learn 12s the easist way???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 07:12 PM

reddawg65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: learn 12s the easist way???

yea well is there anyway to reinforce it so it wont snap so easy when i hit the bar
Old 01-23-2005, 07:20 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by reddawg65
yea well is there anyway to reinforce it so it wont snap so easy when i hit the bar
Racing 905 made some subframe supports for my buddie's r6, they ran bars from the subframe to the rear-set - that will stop you from snapping your sub-frame. you don't have to go through 905 though. If you know someone or somewhere where there's a metal/welding shop they could pretty easily do something like that for you.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:39 PM

reddawg65 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i got a 905 bar on it been to there shop and saw a couple of the reinforced ones. there just to heavy looking for something lighter
Old 01-24-2005, 07:26 PM

Flamed04R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got an 04, and i was gonna get a 905 cage an bar for it, after i get used to the f4izzy, but after seein some pics of one, that was dropp'd from 12'v w/ a busted frame, subframe and engine.. i said decided not too...
Old 02-13-2005, 10:59 AM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

the freestyle cage is good enough but i just read that he has some new and improved stuff for it. i have one and i have taken out a few trees with it. im just now triing to 12 my f4i. just the back break is something i have to realize is still there when im up there..................latz
Old 04-12-2005, 08:16 AM

madmat13 is an unknown quantity at this point

:YEAH hey people..whats up...i finallt hit 12 the day before yesterday..but then i left the parking lot..then yesterday i hit 5 times in a row..hyped up..!!!on the fifth one my bike went down without a cage..just 12 bar..ripped mt muffler off...lol...easy fix..cant wait to do it again...so fun i try to get every crash on film..lol
Old 04-14-2005, 11:39 AM

nitrofed7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a nice and new euro tail that is going to get all smashed up.. what a waste..
Old 04-17-2005, 12:17 PM

Flamed04R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys.. When everyone says one day it just CLicks.. there not lying, i worked on learning 12'z for a month straight (5 days a week) and never did get them. Then i end'd up not gettin to practice them at all for 4 months. Then after the 4th session after gettin the new cage put on. I was rockin 12'z. Here's what i did....

GET A FIDDY!!! I learned rear brake control in 15minutes on that thing
Get the bike as Slooowwwww as you can before you clutch it up (mine are at or almost stopped)
VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO... i can't stress this enough, you'll be amazed at how much it helps
When your clutching it up.. Look straight ahead, i used to Always look down towards the front of the front tire, and would have a hard time judging my height. As soon as i started focusing farther ahead of me.. it started to click.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:41 PM

CRASH411MJ is an unknown quantity at this point

for what its worth i learned with a bar and my homie just got 12s locked on his f4 with a bar. he made his slightly longer than needed for the learning. he just shortened it yesterday and is scraping no problem. also, we both practiced on 4 wheelers to get the back brake control on lock. no spills yet (so far). www.c4stunts.com
Old 05-27-2005, 01:53 PM

20blks is an unknown quantity at this point

Not that anyone cares, but I got my first 12's today. I'm not really sure how high I was but I was doing about 25-30 for a few seconds controling the bike with the back brake. The sound was like.......smoking crack for the first time.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:13 PM

isocyanates is a decent person
Re: and you do it like this

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
Damn it all to hell, how many times to I have to say it?

Redline it in first gear, dump the clutch, and yank back as hard as you possibly can, then your scrapin, 12vin, as maybe if you do it right you scrape your back and head.
yeah!!! been there, done that, airbrushed my self a shirt!!!
did it sunday, i guess i got tired of not getting it high enough!! hit the 12 bar
and launched me off backwards!! but the bike didn't flip over on me!! the cages worked awesome!! saved my bike big time!! i had my cages built by teva with OUTKASTZ!! the guy knows the deal!! check him out if ya get a chance!!
www.outkastzriders.com!! anyway, sometimes ya just have to push it!! layter!!
Old 08-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Yes guys, it really is me

-Ludo is a decent person

scraped my bar for the first time sunday :YEAH
i ride a stock gsxr 600 K2, with a home made 12 bar and a 905cage.
scraped the bar around 20-25 times now and had 3 big off, my knee is a bit fooked but the cage did its job and still out there on my bike waitin for me to heal to do it all agein

for thos who are tryin to scrap and wont so advice, all i can say is "get everyone you know thats in to stuntin, your girlfreind and as meny video camara's pointin at you" and by the end off the day you'll be scrapin with the best off em
Old 09-06-2005, 02:31 AM

StUnTen4L31684 is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldnt get to confortable wit the 12' bar... cuz if u do hit it hard enough and u got the bar on good.. the next thing to go is the sub frame .....
Old 09-16-2005, 04:45 PM

bdr69 is an unknown quantity at this point

on my 954 the left rear peg always folds in at like 11 oclock and i always bail after iam all off balance and the bikes all squirmy how do i stop the peg from doing that
Old 10-16-2005, 06:58 AM

BobbyD is an unknown quantity at this point

I have only two things to say about this. One, if you are not steady with your back brake you should definately not have a bar on your bike. Learn how to utilize your back brake before you go for 12's. Seriously! And two, The longer the bar the less stabil the bike is at 12. This is no lie i promise! If you are going to put a 12 on your bike then make it a 12 not a 1:30! See, the point is to get the bike to rest on the bar and have most of the weight on it, not on the tire. The more weight you have on the bar (A straight bar) the better your balance will be!!! But i stress once again, If you cannot scrape tail learn your brake control before you attempt a 12. Road rash sucks!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 07:09 AM

BobbyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bdr69
on my 954 the left rear peg always folds in at like 11 oclock and i always bail after iam all off balance and the bikes all squirmy how do i stop the peg from doing that
You dont stop the peg from doing it, you stop YOU from doing it! When you come back on 12 and you are gently depressing the brake to where you start to hear the scrape, you then lean your body back kinda like your going to sit on the pooper. This will position your body to a more natural stance on the bike automatically positioning yourself at a more natural position on the rear peg. See, when you are at 12 you really should not be positioned on the bike much differently than you are when you are just riding it if you were standing up. This may sound a bit corney but give it a shot. Take a picure of you standig up on your bike like you were going to start a slow wheelie. Then use your computer to rotate the pic 90 degrees. This is basically what you should look like at 12. If that sound to retarded dont listen to me.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:15 PM

stizzarr19 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats not what sliders are for though....sliders dont do shiattt when your bike falls on its side from 12 O'clock!! They simply bend or snap off!! there mainly to protect the FRAME from hitting the pavement when dropped from a slideout or something but trust me get a CAGE cuz fuken around with bent sliders and engine mounts aint any kind of fun....
Old 12-07-2005, 07:30 PM

oBonilla is an unknown quantity at this point

tony d spoke some truth. you need to be comfortable with the bike slowin up without the bar. the 12 existed before scrap bars came into the game. if you watch some of the O.G's they all learned without the bar.( Wink 1100, Bobby- UR, cory- D-aces) I see alot of guys have taken their bars after perfecting the twelve. dont be fooled...that bar doesnt help you learn, it only gives the ability for more tricks. You need to get off of the key board and scrap the motha ****a!
Old 12-26-2005, 04:00 PM

LeaveIt2Beaver is an unknown quantity at this point

Hayez, just put a 12 bar on it, i hear that your bike's trashed already and what not, but a scrape bar will at least inform you on where your tail is when you're doing your thing, plus it will extend the life of your bike from what damage has already been done. I can do ok 12's on my R1 with no bar but i learned on my 98 gix 750 i had back in the day, bar helped me alot.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:11 PM

Shoopsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Know this might seem like a dumb question but i just got my first R6 and dont know how often you are supposed to change the oil.

Quick Reply: learn 12s the easist way???