learn 12s the easist way???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 01:26 AM

Trinirida101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: learn 12s the easist way???

Originally Posted by nags
Yea, I'm fine with the tail, but I'm scared to death of a bar. I guess I just gotta say **** it and throw one on someday
wuz up yo, nice endo I was wondering can u give some tips on starting (endos). thanks in advance :YEAH
Old 09-15-2004, 04:12 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trinirida101
wuz up yo, nice endo I was wondering can u give some tips on starting (endos). thanks in advance :YEAH
just go read some thread on it. this 12's thread isn't the place.
there are millions of topics about that. or start one of your own.

Originally Posted by kammersänger
Hi everybody i`m another new one in here and i come from germany where stuntriding is not very popular. but some like.
But now look at this!!!
I think 12s are ok but if you want to earn money with it you have to do a liitle more.

But fun is fun
1 o'clock :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 09-16-2004, 02:06 PM

Onesick8uprider is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude i would forget the bar and you said your bike is already thrashed you should grow a pair and go for it with out a bar i mean whats the worst that could happen all of us have been down so **** it go forit my motto is "when in doubt power out'
Old 09-16-2004, 11:40 PM

SBStunt92954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: learn 12s the easist way???

I learned with a 905 12 bar. The way I learned is, left foot back and the right foot covering the brake. Pull it up, and if you get freaked out, hit the brake. And trust me if you crash with a 12 bar, your bike will not loop back. I suggest 905 cages for sure. :YEAH
Old 09-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SBStunt92954
I learned with a 905 12 bar. The way I learned is, left foot back and the right foot covering the brake. Pull it up, and if you get freaked out, hit the brake. And trust me if you crash with a 12 bar, your bike will not loop back. I suggest 905 cages for sure. :YEAH
905 for sure, I have been practicing slow wheelies for about 2 days now. I have a 2002 f4i with stock gearing and i 12'ed it tonight for my 1st time ever. I dont know what would have happened without that 905 bar on. I was going about 5mph but if i didn't have that bar i may be hurt right now. :YEAH
Old 09-18-2004, 03:50 AM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

so im hiting 12's now. If i wanna park my bike at a 12 and leave it then do i just pull in the clutch when i hit my bar and let it drag to a stop?? I am just using my throttle, my idol is not turned up at all if it makes a difference.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:43 AM

chedda is an unknown quantity at this point

man i just joined this site so take my my advice how you want it i've been stunting for awhile and the best way to learn tricks for your street bike is on a dirt bike. 125's and 250's are made to take a hit so put a bar on dirter and go crazy. if you don't have a dirt bike skin grows back and they make new parts all the time. goodluck
Old 11-01-2004, 09:19 AM
ink

ink is an unknown quantity at this point

man just let go and quit bitchin up forget about if if ur scared of it ull nevr get it
dont woory about the bike (i work at/for yamaha and people get new parts every
day cause of the same thing)ull for sure heal i alwaies have.....Ok u might break some
bones and a few tail sections but if u cant 12 u can't ride....So its worth it right

Oh yea ***K a bar havin to buy new tail sections will make u wanna balance cause
ur pocket wont be as heavy.......ha ha
Old 11-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i 12vd my under seat exhaust at like 2mph, almost parked that bitch but got skurred and pieced out. bike rode scraping for 5 feet and dumped onto the stator cover. oops.. to bad best 70$ i spent on my bike though. ima try n cover the rear brake next time, 3k rpm idle on my bike is 15mph i think, i brought it up at a dead stop. right after clutchin it to 12 my idle kicked in a secound later and put me on the exhaust. cover that rear brake like a bitch on stock gearing cause there is no engine brake!
Old 11-01-2004, 02:35 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

yeah so sunday was a bad day for me..tryin to learn slow ****, along with rear brake control..so i got it up from about 5 mph..tryin to work rear brake..only problem is that i'm a bitch and i chop the throttle a little and try to correct, which inturn causes you to wobble, i thought i could correct it and gave it a lil more gas and tried leanin my body the othe way..bad idea..last second i decided to say **** it and ditch the bike..got tossed..got a 12 bar to the ****in *******..and ****ed my wrist..damnit **** is was hard..good thing my cage is comin in this week along with my gearing..sucks learnin!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 10:46 PM

CHAO5 is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread is really long.. damn.. anyway I'm new to Stuntlife and have been stunting with some buddies from www.94octane.com for a couple months... I just sold my 2003 SV650S for a '00 Gixxer 750 so I can do shyt a bit easier.. I got a FI bar and cage and have some sprockets on the way... -1 and +18.. hardcore I'm trying to make this as easy (cheap) as possible as I start learning.. anyway wish me luck.. even though it's winter.. maybe there will still be some nice days. Anyone from Windsor/Detroit area? We could practice next summer.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:28 AM

mcsb1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just rigged a doodoo bar on my bike and if it doesnt snow sunday im goin for it! im gonna bring it up from a dead stop and get right on slowing it to a stop. i just hope no pancaking goes down. advice anyone?
Old 12-04-2004, 08:13 AM

Stoppie Steve F4i is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Onesick8uprider
Dude i would forget the bar and you said your bike is already thrashed you should grow a pair and go for it with out a bar i mean whats the worst that could happen all of us have been down so **** it go forit my motto is "when in doubt power out'
you aint to far from us holla at me come up and ride sometime
Old 12-06-2004, 10:58 PM

justahondaman is an unknown quantity at this point

word x2
Old 12-10-2004, 12:40 AM

King Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

What company would you recomend for 12 bar? By the way check my site out and tell me your thoughts.
arsuperbike.com
New to the website thing.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by P.C.P. Tony
What company would you recomend for 12 bar? By the way check my site out and tell me your thoughts.
arsuperbike.com
www.freestyleingenuity.com
Old 12-10-2004, 06:20 PM

THOR_295 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by P.C.P. Tony
arsuperbike.com
Check out powersbikeworx.com Thats where i got my 12 bar and there cages are bad *** too. I'm using them both and they hold up awesome.
hope that helps..
Old 12-19-2004, 07:19 PM

So it's winter.. and cold.. and I'm sitting here @ work thinking about stunting.. Can I get some opinions on this?

Would it be wise to learn to 12 from 12? like pickup the bike and put it on the bar, start going slow in a staggered stance and then bring it down slowly with the rear break / some throttle.. then once you can lock that and get used to being up there, worry about clutching it up to bp?

It's kinda doing it backwards and is also kinda lame.. but I think it'd save a lot of unnecessary damage during the learning curve..

Your thoughts?
(woo hoo I'm 5 minutes closer to getting out of work!)
Old 12-20-2004, 02:26 PM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

Id say the easyest way would be to practice bring ing the bike up in 1st and learn the rear brake dont worry about scrapin or going supper slow right away just ride it regular and try to pull it back more and start getting on the brake. start applyn the brake at about 11 oclock.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:41 PM

THOR_295 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Team Felony
Hey how much was the cage from Freestyle, and do they make em for the gsxr1k??
try powersbikeworx.com, they have awesome cages and 12 o'clock bars, got my stuff there and dumped it several times and hasn't dented once. I did get the extended sliders for the cages which help out a ton. Another good idea that me and one of my buddies did was went to a machine shop and they turned some sliders for our swingarms which help the pipe and pegs out too.

Quick Reply: learn 12s the easist way???