kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:16 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

just stick dooky in them
Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 PM

03zx6rrNICK is a decent person

i did this mod because my bike was missing out on the first cylinder and i thought it may be bacause i got oil in the airbox. i cleaned the box out. bought new plugs. cranked it with out plugs and then put them back in and it is still running like ****. its blowing blue smoke out and exhaust smels somewhat like it has gas and oil in it?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:43 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you will smell gas if you have a cylinder down because if there is no spark to burn the gas in that cylinder then it just shoots it out the exhaust
Old 06-07-2007, 11:55 PM

damn...hmm well what do you think it could be? it only started when i did a stoppie the other day. i know there is no oil at all in my airbox. and the sparkplug is firing. so im clue less.. thanks so much for all the help so far
Old 06-08-2007, 12:17 AM

freiertpc is an unknown quantity at this point

so is this mod gonna work on my 07 zx-6r??
Old 06-08-2007, 02:31 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

haven't seen one with the tank off yet but it is probably the same set up

and nick how do you know the plug is firing ?
Old 06-08-2007, 06:08 AM

i took the plug boot at and put the plug in it and then put it on the inside of the spark plug hole at a angle and i could see a spark jump across
Old 06-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i bet u hooked up the wrong ones to the coils... make sure you hooked the right harness plugs to each coil... (wires to the "boots") lol
Old 06-08-2007, 11:14 AM

no i hooked them all up right i aint that stupid.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:39 AM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

well the mod works for my bike! i was tryin merk steps last night, and the bike was up for a while once and when i came down the smoke started pourin out the exhaust, thats the first time it ever happened and i do coasters and scrapes alot, never happens then
Old 07-03-2007, 05:54 AM
also known as OMR

the only side effect i have found with this mod is you have to take off your filler cap when draining your oil or it take forever ....

the read style valves in the clean air ports only open when the bike is running so it's like tipping a gallon jug of water over it chugs until you open the filler cap ....

i guess if you take off your filter and drain plug at the same time this wouldn't happen but my drain pan is only big enough to do one at a time
Old 07-04-2007, 05:42 AM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

perfect, i was planning on doin an oil change the weekend thanks for the info roger!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yeah i noticed a air pressure relief sound when opening my oil cap now, those little reed valves are only good to like maybe 1-3psi if that. i went to fully synthetic motor oil now. **** will flow way better out the exhaust valves then SAE ****.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:49 PM
also known as OMR

it probably was a vaccum sound not a pressure sound...
Old 07-04-2007, 10:03 PM

tacomafia is a decent person

thanks for the info THORPE, had tht little bottle fill up couple times and was looking for something to fix the prob. Mod was real easy to do, ill let you know if i have any issues.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:09 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

ok this is for the f4i guys. i did the mod but there was some confusion so with the help of farley i got it right. and i took pics!!:YEAH

ok so remove air box you will see this
Name:  DSCN1614.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  127.7 KB

this is the pair valve as it sits on the bike
Name:  DSCN1615.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  100.9 KB

this is the valve taken out.
Name:  DSCN1618.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  58.9 KB

you can take it apart and remove the insides or just rplace it with a plastic T fitting like so..
Name:  DSCN1619.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  94.5 KB

after replaceing this valve you will not need to use this hose.
Name:  DSCN1617.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  116.1 KB

now you can take the pcv hose that comes outta the left side(clutch side) of the valve cover and hook it to theopen end of the T
Name:  DSCN1616.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  99.1 KB
open end of the T
Name:  DSCN1619.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  94.5 KB

your done with that now you need to plug the two holes in the air box you can do it how ever you want i used a bolt, hose, and silicone. here are the pics.
Name:  DSCN1620.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  107.2 KB
Name:  DSCN1621.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  73.4 KB
Name:  DSCN1622.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  77.7 KB
this is a good mod i got lucky cause i didn't break anything when i hydro locked so i suggest you do this cause it might save your motor!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN1619.jpg (94.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-12-2007, 03:26 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person

Originally Posted by dscamry
ok this is for the f4i guys. i did the mod but there was some confusion so with the help of farley i got it right. and i took pics!!:YEAH
why did you do this?

the only time that i ever got oil in my f4i air box was when i left the bike on it's side for like 20 minutes with the bike off but the key on. not sure if leaving the key on had anything to do with it but that was the only time that i ever had that problem. and lucky for me that the bike didn't start when i pushed the start button because it was hydro-locked fo sho.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:45 PM

Z.w.A is an unknown quantity at this point

I Did the same for my F4i. But i didnt do anything to the pair. Its open anyway when engines running. Pulls better now on low revs.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:57 PM
DSC

Originally Posted by KrazyWhite Rich
why did you do this?

the only time that i ever got oil in my f4i air box was when i left the bike on it's side for like 20 minutes with the bike off but the key on. not sure if leaving the key on had anything to do with it but that was the only time that i ever had that problem. and lucky for me that the bike didn't start when i pushed the start button because it was hydro-locked fo sho.
cause it can bust your rod or piston pin. mine did hydro lock once and don't want it to do it again
Old 07-13-2007, 04:58 PM
DSC

Originally Posted by Z.w.A
I Did the same for my F4i. But i didnt do anything to the pair. Its open anyway when engines running. Pulls better now on low revs.
yeah i couldn't figure out when it was open or closed so i just removed it takes guess work out

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!