kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:15 PM

nos86 is a decent person
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

i did it on ny 04 636 and it's awesome. No more white smoke coming out of the exhaust. Also the throttle is not as twitchy... i recommend it
Old 07-28-2009, 07:59 AM

taa84 is a decent person

i have a clean air mod on mine but mine still smokes like crazy sometime i cant fig out what it is anyone have this prob to
Old 07-28-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm in love with a lot

PancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of light

Subscribe! Preeshiate it fellas
Old 07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by taa84
i have a clean air mod on mine but mine still smokes like crazy sometime i cant fig out what it is anyone have this prob to
the clean air mod reroutes the crank case vent tube to your exhaust port so if your exhaust smokes it means that oil would have been in your air box had you not done the mod ...

i fill my oil to just below the top of the site glass , if you over fill it too much you will get some smoke
Old 07-28-2009, 12:50 PM

taa84 is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
the clean air mod reroutes the crank case vent tube to your exhaust port so if your exhaust smokes it means that oil would have been in your air box had you not done the mod ...

i fill my oil to just below the top of the site glass , if you over fill it too much you will get some smoke

all the ports are blocked off on the air box and it is rerouted i fill it up right to the top line in the glass. it dont do it all the time just mainly when my friend gets on it he cant ride slow wheelies he just rides the gear out it. it only does it to me when i leave on it side for like a min or so.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:01 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by taa84
all the ports are blocked off on the air box and it is rerouted i fill it up right to the top line in the glass. it dont do it all the time just mainly when my friend gets on it he cant ride slow wheelies he just rides the gear out it. it only does it to me when i leave on it side for like a min or so.
ya so it's doing it's job , stop letting your friend pow pow your bike ....lol
Old 08-07-2009, 12:23 AM

Lance888 is a decent person

...my 04 636 does the same thing. i have the ports blocked off and still smokes white like crazy
Old 08-21-2009, 07:41 PM
lky

lky is an unknown quantity at this point

ok ok i have read this thread about 8 times lol i must still be a dumb ***

THERE ARE A FEW THINGS THAT ARE WIGGIN ME OUT.....
ok i know i have to join these 2 hoses

Name:  3-5.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  79.9 KB

But whats the deal with this T piece can use the standard one and still run the vacume line to the sensor or do i have to block hose (A) off? if so WHY? what does hose (A) do?

Name:  1-5.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  64.6 KB

Or do i have to take off all the vacume lines and cap them all at the throttle bodies.

Name:  2-5.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  76.4 KB
Old 08-22-2009, 02:41 AM
also known as OMR

just take off hose A and stick a screw in it , it operates the pair valve but when you unplug it then the valve just stays open and acts just like a t fitting...

and dont forget to plug the holes left in your airbox
Old 08-22-2009, 08:20 PM
lky

lky is an unknown quantity at this point

your the man OMR.... thanks heaps im on it tonight....

KLEEN AIR ALL THE WAY
Old 09-12-2009, 08:20 PM

Bklynlod is a decent person

Why is there different instructions on this forum?

http://www.kawiforums.com/2003-2004-...ction-mod.html

Which should I do?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:38 PM

navajowalks is a decent person

Originally Posted by Bklynlod
Why is there different instructions on this forum?

http://www.kawiforums.com/2003-2004-...ction-mod.html

Which should I do?
its the way people do it for the track.... read this thread from the beginning. and read what OMR post, that should explain everything you need to know...
Old 09-19-2009, 12:48 PM

Bklynlod is a decent person

Originally Posted by navajowalks
its the way people do it for the track.... read this thread from the beginning. and read what OMR post, that should explain everything you need to know...

Thanks bro.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:41 PM

da Liks is a decent person

so, for the 05 636 no T valve but a straight connection between the two big tubes, cap off the small vacuum line and the airbox? sounds easy..

Last edited by da Liks; 12-01-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:11 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by da Liks
so, for the 05 636 no T valve but a straight connection between the two big tubes, cap off the small vacuum line and the airbox? sounds easy..
yes , most bikes are the same except some have a vacuum line operating the pair valve and some are electric , the ones that are electric just unplug them and the ones that are vacuum operated just unplug and block off the vacuum line
Old 12-02-2009, 01:05 PM

thanks!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:46 AM

btw, can i use the stock tvalve? like disable it or something? it s gonna be a bitch finding a plastic T piece over here in that size..
Old 12-03-2009, 03:07 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by da Liks
btw, can i use the stock tvalve? like disable it or something? it s gonna be a bitch finding a plastic T piece over here in that size..
you didnt read any of this thread did you

yes yo can use the stock pair valve , when you unplug it it will stay open and act just like a t fitting
Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 PM

i read some of it haha, just didnt fully understand everything. Nice, so if my t fitting doesnt fit i'm still covered..
Old 01-30-2010, 12:29 PM

Criscone24 is a decent person

im going to do this, seems like a good idea. 03 636, i thought you needed to route it to the exhaust? Basically the concept is dont let ANY hoses/lines touch the airbox correct?

EDIT: Like on my car the PCV valve i remove the line leaving the air box and plug it on the box. Then the open port on the PCV i just run a tube off of that into either a catch can or just straight down to the ground. Same concept?

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!