learn 12s the easist way???

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 05:04 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CBR up on one
Build or get a bar....that is how I learned. Not hard just learn how to slow down a wheelie with the rear brake then a 12 is nothing.
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there this summer, I can slow them down already but I still need to get a bar.

Goose
Old 01-04-2004, 03:42 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by Goose
Nags, I'm close to 12'ing my POS....as you can see from my AVATAR that day was only my 2nd time ever trying a 12. I think I did pretty good. You'll see more of it on our video: UNSANE RYDERZ "9 Lives"!!!! Its coming out in about a month on DVD!!!

Goose
don't forget to hook a brutha up
Old 01-13-2004, 08:11 PM

ZANE is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought that learning on my dirtbike would help....but so far it seems realy twichy. is it more dificult on a dirbike or less. i know it is cheaper.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:42 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by nags
don't forget to hook a brutha up
Most definately................

Goose
Old 01-19-2004, 09:31 PM

squeakdogg69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: learn 12s the easist way???

You know, there is no easy way to learn to 12' a bike. Also most of the people replying on here have good ideas I can tell you though, that I learned on an '03 DR-Z 125. There was no way I was going to try it on anything bigger. So I built a bar for the back and tried the high and slow thing just getting comfortable with the bike 1st. When I finally did get the ***** to take it all the way back, It was like scrape, wobble, *@#$, hard on the back brake. When I finally did take it back, the bar was too short and the bike came over backwards. There is a theory of braking and control I must have forgot to study at that point. Plus I built a slightly longer bar now so there is more pressure on the rear tire instead of the bar(keeps the tire from spinnin' and helps forward momentum). This is a small bike though and I only weigh 130 lbs. Practice is key, followed by going slow and lots of control on the rear brake, with control on the throttle hand as well. When I want to set it down I just tap the clutch with 1 finger about the same time I get on the rear brake and both tires are on the road again. I won't attempt to scrape/drag if the bike comes up feeling loose or off centered. KNow your limitations and know your machine, before you know it you'll be scraping all day. Everyone here could ramble on forever on this subject, there are alot of views here, and lots of good advice. The only advice I can give is know the bike, what you can do and practice practice practice. Your gonna fall learning this stuff.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:57 PM

bmacd can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DR1130
learn them on a 50 first to get a the whole concept down, you wreck a fifty you get up and try it again, you wreck your big bike your hurtin for a couple days
i don't care what anybody says...that fifty will do more damage than a full sized bike! It's real easy to get overconfident on those things.

-=bmacd=-
Old 01-22-2004, 08:24 AM

teamkawy55 is an unknown quantity at this point

I learned to 12 on my motocross bike and on quads first, then get on ur bike and dont be scared slam the bitch and it'll treat you right if you treat her right. Start off easy on a nice straight and then go till you think you hit your limit, like others said if you wreck you wreck, wrecking means learning bro
Old 01-23-2004, 11:36 PM

locrotondo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hayez
ive been trying to learn 12s but i just cant seem to get it all the way,im afraid im gonna hit to hard and either loop back words or go back a little to far and crunch my tail and lose control,whats the best way to get em right?should i put a 12 bar on to help?or should i just keep doing what im doing?
Old 01-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Regular StuntLifer

dirtyrider can only hope to improve

[ practice practice practice. Your gonna fall learning this stuff.[/QUOTE]

not really...i put my bar on and scraped in an hour with noooo crashing..
but you have to already have the idea of slow wheeling before you try and put it on the bar..
Old 01-26-2004, 07:56 PM

What I meant was you're going to fall learning this "stuff" as in stunting, doing different tricks, trying to learn new stuff, etc. etc.. Everybody goes down eventually. Myself included :YEAH
Old 01-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by squeakdogg69
What I meant was you're going to fall learning this "stuff" as in stunting, doing different tricks, trying to learn new stuff, etc. etc.. Everybody goes down eventually. Myself included :YEAH
yea no dout
Old 02-09-2004, 12:42 PM

PMDizzle is an unknown quantity at this point

I got two things to say , fiftys are ****ing dangerous , ive balled up harder on one of them more than i have on my big bizzike, and my question is , i have a 02 F4i and im 1 down in the front and 10 up in the back , im running a 15 - 56 combo, and my stock pipe hits before anything else, but i dont wana **** my D&D , but i dont know how i should go about chopping the stock pipe, should i cut the tip off and take a few inches outta the can , then re weld the tip back on ?
Old 02-09-2004, 07:29 PM

On my cuz' F2 he's running about the same combo as you. With the D&D slip on we cut it where it goes into the header. On the joint where those 2 pieces of pipe meet, (the slip-on side) we were able to trim about an inch or a lil' more off where the slip-on goes into the header. Now with the 12 bar on the back the tip doesn't hit the road. Where b4 if he set it on the bar, the end of the pipe would hit the road and throw the bike all over. So see if you can trim it at the joint i'm talking about. Might be the simple fix you need man
Old 02-11-2004, 07:36 PM

SCRAPETHIS is an unknown quantity at this point

i learned without a bar cause i thought it was cool but its alot better with a bar, more tricks obviously, but i dont think it matters if you learn with or without
Old 02-15-2004, 01:03 PM

Captain B is an unknown quantity at this point

NO EASY WAY JUST TRY IT A TAKE A FEW SPILLS THEN YOU HAVE IT
Old 02-22-2004, 10:10 PM

Gixxer1k03 is an unknown quantity at this point

YOU CAN DOOOIT!!!!!!!!! Just go for it!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 02-23-2004, 03:22 PM

ESonONE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dark lotus
screw lowering the psi to 15!!!!

how often are you doing 12's?---I opt for all around aggresive riding......you know,crackin it up to speed.knee down in the corners.and loft a huge endo at whatever stoplight is next.if you lower your psi to that.and try and ride.its gonna suck.try and learn everything with stock gearing and pressure.THEN bust out the craftsman tool set and change sprockets and all that.

lotus is right its nice to be able to do all that slow wheelie crap but when you set your front tire down at 120 mph then you know you got some *****. I can do all that slow stunt crap by upping my rear sprocket and dropping my psi but where is the rush in doing it. Nothing better than flying down the highway on your rear pegs on one wheele in second gear weaving in and out of traffic. :YEAH
Old 02-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by ESonONE
lotus is right its nice to be able to do all that slow wheelie crap but when you set your front tire down at 120 mph then you know you got some *****. I can do all that slow stunt crap by upping my rear sprocket and dropping my psi but where is the rush in doing it. Nothing better than flying down the highway on your rear pegs on one wheele in second gear weaving in and out of traffic. :YEAH
yea untill you get the wobbles ...

one time of catching the shakes comin down at 120 and i bet you'll slow your **** down
Old 02-24-2004, 02:37 PM

ESonONE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dirtyrider
yea untill you get the wobbles ...

one time of catching the shakes comin down at 120 and i bet you'll slow your **** down
i have come down tank slappin before but if you know what your doing you can come out of a tank slap very easy. besides thats what a stabalizer is for.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:46 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by ESonONE
i have come down tank slappin before but if you know what your doing you can come out of a tank slap very easy. besides thats what a stabalizer is for.
you keep thinkin that...a stabilizer aint gon do **** for you at 120mph slapper

i think your just a squid that powers up them wheelies and has to stay in the gas to keep em up till you run outta gear and if your in 2nd then that would be around a buck20..

but if you know what your doing then keep wheeling at those speeds..

Quick Reply: learn 12s the easist way???