sit down brake control question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:08 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point
sit down brake control question

Ok... be gentle... i feel like a real newb askin this but I learned brake control standin up... so I put so much time into learnin the brake while standing that I haven't practiced sit downs in over a year.

So now that I'm gettin a little bored w/ goin slow standing, I'm starting to sit down again but... everytime I go to do a slow sit down my brake control goes to sh*t, and i end up on the bar.

I'm pretty good at figuring sh*t out but there's a couple options here... and main question is... where should all my weight be supported from?

On my arms and my feet w/ butt slightly off the seat toward the front? (this feels easiest to manipulate brake but most uncomfortable to maintain)

Or all the weight on my butt toward the back w/ arms relaxed? this feels most comfortable as far as hangin on and throttle control, but I cant seem to give good or quick pressure to the pedal from this position when i need to.

I've practiced dead stop clutchin up to idle standing, then sitting down and that works... but once I try to pull one straight up from a sitting position i'm right back to the bar

Are sit downs just very uncomfortable to do correctly or what?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person
Re: sit down brake control question

I actually learned sit downs before stand ups, on the 929. I always feel like i am making alot of small corrections side to side.

I sit up by the tank, and try to put the weight more on my ***, so that there isn't so much on my hands.

Someday no handers will come along. I can't start sitting back by the rear, i try to slide back to it.

I do find it trickier on the f4i now compared to my 929. It is way tippier, and i have to clutch the crap out of it to get it up quick enough.

All in due time i guess.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:07 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

sitdowns were hard for me, I could idle and scrape a highchair before I could a sitdown. the trick for me was to pop it at a dead stop with my a$$ already against the back seat.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

for no handers i clutch it up sitting with my *** against the back seat, for regular sit down on idle i hug the tank and stay up on it. ur bar must be really long... try em faster with more EB and work on slowing them down from there.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:15 PM

Paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Sit all the way back against the rear seat.Practice by catching idle standing and then going into sitdown,may be easier for you to learn to start with.Then once you have a good feel for that try popping it up from sitting.