kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

if your talking about the rear brace bending then just put a peice of ply wood of some thing under the tank ...

across the subframe and cut out room for the pump and wires...
Old 08-19-2007, 08:02 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

here it is

cheap fix.bent 636 tank bracket
ok the bent bracket well you know bend it back but then make your self one of these....

ever bend your rear tank mount on your 636....

comming down hard in a spreader or high chair will do it ,or jumping on your tank for one of a hundred reasons..

never again

i made this out of that stuff they make cutting boards out of ,poly metha etha some thing or other i don't know but im sure 3/4 inch ply wood or some thing flat and strong would work...

it holds the tank up around the whole bottom of the tank so it never bends the rear bracket

i have had alot of people pm me about this thing i made and can never seem to get any one to understand what the hell im talking about

so here's a pick you could make this out of any thing flat and strong and thick enough to support the rear part of the tank

the cut out is for the pump and wires i just zip tied it to the subframe

the four holes were already in the peice when i got it they serve no purpose and the black part is just so you don't see it under the tank [sharpie lol]

-omr-
Attached Thumbnails
Old 08-19-2007, 08:10 PM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

cool thanks omr. thats what i was looking for. i just picked a wrecked 636 the other day. im just trying to get everthing done before i get the title.
do you have any other comin prob that you know of
Old 08-19-2007, 08:35 PM
also known as OMR

build supports for the radiator............

get the bottom of the radiator supported as best you can so it doesn't rip the top of the radiator off
Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 PM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
build supports for the radiator............

get the bottom of the radiator supported as best you can so it doesn't rip the top of the radiator off
yea im going to get the mounts welded tomarrow....there already sagging
Old 08-20-2007, 10:39 AM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person

here it is

cheap fix.bent 636 tank bracket
ok the bent bracket well you know bend it back but then make your self one of these....

ever bend your rear tank mount on your 636....

comming down hard in a spreader or high chair will do it ,or jumping on your tank for one of a hundred reasons..
i just took off my tank to paint it and noticed that the rear tank mount was shifted to one side. is this what you are talking about? i asked my wife if she accidentally kicked it walking by. she said no. haha
Old 08-20-2007, 02:52 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by KrazyWhite Rich
i just took off my tank to paint it and noticed that the rear tank mount was shifted to one side. is this what you are talking about? i asked my wife if she accidentally kicked it walking by. she said no. haha
yep they bend over like that from doing spreadera and froggies and high chairs
Old 08-20-2007, 10:19 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person

yep they bend over like that from doing spreadera and froggies and high chairs
thanks ming!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:07 PM

D.C.H is an unknown quantity at this point

I did a ghetto version of the mod. I ran the crankcase vent line to the back of the bike into a Plastic bottle that just so happens to fit perfect on the left peg. Increased throttle response and it works like a charm. Sad part it at the end of the day I had to but maybe 1/2 cup of oil back into the bike.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dscamry
ok this is for the f4i guys. i did the mod but there was some confusion so with the help of farley i got it right. and i took pics!!:YEAH

this is a good mod i got lucky cause i didn't break anything when i hydro locked so i suggest you do this cause it might save your motor!!
So after you do this.... where does the oil go if you tip the bike over far enough to get oil commin out the pcv hose?

In other words... where do those 2 other hoses go on either end of the plastic T fitting?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:53 PM
also known as OMR

they are ported directly into the exhaust so th bike will smoke but it wont get in your motor and foul your plugs and it wont hydrolock your engine
Old 09-30-2007, 12:15 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
also i know, is johnnyp and i have seen issues from this... mainly it pushed out valve cover seal, but did not damage it.
Thats not true! I posted that I was blowing out gaskets because I did the
1st mod I read about on here where you weld a spigot onto the vale cover and run the breather there....THAT DID NOT WORK! It just made a mess as it was pressureizing my crankcase...Bad bad bad and more bad.

OMR has been right about this from the get go! Those ports on the top of the valve cover get routed through the head and out the exhaust ports.... AND IT WORKS!!!!!!!

So everyone just do it and STFU, I wished I did it 2 years ago because my bike runs so much better now....
Old 09-30-2007, 12:26 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Oh and if you want proof that they route to the exhaust port without having to dissasemble anything, overfill your bike with oil and put it on the bar running, then let it stall and keep it there.....Watch as unburnt oil flows out of your exhaust or where your slipon attaches to the headers...

If you keep the bike running then oil will still bun into smoke because of the heat from the exhaust gas, but if you stall it then plain old unburnt oil comes out of the exhaust ports....My friend with an F4i(beginner) still stalls alot with this mod and his exhaust piping is always filled with oil....When he parks his bike after a session with a few stalls oil drips out from where his slipon attaches to his headders

Moral of the story is......Listen to OMR hes old and knows things!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:13 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

After reading this thread, I did this mod on my 05 GSXR 750 Cali model...night and day difference on how the bike runs!
Old 12-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person

I will be doing this mod to my f4i tomorrow!
Old 12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

i did this a while back and never noticed a thing
Old 12-19-2007, 05:24 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to play with your stock idle cable. sometimes if its to high or low you can't feel anything.

on the f4i it will smoke like a freakin train, i droped my bike last weekend and it would of hydrolocked if i hadn't done this but i did and it went out the exhaust .........thought i had a diesel

Last edited by DSC; 12-19-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Up0n0ne is an unknown quantity at this point

Doing the Kleen Air Mod,

Do I remove these lines and cap them?

Also do I remove this small line and cap it?

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 12-29-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:13 PM
also known as OMR

i don't know if the 06 is the same as my 03 but all i did was take the vaccum line off the clean air valve and plug it ,that keeps it from closing so you can use it instead of buying a new t fitting .....
Old 12-29-2007, 07:19 PM

Up0n0ne is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah! I actually gutted the stock T fitting and drilled it out a little more to reuse it.

But I'm wondering about all the lines going to the throttle bodies? and then the small line going to the plug.

I just PM'd ya I didn't think you saw this that quick. lol

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!