switchback?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 03:14 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
switchback?!

How the hell do I ride switchback?!

Everytime I try it, I can't even make it 2 foot before I flop over

Would it help to learn to ride with my arms crossed?

I started to finally really put effort into learning switchback last night on my 50.. and jesus.. All I did was drive myself into the pavement about 10 times before I gave up

Then I started practicing driving with my hands crossed.. After about 10 minutes I was getting 'aight' at cruising around the lot...

So anyways, how did everyone else learn it?
Old 02-14-2008, 03:31 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: switchback?!

it's easier on a big bike and i know it sounds scarry but a little speed actually helps the bike go straighter
Old 02-14-2008, 03:32 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

on a fifty i sit on the bars
Old 02-14-2008, 03:36 PM

illegal_skillz is a decent person

Kinda hard to explain, just kinda of did it
Old 02-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old man roger
it's easier on a big bike and i know it sounds scarry but a little speed actually helps the bike go straighter
ya I know speed will help it go straighter, and I'm sure its easier on the big bike

but I know from trying it on the 50, I AM GOING TO WRECK

I have no concept of what way to turn the bars once I'm backwords, I always turn the wrong way, and instantly go down

Guess it'll just take seat time..

I'm definitely not trying ti on the big bike tell I got it on lock on the 50 lol
Old 02-14-2008, 11:26 PM
also known as OMR

try sitting on the bars on the fifty and if the throttle is to twitchy put it in second but just go slow
Old 02-15-2008, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
try sitting on the bars on the fifty and if the throttle is to twitchy put it in second but just go slow
ya I defintiely need a lot of practice

tried it in first, and the throttle never bothered me, tell I tried getting off the bike to turn around to ride normal, then I pinned the throttle and my bike raped me

I might try cranking my idle up and using the hb/front brake to slow down
Old 02-15-2008, 01:11 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Towlieee
ya I defintiely need a lot of practice

tried it in first, and the throttle never bothered me, tell I tried getting off the bike to turn around to ride normal, then I pinned the throttle and my bike raped me

I might try cranking my idle up and using the hb/front brake to slow down
i wasn't paying attention while getting off the fifty once and it shot out from between my legs like a rocket

i don't think i would want the idle up but thats just me go with what makes you feel comfy