Ghetto tank mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 09:13 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Ghetto tank mod

I took a 6 inch section of 1" OD pipe and JB welded it to my tank, right behind the lip. I did over 10 layers of jb, pretty much used up the whole tubes. It works great :YEAH I was gonna bondo it smooth, but I might not even bother. There are no sharp edges to catch anything on, and I uses a small piece of surf board stomp pad, more for padding than for grip.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TankPipe1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	182032   Click image for larger version

Name:	TankPipe2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	182033   Click image for larger version

Name:	TankPipe3.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	182034  
Old 10-16-2006, 09:18 PM

John LegionST is a decent person
Re: Ghetto tank mod

prolly feels really good and works great... just dont completely rely on it to hold you on the tank cause if that JB lets good it could be bad news!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

WoW

You St8 Up BEaT THa CHIT OuTta THaT TaNK...

GoOd IdEa THO...
Old 10-16-2006, 09:33 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

hmmm .... so good reviews huh mike ....
Old 10-16-2006, 09:37 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by John LegionST
prolly feels really good and works great... just dont completely rely on it to hold you on the tank cause if that JB lets good it could be bad news!!!
the jb is on alot of surface area on the pipe and the tank, and theres alot of it in between, about an inch worth of contact patch.

This is my prototype 1. The next one will have a smaller dent and the pipe will be welded on.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:38 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

horribly ugly.. no pics on this comp.. but the best way is to soak a towel in fiberglass resin, lay it in place, then lay sheets of fiberglass over it.. form it... let it dry, bondo.. and wa lah.. looks factory.. damn wish i had the pic to show
Old 10-16-2006, 09:41 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

thats an ugly ****in tank.... hope it works out for ya tho...:YEAH
Old 10-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

mike wtf is that???? i though my tank was ugly..lol...hey if it works
Old 10-16-2006, 11:10 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

be aware if your mid spreader and all your weight is on that it may crack and well you'll soon fallow
Old 10-17-2006, 12:02 AM
bp chaser

Used it alot tonight, makes tank coasters ALOT easier. I can move around on the tank now without putting alot of weight on my arms, and I dont slide off.

I know its ugly but I dont have another tank to use if I send this one to my painter. If anybody wants to lend me one for a couple weeks pm me.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:19 AM

Bobby@BullyDog is an unknown quantity at this point

that is the ghettoist thing ive ever seen lol...might as well screw a piece of 2x4 on there lol
but..if you dig it..more power to ya
Old 10-17-2006, 08:35 AM

stuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MikeM
I took a 6 inch section of 1" OD pipe and JB welded it to my tank, right behind the lip. I did over 10 layers of jb, pretty much used up the whole tubes. It works great :YEAH I was gonna bondo it smooth, but I might not even bother. There are no sharp edges to catch anything on, and I uses a small piece of surf board stomp pad, more for padding than for grip.
how did you dent that tank? Did you let a monster truck drive over it
Old 10-17-2006, 08:39 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeM
and the pipe will be welded on.
now that is something i would use... might try that on a spare tank?!?!?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

I get it and all...but Mike...that's just spiteful.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:09 AM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by stuntrider227
how did you dent that tank? Did you let a monster truck drive over it
it came with the bike, i didnt do anything but sand it
Old 10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

fvck i can't find after pics.. but here are before pics.. i'll take afters tonight...

amazing what i can do w a river rock...
Name:  03-02-06109.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  75.6 KB
Name:  03-02-06118.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  63.9 KB
Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 AM
B.T.M.

ah ****. these were the first tank dent pics.. then it got hammered reallllly far down.. like super otown dent... then we fabricated..
Old 10-17-2006, 12:04 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
ah ****. these were the first tank dent pics.. then it got hammered reallllly far down.. like super otown dent... then we fabricated..
That dent isnt far enough back unless you got short legs
Old 10-17-2006, 12:09 PM
B.T.M.

yeah, it got moved a lot farther back... hence having to add fiberglass
Old 10-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

watch the nutters jumping to spreader

Quick Reply: Ghetto tank mod