kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Originally Posted by old man roger
i don't see how if it is ported thru the exhaust and the exhuast causes a vaccum

i thought the same thing as you till i read every thread on the subject
Take off your valve cover, and see if you can look at the top of your exhaust valves. you wont see them ... theres valve retainers and other valve train junk in the way, now do you think you could move the same air space from a hose through a straw at the same speed? No you cannot, so somthing will give, such as Valve cover gasket & or stator cover gasket.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

don't forget to flip the reed valves, in stock form you get alot of ticking noise from them
Old 03-20-2007, 06:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Ryan S
now i think i might just stick with the long *** retarded hose running around the motor, because yeah, your motor is getting blown up like a balloon...there really isn't anyplace for pressure to fent at 15k rpms, especially when you start the motor when it's cold, (such as -15 degrees) there has to be excessive pressure build up from that.
the exhaust is gonna create 100 more vaccume then your motor will make pressure ....unless you got a cracked ring or some thing
Old 03-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Scrapes Elbow

but the Vacume means nothing with out big enough ports top pull the Airspace. your head does not have holes going into the Exhaust ports. when i get home tonight, i will disect a 636 head i have and take pictures for everyone to see.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 PM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
don't forget to flip the reed valves, in stock form you get alot of ticking noise from them
you get a ticking noice from the reed valves, becuase of a longer hose?!

i'm just gonna disconnected that whole thing, like in the link you posted
Old 03-20-2007, 06:39 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Take off your valve cover, and see if you can look at the top of your exhaust valves. you wont see them ... theres valve retainers and other valve train junk in the way, now do you think you could move the same air space from a hose through a straw at the same speed? No you cannot, so somthing will give, such as Valve cover gasket & or stator cover gasket.
if you have enough blow by to push out a gasket then your motor is already toast so you have more to worry about then a leaking gasket
Old 03-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i know i don't have a cracked ring....but like i said, even with that pcv setup, with constant high rpms crank case pressure built up like a ****...it actually pushed out the seal on my front sprocket last year.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Scrapes Elbow

those ports on the valve cover, take them off and inside of them theres reed valves, they have little tensioner flaps u just flip em and wha laa.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Scrapes Elbow

if you have enough blow by to push out a gasket then your motor is already toast so you have more to worry about then a leaking gasket
if u have ever compression tested a 4 cylinder motor you will pretty much have 180psi accross the board on 3 cylinder and 140is on one clinder, if you have 170 psi per cylinder and 150psi on another that pressure could be transfering through a bad valve seal & into the crank case, 20psi could prolly ruined a valve cover gasket., since theres only 2-4 bolts that hold down the valve cover. and the motor will still run fine, the kleen air mod Push out the valve cover seal on my friends 02 gsxr 1k, and his **** ran ******* fantastic.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:43 PM
also known as OMR

but the Vacume means nothing with out big enough ports top pull the Airspace. your head does not have holes going into the Exhaust ports. when i get home tonight, i will disect a 636 head i have and take pictures for everyone to see.
well if it isn't ported to the exhaust then how is his bike pushing oil out when he is on the bar ?

and if it were not ported to the exhaust it would blow out all the gaskets the first time you revved the bike up
Old 03-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Scrapes Elbow

THE blow by is vented through the crankcase into the AIR box, Cap off your valve cover ports and hook up a psi gauge to your crankcase vent and rev your bike to 16k
Old 03-20-2007, 06:45 PM
also known as OMR

if u have ever compression tested a 4 cylinder motor you will pretty much have 180psi accross the board on 3 cylinder and 140is on one clinder, if you have 170 psi per cylinder and 150psi on another that pressure could be transfering through a bad valve seal & into the crank case, 20psi could prolly ruined a valve cover gasket., since theres only 2-4 bolts that hold down the valve cover. and the motor will still run fine, the kleen air mod Push out the valve cover seal on my friends 02 gsxr 1k, and his **** ran ******* fantastic.
this would be seperate from the mod and would happen with or with out it
Old 03-20-2007, 06:47 PM
also known as OMR

THE blow by is vented through the crankcase into the AIR box, Cap off your valve cover ports and hook up a psi gauge to your crankcase vent and rev your bike to 16k
not with this mod it's not and if what you said were true then i should have oil every where
Old 03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Scrapes Elbow

i am pretty sure the valve cover has a postive pressure roger
Old 03-20-2007, 06:49 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

wow.. I'm glad I have an F4i.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Scrapes Elbow

not with this mod it's not and if what you said were true then i should have oil every where
there was another thread on this mod arround the same time that a few people spoke up on OIL being EVERY where due to this blowing out valve cover seals., that one canadian that has the 636 with 05 wheels had the problemof it blowing SEALS to. maybe these exhaust ports build up to much CARBOn and it just doesn't have enough vac/air space
Old 03-20-2007, 06:53 PM
also known as OMR

i am pretty sure the valve cover has a postive pressure roger
normally it probably does but with an evacuation system wich is what this mod is it probably is under a vaccum
Old 03-20-2007, 06:54 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done the kleen air mod and totally closed off the airbox and still can get the bike to smoke. But it only smoked when it was way back N merkin' (forks like 45 degree in the air )! What about Legions bike??? I heard he's been running this setup for over a year!!! with no problems..
Old 03-20-2007, 06:55 PM
also known as OMR

there was another thread on this mod arround the same time that a few people spoke up on OIL being EVERY where due to this blowing out valve cover seals., that one canadian that has the 636 with 05 wheels had the problemof it blowing SEALS to. maybe these exhaust ports build up to much CARBOn and it just doesn't have enough vac/air space
that is a posibility
Old 03-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Scrapes Elbow

when i get home in an hour and half i will take pictures and explain this to the fullest. i will also try and rig something to test my R6 for vac and positive pressore from the valve cover and crank case so we canstraighten this all out.

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!