kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:22 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

ok there are some 636 owners who have read this whole thread but didn't get it so imma try and explain this a different way

Name:  kleen1.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  93.9 KB

see the big hose in the picture above ,the one that has a black hose clamp on it and it isn't connected to any thing on one end ?

that hose needs to be connected to the big hose with the gold hose clamp on it in the picture below ,it also isn't connected to any thing on one end ..

Name:  kleen3.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  100.2 KB

ok now there is a little vacuum line in the first picture that goes to the back of the clean air valve thats the black plastic thing that the first big hose i talked about is connected to you need to take that little vacuum line off the clean air valve and put a long screw in that vacuum line and thats all you have to do to the hoses and lines..

the only other thing you have to do is plug the holes left in your air box that the two big hoses you connected use to go to....

you can replace both of those big hoses with one long hose or you can connect them in a number of ways but the objective is to by pass the air box....

Last edited by old man roger; 01-06-2008 at 03:27 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:29 AM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

haha you probly put that up because of me, but i was just reading too much into it and confusing myself cuz so many peopel added things into it and didn't need to. its actually very easy for any bike really once you understand what your doing to it. got mine and my buddies done but wont get a chance to ride it till spring cuz of the damn snow up here
Old 01-06-2008, 06:48 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you and the other three people that keep pm'ing me......lol
Old 01-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry man, i figured itd be easier to get the answer i was lookin for but i was just blind and not p[ayin attention to what the mod was i guess. my bad. piece of cake really
Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

lol IM GUILTY, but didnt have the bike the first few times..but yea thanx ROGER!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:50 PM

steve02r6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THORPE
Yeah here's a link with pics for the 636 too.
Finally found it again:

http://public.fotki.com/garymilcheck...ods/kleen_mod/
I just did my kleen air mod by following this link but for step 5 it says to take out the fuel return pump, and eveaporation cansiter. I couldnt find these so I never took them out, dont even know if they are there lol. Everything else I have done. Now I was just looking at what OMR posted and his way seems a lot less confusing and a lot easier to do. But now I have it done with more vacum lines taken off and caped. Im just wondering if im good to go before I actually take the bike out in the summer, where I never seen this done before.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:06 PM

Im stupid, those parts arent on my bike cause its Canadian and the other one was from Calafornia Got the mod done now I have to wait for another 2 or 3 months tell the snow goes before I can test it out.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:20 PM
also known as OMR

steve i just do it that way incase there is a back fire or some thing ...

the stock hoses are less likely to blow off then the little caps are ..

even if the stock hoses blew off they wouldn't go any where so i could just hook them back up ,if the little caps blow off they always dissapear
Old 02-03-2008, 09:25 PM

Thanks for the help, I have clamps around the caps so hopefully they dont come off. When I get the bike out for a day im going to hall the tank and stuff back off to check if everything is still in place and working ok.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 PM

dave-c is a decent person

hi people i have a f4i and when out yesterday it hydro locked so when i try to start it just makes a click noise how do i free the motor up i have took plugs out cleaned air box and tryed to bump it in second but still not worked does anyone have ideas please
Old 02-06-2008, 12:50 PM

zxcraig is a decent person

doing this tonight!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

Originally Posted by zxcraig
doing this tonight!!!
defiantly a good idea... i didnt the first week i had mine... changed plugs like 3 times before it started running good again... but i also was doing stalls etc.... but if you been stunting it with this not done, make sure you clean your air box good, if you see oil in it
Old 02-06-2008, 01:14 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

Originally Posted by k3 dave
hi people i have a f4i and when out yesterday it hydro locked so when i try to start it just makes a click noise how do i free the motor up i have took plugs out cleaned air box and tryed to bump it in second but still not worked does anyone have ideas please
new motor
Old 02-06-2008, 02:00 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by k3 dave
if it still wont turn over with the plugs out and every thing else is ok like the battery and starter then you may have bent a rod and locked that bitch up ...... when you get your new motor do the this mod........
Old 02-06-2008, 04:44 PM

dave-c is a decent person

my engine got hydro locked 2 days ago and bent conrod when i tryed starting it shot a hole through the engine wish i see this thread ages ago when i get new engine this mod will be first thing i do
Old 02-06-2008, 05:08 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

For people interested... here's a couple pics of the mod on the f4i:

Name:  w18.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  69.1 KB
Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM

pixel 6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the "Graves smog block off" mod on my R1. Is this basically the same concept?

I've seen it done where you take the reeds and flip em back words, and just cap off the hose lines. Then cap the old lines for the air box.

Are these 2 different mods? Or just different ways to do the same thing?

I want to do this for my 929, so any help is appreciated.

- Pixel -
Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 PM
also known as OMR

that is a different mod this one is better because it creates a vacuum in the crank case and the other way creates pressure and thats really not a good idea
Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 PM

pixel 6 is an unknown quantity at this point

So on my 929... I "T" the hoses like in the pics, and leave the parts with the reeds in em alone. I plug the 2 holes in the air box where I removed the lines.

Are their any vacuum lines near the throttle bodies I'll need to cap?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:30 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pixel 6
So on my 929... I "T" the hoses like in the pics, and leave the parts with the reeds in em alone. I plug the 2 holes in the air box where I removed the lines.

Are their any vacuum lines near the throttle bodies I'll need to cap?
yes, yes, yes, and no.

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!