What method do you use to clutch it up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:03 PM

ON1WHEEL is an unknown quantity at this point
What method do you use to clutch it up?

Ive always been more comfortable rolling on the throttle then just slipping the clutch real quick. But im reading on here more and more that most people pull in the clutch, rev it up then dump the clutch. That method just seems "random" to me. I always just listened to my bike to tell when to slip the clutch in. Do most of you do the "dump" method?

P.S For. twelves I noticed that from a standstill you obviously have to dump it, but Im talking "regular" wheelies.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:05 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do you clutch it up?

Originally Posted by ON1WHEEL
Ive always been more comfortable rolling on the throttle then just slipping the clutch real quick. But im reading on here more and more that most people pull in the clutch, rev it up then dump the clutch. That method just seems "random" to me. I always just listened to my bike to tell when to slip the clutch in. Do most of you do the "dump" method?

P.S For. twelves I noticed that from a standstill you obviously have to dump it, but Im talking "regular" wheelies.
jesus... you dont dump it, you slip it.. and you go practice, there thats how you wheelie
Old 07-25-2006, 04:07 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What method do you use to clutch it up?

But im reading on here more and more that most people pull in the clutch, rev it up then dump the clutch. That method just seems "random" to me.
refer to above... its not "random" after you practice it a 'lil bit
Old 07-25-2006, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ninja636
jesus... you dont dump it, you slip it.. and you go practice, there thats how you wheelie
Dump, slip. Go in the "Complete guide for learning basic wheelies the right way" thread and they use the term dump. Settle down with the "head bang" smiley chief....

And if you read my post, I said I can, well could, wheelie, but I liked using the method I talked about, step your reading comprehension game up...
Old 07-25-2006, 04:22 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

Dump, slip. Go in the "Complete guide for learning basic wheelies the right way" thread and they use the term dump. Settle down with the "head bang" smiley chief....

And if you read my post, I said I can, well could, wheelie, but I liked using the method I talked about, step your reading comprehension game up...
if you "could wheelie" then why the **** are you on the internet asking how??? if you actualy could then you would know that nothing is going to replace the seat time it takes to learn this ****. so go use your "dump" method, loop your ****ing bike, and get up and do it all over again because thats how we all learned
Old 07-25-2006, 04:34 PM

if you "could wheelie" then why the **** are you on the internet asking how??? if you actualy could then you would know that nothing is going to replace the seat time it takes to learn this ****. so go use your "dump" method, loop your ****ing bike, and get up and do it all over again because thats how we all learned
Are you a moron? Go read the thread I just told you about. Here, Ill give you link since it doesnt seem as you are capable of finding it. https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice/72156-complete-guide-learning-basic.html

Now go tell the guy that got praised for "excellent advice" for 12 pages hes dumb for saying "dump" the clutch. Ive seen numerous posters use that terminology as well.

If you really need to know, I totalled my bike 2 years ago in a wheelie. As Ive stated already, I preferred the roll on method and just flick in the clutch, not dump it. So now Im trying to get back into it and was wondering what the majority of stunters here used, so settle down Tonto.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:37 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

Are you a moron? Go read the thread I just told you about. Here, Ill give you link since it doesnt seem as you are capable of finding it. https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72156

Now go tell the guy that got praised for "excellent advice" for 12 pages hes dumb for saying "dump" the clutch. Ive seen numerous posters use that terminology as well.

If you really need to know, I totalled my bike 2 years ago in a wheelie. As Ive stated already, I preferred the roll on method and just flick in the clutch, not dump it. So now Im trying to get back into it and was wondering what the majority of stunters here used, so settle down Tonto.
like i said... quit being ***** and go wreck your bike just like we do...
Old 07-25-2006, 04:43 PM

like i said... quit being ***** and go wreck your bike just like we do...
Just leave the thread, just trying to get a feel for what method people use, you arent helping champ...
Old 07-25-2006, 04:45 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

Old 07-25-2006, 04:45 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i've come to th econclusion u're both idiots...

i do both, it just depends... lot **** obviously clutch in, rev rev DUMP.. i don't slip ****..i know how much to rev it, just happens over time,, sometimes on the street i'll be on gas and snap it quick, or sometimes pull it in, rev n drop... whatever fits u ya know
Old 07-25-2006, 04:46 PM

Wow, probably top 3 dumbest poster Ive ever seen on any forum.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:46 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

loop your ****ing bike, and get up and do it all over again because thats how we all learned
umm.. no i didn't... i never looped... now who's the squid
Old 07-25-2006, 04:49 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
umm.. no i didn't... i never looped... now who's the squid
but you have wrecked yo ****.... dont try and say you havent
Old 07-25-2006, 04:49 PM
B.T.M.

Wow, probably top 3 dumbest poster Ive ever seen on any forum.
i'm hoping that wasn't aimed at me
Old 07-25-2006, 04:50 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

i'm hoping that wasn't aimed at me
prolly at himself...
Old 07-25-2006, 04:51 PM
B.T.M.

but you have wrecked yo ****.... dont try and say you havent
never looped, i have brake n throttle control... i've dropped my bike these times... (and this is total learning experience, i am including EVERY drop i've ever had)
from staggered to foot on seat stall, flopped (stock gearing)
stand up no hander, flop stall (stock gearing)
going into a coaster, just about to pull in the clutch, wire pulled outta my harness shut the bike off, mouse trapped...

that's IT 3 times
Old 07-25-2006, 04:53 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

never looped, i have brake n throttle control... i've dropped my bike these times... (and this is total learning experience, i am including EVERY drop i've ever had)
from staggered to foot on seat stall, flopped (stock gearing)
stand up no hander, flop stall (stock gearing)
going into a coaster, just about to pull in the clutch, wire pulled outta my harness shut the bike off, mouse trapped...

that's IT 3 times
well arent you special... ive never looped the 636 but ive done it more times that i could count on the ttr.. by saying that i didnt mean go loop it, im sorry.. i ment GO WRECK YO **** LEARNING JUST LIKE WE DO... better?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:55 PM
B.T.M.

well arent you special... ive never looped the 636 but ive done it more times that i could count on the ttr.. by saying that i didnt mean go loop it, im sorry.. i ment GO WRECK YO **** LEARNING JUST LIKE WE DO... better?
you mean like u had typed the first time? i'm not special.. i **** at riding... u're just givin the guy **** for no reason.. u should know by now that's my job.. oh hey, guess what.. i DROP the clutch
Old 07-25-2006, 04:55 PM

i've come to th econclusion u're both idiots...

i do both, it just depends... lot **** obviously clutch in, rev rev DUMP.. i don't slip ****..i know how much to rev it, just happens over time,, sometimes on the street i'll be on gas and snap it quick, or sometimes pull it in, rev n drop... whatever fits u ya know
Right, like I said, when I was trying to learn 12's, it was pretty much pull in clutch, rev, "dump". When Im already going say 30-40mph, I always just accelerated a little and flicked in the clutch and it hopped right up. But people on here say they let off the gas completly, pull in the clutch, rev to whatever RPM and then just dump it, which Ive never been comfortable with at higher speeds.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:56 PM
B.T.M.

if u have good brake control, and are used to the bike, you get comfortable with it

Quick Reply: What method do you use to clutch it up?