned seat standers without a HB? Guess that makes me feel a little less stupid for wanting to try without one hah, but ill think about putting one on my bike this weekend possibly. I think I defenitly will wait tell i get a HB though on before practicing a seat stander.

you could actually get more hurt with not knowing how to use a HB than looping a SS wheelie. .02

imagine a mouse trap going off.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Stuntride.com

i agree. when you first start using the HB take it easy. my friend tried to tell me clutch it then go to a 2 finger grip on the HB but i learned my own way. i cover clutch and HB the whole time. you'll get em down its not to hard. then you will learn how to steer them too which is fun on the streets
Old 11-12-2008, 01:30 PM

I4anF4eye is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skoh
you could actually get more hurt with not knowing how to use a HB than looping a SS wheelie. .02

imagine a mouse trap going off.

+1 on that.. been there done that.. be careful either way
Old 11-12-2008, 02:02 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

MANBEARPIG is a decent person

I'll help you.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:22 AM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

You dont NEED a HB on the street at all. Dont let that hold you back from doing anything. I agree that it might be safer to have a HB if you know how to use it, but dont let yourself make it a crutch.

Tim
Old 11-14-2008, 10:28 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I learned to slow SS wheelies without a handbrake
Old 11-14-2008, 06:39 PM

TrnsferErr is a decent person

i would never do a wheelie without a back brake
Old 11-14-2008, 07:17 PM

**D** is a decent person

Wait til you get a hb dude.. Seriously.. And when you get it, do stag and work with your new brake.. Get used to it. don't just jump on and pull up a ss.. Disaster waiting too happen..
Old 11-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Stuntride.com

i felt weird doin HB with a stagger wheelie. i always have my foot on the foot brake and i dont want to cancel em out. i hopped right up and did ss with the hb. but i also was doin em for a few weeks before i got the hb.

just take it slow and play with BP til you get it down. you wont do a flip if you ride to your ability
Old 11-15-2008, 12:31 AM

**D** is a decent person

At least ride around using only HB.. I wouldn't just pull it up and HOPE everything is working..
Old 11-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I learned to slow SS wheelies without a handbrake
i turned my idle down tongiht and i was doing that.. it was kinda fun
Old 11-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by R-Benji
stand on edge of seat. crouch down. clutch bike like normal...as the bike is rising stand up with it and lock your legs the best you can.

you dont need a HB but i recommend it. but i also learned without one. once i got a HB i fell in love and i wont ride without it. just do it over and over again and you will get used to it. feels weird at first but once you get em on lock you will always do them....

here is me. ive only hada HB for a week when this video was takin, and now i cant ride cuz NY sucks ***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXpHGMXisoM
You clown should not be giving advice on anything.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:42 AM
injured

purcy89 is a decent person

back in 06, i was playin with SS's on my mint 06 zx 10r, and i was doin about a mile in 2nd gear, but i didn't do many for fear of no HB, i havent tried any on my f4i, cuz now that i know brake control, i wont do any wheelie with out brake, also in 05/06, i didnt have a rearbrake on my 03 gixxr 600, and i learned how to do distance wheelie on that bike, when i bought the bike i was 17 and could chase about 1/8 mi through 2nd gear, in 2 months w/ no rear brake, i was doing 2 miles, and later 5-6 miles
Old 11-15-2008, 04:26 AM
Stuntride.com

Originally Posted by villa76
You clown should not be giving advice on anything.

k ill stop now...******
Old 11-17-2008, 04:52 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

JESUS CHRIST!!! YOU DO NOT NEED A HB ON THE STREET!!!!! YOU HAVE PLENTY OF ENGINE BRAKE ON THE STREET!!!! I get sick of people saying that you should not do this or should not do that without a HB. Just lift your ******* skirt pull the ******* front wheel off the ground and go on with it. Unless you are putt puttin across the lot, you dont need a HB!!!!!!!!! Ok, my rant is over now .
Old 11-27-2008, 12:41 AM

ehbomb is a decent person

ringmaster wen you riding wheelies in second gear do you have your idle up?

Quick Reply: Seat Stander help appreacited?