1 finger clutch/1 finger brake method for ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 04:15 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 1 finger clutch/1 finger brake method for ss

Originally Posted by N.Andrews
yeah I switched around w/ Hb on top , I can work with it for now but probly will change it.
Get a master that isn't junk and then you can put clutch on top, hb on bottom.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:23 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
Umm, Put The Clutch On Top..
good reading billy
Old 09-18-2006, 04:53 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

Umm, Put The Clutch On Top..
Yeah ,I want the clutch on top but cant until I get a HB with a remote res. other wise if I put it on top now I wont be able to reach w/ 1 or 2 fingers. but for right now I just clutch it with middle and catch w/ index on brake ,it works.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:05 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by N.Andrews
Yeah ,I want the clutch on top but cant until I get a HB with a remote res. other wise if I put it on top now I wont be able to reach w/ 1 or 2 fingers. but for right now I just clutch it with middle and catch w/ index on brake ,it works.
yeah but that's developing abad habit, especially if u ever plan to learn off peg coasters, and also u're not getting much leverage.. make it work brotha!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:12 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

yeah but that's developing abad habit, especially if u ever plan to learn off peg coasters, and also u're not getting much leverage.. make it work brotha!
I know thats what I dont want to happen , the bad habit, Ill get my *hit strait soon.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:40 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

here's my setup for those having trouble...works fine. just need to cut the clutch lever down's a little
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hb-3.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	180270   Click image for larger version

Name:	hb-4.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	180271  
Old 09-18-2006, 08:42 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

^ that ****'s perfect, dont' cut the clutch, you want to be as far down the hb lever as possible.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:48 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

^ that ****'s perfect, dont' cut the clutch, you want to be as far down the hb lever as possible.
He needs to cut it a bit so he can clutch/hb. It's too far out to cover the very edge of it at stock length.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:01 PM
B.T.M.

bullshit, that's perfect position, if he cuts it any shorter he'll be grabbin too far in on the hb
Old 09-18-2006, 09:23 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

bullshit, that's perfect position, if he cuts it any shorter he'll be grabbin too far in on the hb
you are correct...the further down I grab the brake lever the better I noticed
Old 09-21-2006, 12:27 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by atnuts
you are correct...the further down I grab the brake lever the better I noticed
wouldn't that be reason to mount the HB on the inside of the clutch?
Old 09-21-2006, 02:22 AM
AQPWT

aaronwilliams is a decent person

Negative the further in the HB is mounted the more leverage you get just like why you move your front brake MC as far in as you can get it to give less effort.

Name:	Picture 197.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	180421  
Old 09-21-2006, 12:53 PM
B.T.M.

can't really see the setup with your hand there champ, but looks good... same setup i have
Old 09-21-2006, 12:58 PM
AQPWT

aaronwilliams is a decent person

still not the best but its all i got.

Name:	Picture 192.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	180428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 196.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	180429  
Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 PM

I have normal sized hands and I tried clutch/handbraking with the moose shorty without cutting it and I couldn't cover the clutch once I clutched it up (the lever is just too far out). So I had to cut a bit off the lever and move the clutch/hb towards the grip just a bit.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:21 PM
B.T.M.

^ awesome anthony.. thank you for sharing.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:36 PM

^ awesome anthony.. thank you for sharing.
You're the one calling bullshit. I'm just explaining why he *probably* needed to cut it some.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:40 PM
B.T.M.

and i said thank you.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:41 PM

and i said thank you.
You're so kind
Old 09-21-2006, 09:59 PM

nohands can only hope to improve

see you guys worked out your problems with no name calling.....good job....now make up hug

Quick Reply: 1 finger clutch/1 finger brake method for ss