kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:07 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Originally Posted by eliasfile
the problem started after i did the mod and dented the tank...could the fi light be on cuz of problem on the fuel pump or something?
you may have just forgot to plug in the sensor on top of your air box
Old 03-19-2010, 09:19 AM

Bklynlod is a decent person

Anyone have a printable writeup of this mod? The link on here doesnt work> i need to read it while i do it, lol
Old 03-19-2010, 12:30 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by lky
ok ok i have read this thread about 8 times lol i must still be a dumb ***

THERE ARE A FEW THINGS THAT ARE WIGGIN ME OUT.....
ok i know i have to join these 2 hoses

But whats the deal with this T piece can use the standard one and still run the vacume line to the sensor or do i have to block hose (A) off? if so WHY? what does hose (A) do?

Or do i have to take off all the vacume lines and cap them all at the throttle bodies.

Originally Posted by old man roger
just take off hose A and stick a screw in it , it operates the pair valve but when you unplug it then the valve just stays open and acts just like a t fitting...

and dont forget to plug the holes left in your airbox
Originally Posted by Bklynlod
Anyone have a printable writeup of this mod? The link on here doesnt work> i need to read it while i do it, lol
no you dont ,just read these two posts..
Old 03-24-2010, 11:22 AM

Sorry I'm a dumb ***, ok. So I have to join the hoses like in the pic. Then I unplug hose A from the t and stick a screw in it. Leave the t piece open? Then what do I do with hoses 1 2 3 4 5 6?
Old 03-24-2010, 02:31 PM
also known as OMR

Sorry I'm a dumb ***, ok. So I have to join the hoses like in the pic. Then I unplug hose A from the t and stick a screw in it. Leave the t piece open? Then what do I do with hoses 1 2 3 4 5 6?
leave them alone plugging hose A is all you need to do as far as the vacuum lines go
Old 03-24-2010, 04:31 PM

Cool got it. so do I leave the t piece that i unplugged open or do I plug that too?
Old 03-24-2010, 04:38 PM
also known as OMR

Cool got it. so do I leave the t piece that i unplugged open or do I plug that too?
you can leave that port open
Old 04-03-2010, 04:16 PM

Pozer is a decent person

This mod is really easy! For anyone that has a 636 and is thinking about doing this mod, don't let this technical stuff scare you. I did it in about an hour.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:17 PM

celgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud of

This works aswell or something similiar.

http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-4300-C.../dp/B00062ZDD6
Old 04-13-2010, 11:36 AM

Guy636 is an unknown quantity at this point

EVERYONE LISTEN TO THE OLD MAN HE KNOWS WHATS UP! A.S.E. mechanic and what hes saying is correct. wheeliest how do you think a p.c.v system works on your car ever notice 99 percent of those valve go to the valve cover. double check how tight ur putting on your valvecover gaskets bud to much torque on a rubber gasket will create a leak even brand new
Old 04-26-2010, 03:47 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

holy **** i had to read this twice to figure it out. disregard PMs roger and thorpe.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:19 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

incase anybody is wondering, all you need to do this is 2ft of 1/2" heater hose, a 1/2" bolt, a 7/16" bolt, and a small screw.

pull hose A off at the T and put the small screw in it. you can leave the port open.

pull hose B off at the T and at the airbox, pull hose C off at the motor and at the airbox. Replace them with the 2ft of 1/2" heater hose and it should look like they do in the pic conncected by the red.

use the 1/2" bolt to plug the back hole in the airbox where you removed hose C.

use the 7/16" bolt to plug the front hole in the airbox where you removed hose B.

THATS IT. NOTHING MORE.

Last edited by IV; 04-27-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 PM
yutt uggghhh

mdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud of

gotta fix the **** up on mine that the last guy did
Old 05-06-2010, 12:33 AM

davidburch2 is a decent person

will this work on 05 cbr rr
Old 05-06-2010, 12:34 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by davidburch2
will this work on 05 cbr rr
basically the same thing , just bypass the air box and disable the stock valve and then block off the holes left in your airbox
Old 08-18-2010, 09:12 AM

kuba9449 is a decent person

How about 08 zx6?

Last edited by kuba9449; 08-18-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:50 AM

WiseGuy is a decent person

Originally Posted by IV
incase anybody is wondering, all you need to do this is 2ft of 1/2" heater hose, a 1/2" bolt, a 7/16" bolt, and a small screw.

pull hose A off at the T and put the small screw in it. you can leave the port open.

pull hose B off at the T and at the airbox, pull hose C off at the motor and at the airbox. Replace them with the 2ft of 1/2" heater hose and it should look like they do in the pic conncected by the red.

use the 1/2" bolt to plug the back hole in the airbox where you removed hose C.

use the 7/16" bolt to plug the front hole in the airbox where you removed hose B.

THATS IT. NOTHING MORE.

gonna do this mod this weekend! thanks for the pix!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:29 PM

markito is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THORPE
Yeah here's a link with pics for the 636 too.
Finally found it again:

http://public.fotki.com/garymilcheck...ods/kleen_mod/

does anybody know where can I find this kleen air mod, this link does not work anymore
Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
also known as OMR

look up ..lol
Old 02-04-2011, 11:35 PM

markito is an unknown quantity at this point

that link does not work anymore, that's why I asked if anyone knew of another link

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!