Been Gone For A Year... Whats The Latest On Hb Set Ups ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point
Been Gone For A Year... Whats The Latest On Hb Set Ups ?

so i took a year off.. off the internets and riding.. and dont feel like do a search on the google..lol

so ive bene browsing and searching the net for the latest updates on h.b. and seen some newer stuff out .

so whats the best **** out now ??

is there a more advanced master now or something ??

links where to buy ?

-jay-
Old 02-24-2007, 10:55 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Been Gone For A Year... Whats The Latest On Hb Set Ups ?

search nukka....lol

there are 900 threads on the subject and 9000 oppinions..........

key words i suggest are full throttle , hoe hey , brembo......
Old 02-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Group Moderator

Originally Posted by old man roger
search nukka....lol

there are 900 threads on the subject and 9000 oppinions..........

key words i suggest are full throttle , hoe hey , brembo......

i wouldnt have posted this without searching first there smart guy.

just trying to get a general oppinion.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:11 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ok then my oppinion is four piston rear caliper with a full throttle adapter and an 04 or later radial master.........
Old 02-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Group Moderator

ok then my oppinion is four piston rear caliper with a full throttle adapter and an 04 or later radial master.........

4 piston huh ?
dam im amazed on how behind i got in 1 season

what hondas run 4 piston rear calipers ?

and radial masters are still the top **** ?

wich bikes come with radial masters now that i can ebay ?
Old 02-24-2007, 11:36 AM
also known as OMR

r6 and r1 have radial 04 an later i believe and they are made by brembo so there good ...and i don't think any bikes come with 4piston calipers on the rear i just made a bracket to mount a 04 600 rr front caliper there.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:46 AM
also known as OMR

if you got a spare caliper lying around and can drill a few hole and cut some steel then i highly recomend this....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	smallest 4 piston.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	189397  
Old 02-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Group Moderator

if you got a spare caliper lying around and can drill a few hole and cut some steel then i highly recomend this....

wow i woulda never fukin thought that **** up !

its gotta have crazy power !

u just mounted a steel bracket to the aluminum swingarm using some bolts n **** ? no welding ?
Old 02-24-2007, 12:17 PM
also known as OMR

no welding just bolted it to the stock caliper mount and to the caliper....
Old 02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Group Moderator

no welding just bolted it to the stock caliper mount and to the caliper....

trying not to be a pain in the ***..

how did i figure out the distance u need to mount it in the right postion to line up with the rotor ?

i think im goign to try this out.

got plently of **** at the machine shop i work at to make this work.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:16 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Manubi
trying not to be a pain in the ***..

how did i figure out the distance u need to mount it in the right postion to line up with the rotor ?

i think im goign to try this out.

got plently of **** at the machine shop i work at to make this work.
**** if you work at a machine shop you can make this in your sleep....

i just put the caliper on the rotor and moved it around till i found the spot where it fit the best and then i centered the pistons and zip tied the brake lever to hold the caliper where i liked it ,cut a peice of steel to fit and marked the holes....

get the caliper as low as you can to get the pads all the way down on the rotor ,i dont know how big the rotor is on a 900rr so just make sure you have enough room to get the whole pad on the rotor,if you can't get it all the way down you can grind alittle off the bottom of the caliper but don't go crazy ,you can also grind a little off the top of the pad because you don't want the top of the pads to touch each other when they get low....

and you might have to make some spacers in between the caliper and the new mount but im not sure all my 900rr's had stock brakes on them so i never made one for a 900 rr
Old 02-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Group Moderator

**** if you work at a machine shop you can make this in your sleep....

i just put the caliper on the rotor and moved it around till i found the spot where it fit the best and then i centered the pistons and zip tied the brake lever to hold the caliper where i liked it ,cut a peice of steel to fit and marked the holes....

get the caliper as low as you can to get the pads all the way down on the rotor ,i dont know how big the rotor is on a 900rr so just make sure you have enough room to get the whole pad on the rotor,if you can't get it all the way down you can grind alittle off the bottom of the caliper but don't go crazy ,you can also grind a little off the top of the pad because you don't want the top of the pads to touch each other when they get low....

and you might have to make some spacers in between the caliper and the new mount but im not sure all my 900rr's had stock brakes on them so i never made one for a 900 rr

good call..

should be pretty easy to do..

thanks for the info
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

hey Roger do u have another four piston caliper layin around ? that **** is tight man i just got the full throttle adapter and line now im lookin for a master. but while im at it i might as well get a four piston caliper and do it right.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:39 AM
also known as OMR

sorry man no spares
Old 03-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Yes guys, it really is me

-Ludo is a decent person

Hay rogg, i got a few spare front calipers for a 03 gsxr 600 laying about.
i am using a 13mm magura master. if i make a set up like yours and run a line to the caliper so i have 2 set up's then (foot brake as stock, bar brake set up) will the master be ok?? its ment for a single piston caliper so i'm guessing i'm gona need a bigger piston master right??
Old 03-01-2007, 09:52 AM
also known as OMR

i would try it with the one you got ,it will probably just give you a little more feel ...you know the lever will probably just move a little more then it does with the single piston caliper....

i have a stock 03 r6 master on mine
Old 03-01-2007, 09:55 AM
also known as OMR

and let me know how it feels when your done because i have been wondering if it would make the hand brake even easier with that master..
Old 03-01-2007, 10:41 AM

-Ludo is a decent person

and let me know how it feels when your done because i have been wondering if it would make the hand brake even easier with that master..
well its awesome with the fullthrottle set up, running one line from the bar brake to the foot brake and then to the caliper. it will lock up with one finger and the idle is around 4,000 easy:YEAH
i can now to 1 finger clutch, 1 finger brake with it so much better.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:45 AM
also known as OMR

if it works that good then why would you change it ?

if you do put on the four piston caliper i would still only run one caliper not two
Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 AM

-Ludo is a decent person

if it works that good then why would you change it ?

if you do put on the four piston caliper i would still only run one caliper not two
i wont 2 set up's cuz when i go from of the peg stunt back to the peg's i'm still using my bar brake but my brain dont catch up and makes me go for the footbrake, and they dont both work together
going from standing to sitting with the idle up and as good as NO brake aint good, come down hard a few times. This way i can use both at the same time with moving off and njo the pegs.

so you only have the one then, i thought you had that as 2 set up's, you never wonted to do that??

Quick Reply: Been Gone For A Year... Whats The Latest On Hb Set Ups ?