Concealment holsters for XD's

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future
Concealment holsters for XD's

Anyone have any pros or cons for XD holsters they have?

I just can't decide on a new holster, and don't want to blindly drop the loot ....

I was thinking I want an ankle carry but my .40 with the 4" is probably too large .....
Old 11-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future
Re: Concealment holsters for XD's

Originally Posted by scott3824
Anyone have any pros or cons for XD holsters they have?

I just can't decide on a new holster, and don't want to blindly drop the loot ....

I was thinking I want an ankle carry but my .40 with the 4" is probably too large .....
Ankle carry is for tiny back up guns. Get a leather IWB.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:43 PM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Ankle carry is for tiny back up guns. Get a leather IWB.
my buddy carries his .45 in an ankle
Old 11-07-2008, 03:31 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Try looking at Supertucks. I heard good things about those. I personally want to get a Belly Wrap.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:26 AM

Chr1stina is a decent person

I carry my XD45 and XD9 on my ankle!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:30 AM

I have a DeSantis ankle holster. My XD45, XD9, or G23 will fit in that holster. It is very comfortable and, even as big as the gun is, it feels very secure. It has a wool-like liner on the inside of part of it, so it feels very good on my ankle. The biggest thing with carrying a big gun on your ankle is accesibility. If you have tight fitted legs on your pants, it can make it difficult to get to the gun in the event that you need it suddenly. I found some jeans that are really comfortable for riding and flare at the bottom. With these pants, I can easily conceal AND get to my gun.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:36 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Chr1stina
I carry my XD45 and XD9 on my ankle!
Nice. A chick with guns and who does wheelies
Old 11-08-2008, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Nice. A chick with guns and who does wheelies
Yes, but I don't carry my gun on me while intentionally doing wheelies! I have done a couple of unintentional ones while carrying, tho.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:54 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yes, but I don't carry my gun on me while intentionally doing wheelies! I have done a couple of unintentional ones while carrying, tho.
It dont matter lol. If you didnt carry guns at all and just rocked wheelies its hot. The fact that you rock whooolies and are into guns makes it that much better

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 11-08-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:20 AM

I am not good at wheelies at all, but I am working on it. I think I've ridden three times where I actually got a fair amount of seat time and practice. I've already scraped the 12 bar, tho! It certainly wasn't on purpose. I was working on trying to set the front wheel down a little easier and didn't let off of the gas enough. I guess I was closer to the bar than I thought. I laid it on back on the 12. It was very easy and very pretty, but it totally caught me by surprise, so I didn't have time to stand up, hit the rear brake, hit the kill switch, nothing. lol I ended up falling on my butt and sat there and watched the bike ride on the 12 all nice and pretty for about 3 parking space widths before it wobbled and had a nasty crash! The cage did it's job, but I broke the left clipon. One of our friends was coming out to ride and had a clipon we could rig to work. I was back up and riding again in a couple of hours!
Old 11-08-2008, 02:31 AM
NealFoReal

I am not good at wheelies at all, but I am working on it. I think I've ridden three times where I actually got a fair amount of seat time and practice. I've already scraped the 12 bar, tho! It certainly wasn't on purpose. I was working on trying to set the front wheel down a little easier and didn't let off of the gas enough. I guess I was closer to the bar than I thought. I laid it on back on the 12. It was very easy and very pretty, but it totally caught me by surprise, so I didn't have time to stand up, hit the rear brake, hit the kill switch, nothing. lol I ended up falling on my butt and sat there and watched the bike ride on the 12 all nice and pretty for about 3 parking space widths before it wobbled and had a nasty crash! The cage did it's job, but I broke the left clipon. One of our friends was coming out to ride and had a clipon we could rig to work. I was back up and riding again in a couple of hours!
Good ****. If you wanna make wheelies bad enough youll get it Good luck with it tho and be careful and most important cover the rear brake and be ready to use it
Old 11-08-2008, 02:34 AM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

why ankle holster???? Hard to get to when riding. Someone comes at you at a full run you will not have enough time to grob it. I always used a sholder holster or an in the pant.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:41 AM

When I am riding the ZX10 or the ZX14, my ankle isn't far from my hand. I can flip my pant leg up and grab my gun when I am on the bike as easy or easier than I can unzip my jacket, reach in, and pull it out! This is also not to mention the fact that one of the first things I do when I stop is take my jacket off. It's just much easier, comfortable, and concealable for me to carry it on my ankle.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Crossbreed Supertuck

scott did you ever shoot the 3" xd40??

i definitely want the 40 but i'm not sure to go with the 3" or 4"
Old 11-08-2008, 08:56 PM

ToKwik is an unknown quantity at this point

Question for those wearing the Supertucks...

How are they with accessory rails? Overall impressions?

My latest firearm is a P229 that I was going to carry when I received my Georgia CCW. Never quite got around to the paperwork, but I'm a little more motivated now.

My 229 has the accessory rail and I haven't found an IWB at any of my local shops that I am happy with. Can't quite seem to get the right fit.

Looking for any suggestions or comments.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 AM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

I am not worried about while I am riding it is easy to get out a harry situation just by ridin off it is when I am at a party or just chillin somewhere that you have no choice.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
I am not worried about while I am riding it is easy to get out a harry situation just by ridin off it is when I am at a party or just chillin somewhere that you have no choice.
I work nights, so I tend to stay up even when I am off. I live in the Birmingham area. That being said, I am likely to be riding downtown or somewhere else by myself at all hours of the morning. I have actually been stopped at a redlight downtown and had someone jump on my bike. I have also gone through an atm at like 0200 and had two guys walk up behind me. When I was in between selling my house in Tuscaloosa and buying one in Birmingham, I lived downtown. I have been approached inappropriately a time or two. Of course, back then I had a piece of crap holster that I clipped to my pants. The problem with that, tho, is that I don't wear my pants very tight and I don't wear a belt. A gun that big weighs down the waistband and is not only uncomfortable, but makes it harder to conceal for me. Sure, it's under cover, but depending on what I am wearing, you see a rather big bulge. With my ankle holster and the jeans I wear, you can't really tell unless you are looking for it or already know. Even then, you might not be able to tell. Personally, I'd rather strangers NOT know I am armed. The benefit I have is that I am a girl and they don't expect me to be armed. I might not be able to get to it right away if they are all up in my grill, but that's going to be the case no matter where I carry it (Unless it's in my hand already!). If they don't know I have it, then I am more likely to be able to get to it when they turn their back for a minute. Those are my thoughts at least and it has worked for me so far. lol Luckily, in most of the situations I have been in, I have been able to difuse it rather quickly with direct eye contact and stearn tone of voice. Seeing as how I am 6' tall, not little by any means, and not easily scared, I am able to deter most would-be mischeif towards me. If nothing else, I am going to try to get a good look at you so I can describe you to the police if I am alive when it's all said and done! :P
Old 11-09-2008, 09:25 AM

Tucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to behold

do you have a conceal carry permit?

if not thats a felony bro
Old 11-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tucker R6!
do you have a conceal carry permit?

if not thats a felony bro
I do. I wouldn't carry one without it! I have had one for several years.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by EZEC
Crossbreed Supertuck

scott did you ever shoot the 3" xd40??

i definitely want the 40 but i'm not sure to go with the 3" or 4"
No not yet. I'm almost wishing I would have got the sub for carrying. I love the 4" though. Lacey handles it pretty good too. I think we are getting a 3" XD 9 for her. She just took her class this weekend. My problem is I wear dress clothes 5 days a week, so the baggier clothes are not an option all the time. Are you going for a gun to shoot too or just a carry gun? I like the 4" for the range.

Quick Reply: Concealment holsters for XD's