major endo headshake caused crash..root of problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:58 PM

mitsuman is a decent person
major endo headshake caused crash..root of problem?

So i have been rolling endos for a while and have become pretty decent at them. I have a GPR stabilizer that i set at around 3.5. I have never ever had a problem with headshake. Over the weekend i changed my tire from a 60 profile to a 70 because i got the tire for pretty much free and i needed one badly, and the tire pressure is at about 29 psi.

My first endo of the day was ok then it head shook pretty bad. i figured ok i hit an imperfection in the lot. Then not too long after i pulled another endo and it head shook so bad it threw me of the side of the bike, i held on the the handle bars an throttle auto lock while i slide about 15 feet until i finally let go and the bike crashed.

Now i have never head this kind of headshake and that day i had it twice. Although if i recall correctly i have had a 70 profile tire on the front with out any major problems. should i lower the pressure or just change the tire out? Thanks

Wish i had the crash on video
Old 06-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough
Re: major endo headshake caused crash..root of problem?

maybe this 70 has softer sidewalls?
Old 06-27-2008, 09:21 AM

YodaCon is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive never ran a 70, 65 profile is as high as i have gone so I have no basis for comparison, but now you are doubting the quality and function of your tire and it will affect your riding. My opinion you wont commit 100%

try and lower your psi to maybe 25 and see if that helps if not buy a pilot with a different profile. I got a good deal from motoxoutlet $107.00 shipped 2 weeks ago.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by YodaCon
Ive never ran a 70, 65 profile is as high as i have gone so I have no basis for comparison, but now you are doubting the quality and function of your tire and it will affect your riding. My opinion you wont commit 100%

try and lower your psi to maybe 25 and see if that helps if not buy a pilot with a different profile. I got a good deal from motoxoutlet $107.00 shipped 2 weeks ago.
70 profile should be stock. change the tire its probably worn uneven.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:53 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Head bearing might be getting loose?

Also, 3.5 seems pretty low.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

turn up your damper and make sure the set screws are tight , the easiest way to do this to set your damper at the stiffest setting and then turn the bars from left to right ,you will be able to see if the set screws are loose if there is a loose feeling in the middle of your turning radius..

when you turn the bars you will feel a steady resistance ,then just wiggle the bars from left to right a little and if there is play then they are probably loose
Old 06-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I NEVER use used front tires for that reason. Always brandnew.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:37 PM

mitsuman is a decent person

Head bearing might be getting loose?

Also, 3.5 seems pretty low.
I have always had it at that setting and never had a problem. i will raise it up a bit though.

Just yesterday as i was riding around i let go of the handlebars and the front end started to shake. Bike has never done this before....tire? bearings?

turn up your damper and make sure the set screws are tight , the easiest way to do this to set your damper at the stiffest setting and then turn the bars from left to right ,you will be able to see if the set screws are loose if there is a loose feeling in the middle of your turning radius..

when you turn the bars you will feel a steady resistance ,then just wiggle the bars from left to right a little and if there is play then they are probably loose
as soon as i get the base that screws onto the frame i will try this out. that piece broke when i crashed.

I NEVER use used front tires for that reason. Always brandnew.
the tire is basically brand new. 400 miles old. was taken off for a race tire.