doing my first 12,o advise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:29 PM
FECAL FANATIC

thumpmonkey is a decent person
doing my first 12,o advise?

So ive been riding wheelies down every road possible standing up or sitting down till my arms get tired anyway. Ive started doing dead stop wheelies but am afraid to go all the way to set it on the 12, i can dead stop wheelie sitting down or standing up. what makes it easier to set it on the 12 bar your first time?
Old 08-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: doing my first 12,o advise?

Originally Posted by thumpmonkey
So ive been riding wheelies down every road possible standing up or sitting down till my arms get tired anyway. Ive started doing dead stop wheelies but am afraid to go all the way to set it on the 12, i can dead stop wheelie sitting down or standing up. what makes it easier to set it on the 12 bar your first time?
Cover the brake and don't chop the throttle. Other than that just ease off the brake until you hear it scrape.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:36 PM
FECAL FANATIC

sitting down or standing up? i do have a hb too.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

sitting down or standing up? i do have a hb too.
Whatever is more comfortable for you. Why do you have a HB if you can't even scrape?
Old 08-14-2008, 02:53 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

i do have a hb too.

Should have said that from the start, by all means skip to the head of the class and start with revlimiter Highchair coast scrapes
Old 08-14-2008, 03:18 PM

Nellie636 is a decent person

not all of us are coordinated enough to master fb before going to a hb... im sloppy as **** with my foot, since i put my hb on and learned more when to break im now better at fb (but still sloppy as ****). so some of us need to skip steps in order to be better
Old 08-14-2008, 03:53 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nellie636
not all of us are coordinated enough to master fb before going to a hb... im sloppy as **** with my foot, since i put my hb on and learned more when to break im now better at fb (but still sloppy as ****). so some of us need to skip steps in order to be better

Do you do 1 finger clutch, 1 finger on HB?
Old 08-14-2008, 03:54 PM

bj_lucky is an unknown quantity at this point

do u want to park it or scrape it and ride out...
when i learnt to park it on the bar it was foot in bar. be able to ride idle with no throttle input, let off brake and let idle pull u back, then pull clutch in right before it hits and let it fall the last little bit on the bar. pull your right foot off the peg and use it to balance till you scrape to a stop.

to scrape i ride staggered and ride at bp then just add a little trottle input and let it go back slowly till it hits. then just let off alittle bit and use the engine brake to pull it off the bar and then stay back on the gas to keep riding the wheelie.

Last edited by bj_lucky; 08-14-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:56 PM

Nellie636 is a decent person

i rock one finger clutch and then two finger hb, gxsr 1000 master with adapter i have to use two fingers on hb, cant pull that **** in with only one finger
Old 08-14-2008, 06:34 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I learned how to put it on the bar by rockin right foot covering the brake and left foot on the floor. pop that bitch up until you hit the bar. dont try to ride the wheelie out - try to hit the bar. if you pop it up and dont hit the bar put it down and try again. once you hit the bar like that it will be easier doing it either staggered or sitdown or fib or whatever.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:55 AM
FECAL FANATIC

thanks for the info everyone. i watched colton the other night at motoprimo and was trying to figure it out. i think i'll turn the idle up use a little clutch and try to attack the fb. last time i tried this i didnt have the idle up and gave it some juice while in a wheelie and dumped it on its side, boo.....
Old 08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nellie636
i rock one finger clutch and then two finger hb, gxsr 1000 master with adapter i have to use two fingers on hb, cant pull that **** in with only one finger
so you hold on with 1 finger???
Old 08-22-2008, 01:17 PM

bj_lucky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
so you hold on with 1 finger???
+1
or
maybe he has a ridiculously strong pinky lol
Old 08-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NINER
Whatever is more comfortable for you. Why do you have a HB if you can't even scrape?
LOL niner most of us prolly had one before we could scrape lol
Old 08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
FECAL FANATIC

So i landed my first 12o on fri night in the rain i dumped it once and bent my bars but thats the name of the game right.

Saturday tried it again on saturday and can set it on the 12 quite well but the bike wobbles so bad that i have to set it back down right away or it tips over.

how do i get the wobble at slow speeds to go away? Im +10 on a 03rr and hittting the 12 in first gear.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:20 PM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

what's ur tire pressure at? run 25 pds? ....could be the bar you got....BUT CONGRATS!!!! you got it right!:YEAH the more ya practice the more natural it'll feel....try scraping and tappin the brake and riding the scrape out back to the wheelie...