-video added- Is this balance point in a stoppie?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:59 PM

CPStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: -video added- Is this balance point in a stoppie?

Originally Posted by Tony L
Ryan used to try to lick his front tire he was so far hanging off. lol!

I think This for the 180's and steering stoppies you need to be in the seat.

Distance stoppies are more of a Hang over the front if you need to at the very end of the stoppie to get that last 50-100 feet sometimes if you were on the brake a lil less on your pickup. its a cheater method lol!

Its really all about setup really for distance.
  • A good Front tire (Pilot Power or Perelli Super Corsa Race)
    Good Damper Setup
    Dirt Bars (Unless your M. Adams hahaha)
    Steel Braided Lines
    Stock Front Pads
    A good front master cyl
I switched out my brakes on both of my bikes 06 600rr and 06 1000rr. I remember my pads on my 600rr had fork oil on them and were mush. So I went with DP pads. And then cause I was dicking around with stoppies so much, I switched out the pads on the 1000rr so they matched on both bikes. The HONDA pads were really touchy compared to the DP pads. Was that a big mistake or should I still be able to kill it with the DPs? I never use equipment as an excuse unless someone tells me otherwise.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:20 PM

For all the guys that roll em far: 300ft+

Do u guys feel confident if you were to jump on someone elses bike with completely different brake pads that you could kill it on the first few attempts? Or is it something that takes a full day or more of adjusting?
Old 07-28-2007, 02:11 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by cpohoski
I switched out my brakes on both of my bikes 06 600rr and 06 1000rr. I remember my pads on my 600rr had fork oil on them and were mush. So I went with DP pads. And then cause I was dicking around with stoppies so much, I switched out the pads on the 1000rr so they matched on both bikes. The HONDA pads were really touchy compared to the DP pads. Was that a big mistake or should I still be able to kill it with the DPs? I never use equipment as an excuse unless someone tells me otherwise.
I was running HH's for a while i just felt like a had more feel on stock pads they arn't like race pads that have a really super hard bite to them. I like my pads best for stoppies when there about half way warn in. Race pads like i had in china would ****** up the front end with one finger i almos flipped a few because they bit so hard that you had no leway if you put a little too much pressure on the brakes doing a 180 or even trying for that last 20 feet. All in all its how you feel with the pads
Old 07-28-2007, 02:18 PM

For all the guys that roll em far: 300ft+

Do u guys feel confident if you were to jump on someone elses bike with completely different brake pads that you could kill it on the first few attempts? Or is it something that takes a full day or more of adjusting?

I never go for distance on somone elses bike normally stoppies are so critical that if your not use to the brakes or how the bike feels and you just jump on a bike a yoke it up it could result in a really shitty ending. I've done shows where i gotta barrow bikes and ride and i can roll on them 180's and stuff but i take a few runs and never really go for distance
Old 07-28-2007, 09:35 PM

I was running HH's for a while i just felt like a had more feel on stock pads they arn't like race pads that have a really super hard bite to them. I like my pads best for stoppies when there about half way warn in. Race pads like i had in china would ****** up the front end with one finger i almos flipped a few because they bit so hard that you had no leway if you put a little too much pressure on the brakes doing a 180 or even trying for that last 20 feet. All in all its how you feel with the pads
Yea I hear what ur sayin..... HHs seems to be a popular pad. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt making a mistake by NOT getting a pad that has a really BIG bite. Thx TONY.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:27 PM

Yea I hear what ur sayin..... HHs seems to be a popular pad. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt making a mistake by NOT getting a pad that has a really BIG bite. Thx TONY.
no worries. In my opinion brakes that bike hard tend to make you bite it hard. hahaha, Reason being it'll give you a great pickup but if you tap a break when your up there that bites too hard you'll be pulling the upside down ape hanger. But again thats my opinion.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

I like aftermarket pads. Actually I perfer them.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by T-NECK
I like aftermarket pads. Actually I perfer them.
you always gotta be different you emo bastard
Old 07-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

you always gotta be different you emo bastard
duh....lol
Old 07-28-2007, 11:18 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Which pads?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:55 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

Originally Posted by nags
Which pads?
Ill keep that my little secret.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:58 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Don't be homo.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:59 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

Originally Posted by nags
Don't be homo.