kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:38 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

i cant remember if the clean air valve is vacuum operated or electrically operated on the 929 but if it's vacuum operated then just plug the vacuum line that goes to the clean air valve
Old 02-08-2008, 12:27 AM

zxcraig is a decent person

completed the mod today, omr made it seem verry easy and it was thanks alot!!:YEAH
Old 02-08-2008, 04:44 PM

pixel 6 is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys lie... Ez. Pfft, my ***.

Ok, so easy my Grandma could do it? I called her, but she was buzy... so had to do it myself.

Then you guys said it'd take 30 minutes... and it took like 40 because I had to run to Ace Hardware to pick up a "T" that was well illustrated and easy to find in the store. And after all that, I got had to buy a boxes of (4) count them... four vinyl caps. They fit perfect to cap the old line spots on the air box... but now I have like 2 extra ones. Great, more space I'm losing in my garage.

And you guys said it would cost only 5 bucks! I spent $8.56 (granted I did buy a pack of Necco Wafers). You guys suck. That's the last time I come here for great advice.

Thanks for nothing... I didn't even have to use any band-aids.

- Pixel -
Old 02-08-2008, 10:00 PM

zxcraig is a decent person

Originally Posted by pixel 6

You guys lie... Ez. Pfft, my ***.

Ok, so easy my Grandma could do it? I called her, but she was buzy... so had to do it myself.

Then you guys said it'd take 30 minutes... and it took like 40 because I had to run to Ace Hardware to pick up a "T" that was well illustrated and easy to find in the store. And after all that, I got had to buy a boxes of (4) count them... four vinyl caps. They fit perfect to cap the old line spots on the air box... but now I have like 2 extra ones. Great, more space I'm losing in my garage.

And you guys said it would cost only 5 bucks! I spent $8.56 (granted I did buy a pack of Necco Wafers). You guys suck. That's the last time I come here for great advice.

Thanks for nothing... I didn't even have to use any band-aids.

- Pixel -

hahaha
Old 03-02-2008, 03:52 AM

Timmy P is a decent person

Ok I only read to page 7. my bike smoked once after laying down. From what I get in this thread so far is that the only oil going into the airbox is from the valve cover vent hose. I know on 50 race kits you get a valve cover breather which is a long hose with a airfilter at the end. Cant you just run a hose to a small airfilter and not worry about that balloon effect goin on? Is that crazy or talked about later on in the thread? what do you guys think about this.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:19 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Bent Rim Tim
Ok I only read to page 7. my bike smoked once after laying down. From what I get in this thread so far is that the only oil going into the airbox is from the valve cover vent hose. I know on 50 race kits you get a valve cover breather which is a long hose with a airfilter at the end. Cant you just run a hose to a small airfilter and not worry about that balloon effect goin on? Is that crazy or talked about later on in the thread? what do you guys think about this.
i have said this about 900000 times but no one seems to read it so i'll say it again lol.....

this mod creates a vaccum in the crank case not pressure, there are read valves in your valve cover that are ported to your exhaust the reed valves only flow in one direction and that direction is out to your exhaust ..

any oil that comes out of the crank case vent tube will be routed directly to your exhaust and although it will cause the bike to smoke it wont foul your plugs or fill up your combustion chamber with oil......

and pixel your a funny dude but you didn't read every thing either because you could have just used the factory t ..

some factory t's are vaccum operated and some are electric ,unplug the vaccum line or the wires from the t and it acts just like the one you bought..

Last edited by old man roger; 03-02-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:19 PM

2kgixx is an unknown quantity at this point

f4i kleen air mod question
i did this mod a few weeks ago, the bike ran fine. i couldnt test it on the roads because of the snow but it seemed fine. today i tried starting it and it was running like **** and then died on me. now i cant even fire it up, just cranks over and smells like fuel. I checked for the spark and its good, fuel pump primes as well. I was wondering when u unplug the stock sensor/T thing u just leave it unplugged? how does that sensor effect the bike, shuts off fuel pump? My problem may not be related to kleen air but thats the only mechanical thing ive done this winter to the bike and it ran good before. any input would be great
Old 03-28-2008, 01:39 AM
also known as OMR

change your gas....

and some people leave the t plugged in to fool the computer and some people throw it in the trash
Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by DoubleSustanon
i think u supposed to capped those off

this IS how its suppose to be done, correct? Just making sure on what supposed to be capped
Old 07-04-2008, 03:41 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by old man roger
ok there are some 636 owners who have read this whole thread but didn't get it so imma try and explain this a different way

see the big hose in the picture above ,the one that has a black hose clamp on it and it isn't connected to any thing on one end ?

that hose needs to be connected to the big hose with the gold hose clamp on it in the picture below ,it also isn't connected to any thing on one end ..

ok now there is a little vacuum line in the first picture that goes to the back of the clean air valve thats the black plastic thing that the first big hose i talked about is connected to you need to take that little vacuum line off the clean air valve and put a long screw in that vacuum line and thats all you have to do to the hoses and lines..

the only other thing you have to do is plug the holes left in your air box that the two big hoses you connected use to go to....

you can replace both of those big hoses with one long hose or you can connect them in a number of ways but the objective is to by pass the air box....

i like to leave all the little factory vacuum lines hooked up and just plug the one little vacuum line off the pair valve with a long screw or bolt because those littl vacuum caps in the picture you posted like to pop off or they just get hard and crack and that makes it a bitch to find the vacuum leak...

and do not cap off the sensor that is open from the factory it is supposed to be open

Last edited by old man roger; 07-04-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:11 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

cap off the one lil line off the pair valve...got it! thanks OMR:YEAH
Old 07-04-2008, 07:43 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

ok so I noticed that there is a line off the throttles by the cct that runs down and out the bottom of the bike, do this stay open or do I cap this also?
Old 07-04-2008, 10:20 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by StuntPunkJames
ok so I noticed that there is a line off the throttles by the cct that runs down and out the bottom of the bike, do this stay open or do I cap this also?
if it comes from the air box it is just a drain incase water gets in the air box through the ram air so leave it as a drain
Old 07-04-2008, 10:21 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

People are making this way more complicated than it needs to be
Old 07-04-2008, 10:22 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by nags
People are making this way more complicated than it needs to be
yes....lol
Old 07-05-2008, 09:50 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

its by far complicated but there is a hose off the throttles that runs to the bottom of the bike didnt know if this was left open or close it off like the hose to the pair valve , thats the only thing I have a question on, everything else was cake
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00481.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	211389  

Last edited by JMZ; 07-05-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:23 PM
also known as OMR

its by far complicated but there is a hose off the throttles that runs to the bottom of the bike didnt know if this was left open or close it off like the hose to the pair valve , thats the only thing I have a question on, everything else was cake
best way to tell if you need to block off a line or not is to put your finger over it when the bike is running , if there is vacuum then the line needs to be plugged into some thing or blocked off...

i say it like that because i don't know where that line your showing came from or goes to but if you didn't disconnect any thing you weren't supposed to then if there is suction at that line when the bike is running then plug it but if you plug it and it was supposed to be hooked up to some thing then what ever you disconnected it from wont work...

are you sure thats not the line you took off the pair valve ?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:25 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

are you sure thats not the line you took off the pair valve ?
Yup that line is the one thats in a circle more toward the right of the pic.......this line runs off that throttle you see and down to the bottom of the bike like an overflow would it is a seprate line from the rest (how they all run into the pair valve line, this one did not)......I guess reguardless there are 2 lines off each throttle and the should all be capped off? I didnt see anyone in this thread say anything about it, maybe Im the only 636 owner with this line
Old 07-05-2008, 07:27 PM
also known as OMR

Yup that line is the one thats in a circle more toward the right of the pic.......this line runs off that throttle you see and down to the bottom of the bike like an overflow would it is a seprate line from the rest (how they all run into the pair valve line, this one did not)......I guess reguardless there are 2 lines off each throttle and the should all be capped off? I didnt see anyone in this thread say anything about it, maybe Im the only 636 owner with this line
read what i posted again if it has a vacuum / suction when the bike is running then cap it off but the only line you should have to plug is the one vacuum line you took off your pair valve
Old 07-05-2008, 07:34 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

read what i posted again if it has a vacuum / suction when the bike is running then cap it off but the only line you should have to plug is the one vacuum line you took off your pair valve
as soon as I bring the plastics and tank back from paint Ill give that a try and see about vacuum/suction....I was just wondering if anyone had any idea so I can take care of it now, no biggie...thanks OMR

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!