f4i wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 11:10 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
Re: f4i wheelies

Originally Posted by inolen
Do you got a cage on your bike?

We got a single spot left. But we can't have you practicing wheelies at 20-30mph at it. If you really want to practice slow wheelies you can come out...
that sounds awesome, where at?
p.s i've got a 905
Old 01-22-2007, 11:31 AM

Raider9170 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bro, you are WAY over analyzing this. If you're on a street riding STAY OUT OF FIRST GEAR!!!!! If you want to learn them on an F4i to ride them out get in 2nd roll up to about 35-40, pull in the clutch, rev (there is no exact rpm just try different levels and see how it comes up), then let it out. It will come up A LOT smoother than first gear and you'll be able to ride it out for a hell of a lot longer. Anyone can tell you this speed, this rpms just try different ones. Trust me though and ride 2nd gear and not first for a while.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

^ bad advice... if he's new, and doesn't know how to wheelie... why make him wreck at 60, compared to 15... and who's gonna take advice from the guy who's avatar his him riding down the street
Old 01-22-2007, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
^ bad advice... if he's new, and doesn't know how to wheelie... why make him wreck at 60, compared to 15... and who's gonna take advice from the guy who's avatar his him riding down the street
lol.

thx for the tip raider, but i'm gonna have to take advice from the 14k posts....and ya i would much rather eat it while going 15 rather than 50.

but regardsless, i've tried every rpm at every single speed in 2nd gear, i could not get it up i tried bouncing it, pulling on it, staggered...everything~

...nothing works...so as far as i can tell it CANNOT be brought up in second gear with stock sprockets.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:45 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i used to pull mine up in a 3rd gear sitdown with stock sprockets.. it's all technique... you just don't have enough experience yet
Old 01-22-2007, 05:19 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

i used to pull mine up in a 3rd gear sitdown with stock sprockets.. it's all technique... you just don't have enough experience yet
Yes, it is very possible on stock sprockets, you just need more experience.

Like I said, if you are ready to start doing slow wheelies you can come out with us this weekend..
Old 01-22-2007, 05:30 PM

wow, even 3rd gear!!? ...didn't think it was possible.

p.s. inolen, i sent you a pm.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:24 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

listen to crtch, he knows what hes talking about. i personally think u should spend some more time lurking the forums and reading instead of asking questions that have been answered all over this site. not tryin to bash ya at all, just READ and RIDE. there is a lot of good info on this site. but for the most part its all about SEAT TIME. so stop typing and just go ride
Old 01-22-2007, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by DaHammer
listen to crtch, he knows what hes talking about. i personally think u should spend some more time lurking the forums and reading instead of asking questions that have been answered all over this site. not tryin to bash ya at all, just READ and RIDE. there is a lot of good info on this site. but for the most part its all about SEAT TIME. so stop typing and just go ride
lol, okay. will do....just one more question tho....i'm running 36/42 psi....for wheelies i usually drop to 36/25....is this about right?

i READ (:D) the wheelie tutorial written by f4rider and he says...
For doing wheelies above 20 mph, have the tire pressure between 20 and 30psi. For doing wheelies slower than 20 mph, lower the pressure to between 12 and 20. 18-20 psi makes for a good all around psi.
do you guys agree with that?

Last edited by DirtyToes; 01-22-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:17 AM

Raider9170 is an unknown quantity at this point

crtch would you rather have him try to run 10k and dump it (which on my f4i will bring it straight over) or do it in a way that will bring it up gradually? Also he'd only be running 60 if he rode it out for a while, which, if I am not mistaken is what he is trying to learn. Unless you can run them at bp then 1st gear isn't worth a damn for learning to get some distance. You can easily pull them at 35, ride a few hundred feet and put it back down around 55. also crtch why say he's gonna wreck. If he goes at it in a smart manner he shouldn't loop it, start out getting the wheel off the ground. Then a little more, then a little more and then a little further and further.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:23 AM

Snipes20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
lol.

thx for the tip raider, but i'm gonna have to take advice from the 14k posts....and ya i would much rather eat it while going 15 rather than 50.

but regardsless, i've tried every rpm at every single speed in 2nd gear, i could not get it up i tried bouncing it, pulling on it, staggered...everything~

...nothing works...so as far as i can tell it CANNOT be brought up in second gear with stock sprockets.
Just cause he has 14k posts does not make him the know all.....I'm not saying that he doesn't know cause he does in this case but there are guys on here that have under 200 posts and could make me and crtch look like ams.

I don't know if theres anything like this where u are but theres a drag strip near me and every fri. its 20 bucks for unlimited runs....I didn't learn that way but looking back now its alot safer and less illeagal.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Snipes20
Just cause he has 14k posts does not make him the know all.....I'm not saying that he doesn't know cause he does in this case but there are guys on here that have under 200 posts and could make me and crtch look like ams.

I don't know if theres anything like this where u are but theres a drag strip near me and every fri. its 20 bucks for unlimited runs....I didn't learn that way but looking back now its alot safer and less illeagal.
point taken. 8)

i don't know of such place , but if anyone, inolen would probably know. and lucky for me, he hasn't been around lately.

p.s. im just curious..how did you learn? on da streets?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:35 PM
B.T.M.

Originally Posted by Raider9170
crtch would you rather have him try to run 10k and dump it (which on my f4i will bring it straight over) or do it in a way that will bring it up gradually? Also he'd only be running 60 if he rode it out for a while, which, if I am not mistaken is what he is trying to learn. Unless you can run them at bp then 1st gear isn't worth a damn for learning to get some distance. You can easily pull them at 35, ride a few hundred feet and put it back down around 55. also crtch why say he's gonna wreck. If he goes at it in a smart manner he shouldn't loop it, start out getting the wheel off the ground. Then a little more, then a little more and then a little further and further.
Maybe because i have experience and know what i'm talking about. regardless if he's going 55 or 60, a wreck at that speed is bad news.. 1st gear is twitchier, which in turn will make him smoother in the long run. So why try to get distance if you're doing it wrong, why not get it controlled and balanced, then when he wants to be in 2nd, or 3rd, he can go however long he wants. Just cuz you're a squid is no reason to stop others from learning with your horrid advice.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:36 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

point taken. 8)

i don't know of such place , but if anyone, inolen would probably know. and lucky for me, he hasn't been around lately.

p.s. im just curious..how did you learn? on da streets?
Just give me a call this weekend, 818-442-3662. I'll be out early Saturday probably.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:39 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Maybe because i have experience and know what i'm talking about. regardless if he's going 55 or 60, a wreck at that speed is bad news.. 1st gear is twitchier, which in turn will make him smoother in the long run. So why try to get distance if you're doing it wrong, why not get it controlled and balanced, then when he wants to be in 2nd, or 3rd, he can go however long he wants. Just cuz you're a squid is no reason to stop others from learning with your horrid advice.
Name:  truestory.gif
Views: 164
Size:  499 Bytes

although most of us learned in the streets originally
Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by inolen
Just give me a call this weekend, 818-442-3662. I'll be out early Saturday probably.

i wanna go i wanna go....
Old 01-23-2007, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by LYONS
i wanna go i wanna go....
It's all the way out here in the Valley. It's a decent spot.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:18 PM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point

ahahahahahaa!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:14 AM

jc_smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it can. Your the problem, not the bike. You need to learn to "bounce" the bike up in second gear. It takes a lot of practice to get the timing right though. Get in second gear, get on the throttle hard, then get off it real fast and press down with all your weight(so the forks compress), and as the bike starts to come up and the forks unload, THAT'S when you clutch it up. Use the upward momentum of the bike to your advantage. Then when the wheel lifts off the ground, STAY ON THE DAMN THROTTLE!!! You will need a lot of it to lift the wheel to balance point in second gear depending on how well you can get that bounce......
Old 01-30-2007, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by jc_smith
Yes it can. Your the problem, not the bike. You need to learn to "bounce" the bike up in second gear. It takes a lot of practice to get the timing right though. Get in second gear, get on the throttle hard, then get off it real fast and press down with all your weight(so the forks compress), and as the bike starts to come up and the forks unload, THAT'S when you clutch it up. Use the upward momentum of the bike to your advantage. Then when the wheel lifts off the ground, STAY ON THE DAMN THROTTLE!!! You will need a lot of it to lift the wheel to balance point in second gear depending on how well you can get that bounce......
i'll try it tomorrow.

Quick Reply: f4i wheelies