Stuntrageous Competition

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 01:55 PM

Nasty1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuntrageous Competition

Good pics...really quick question. Would the riders in the pics and at that competion be considered the cream of the crop so to stay in the quad stunting department by everyone...this is the first comp i seen like this and just trying to get an idea.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:31 PM

alfmoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stuntrageous Competition

Originally Posted by Nasty1
Good pics...really quick question. Would the riders in the pics and at that competion be considered the cream of the crop so to stay in the quad stunting department by everyone...this is the first comp i seen like this and just trying to get an idea.
judging by the pics there wasnt much competition there at all. real stunt comps dont let 2 riders on a quad. not talking **** but come on in every pic i saw there were no tricks at all just regular wheelies, who won, and what did they do we were at e-town that weekend at stunt wars 2 and there looked to be a lot more competition than that. i maybe wrong but just voicing my opinion
Old 09-15-2004, 05:47 PM

gusgreenwall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alfmoney
judging by the pics there wasnt much competition there at all. real stunt comps dont let 2 riders on a quad. not talking **** but come on in every pic i saw there were no tricks at all just regular wheelies, who won, and what did they do we were at e-town that weekend at stunt wars 2 and there looked to be a lot more competition than that. i maybe wrong but just voicing my opinion

I thought everyone there was pretty good, but what do I know. I came in 7th

Old 09-15-2004, 06:01 PM

just trying to get an idea...the pics didnt look like very hard tricks at all....but shhot yoru first competition you placed...way to go gus
Old 09-15-2004, 06:16 PM

just trying to get an idea...the pics didnt look like very hard tricks at all....but shhot yoru first competition you placed...way to go gus

Well out of 8 riders in the comp ya I placed not last I guess you could say. Don't pass judgment on poor picture taking. Everyone that was in the comp get's mad respect from me for just being in the comp.

No one knows what would of happened if anyone else showed up or maybe if I had gotten more then 5 hours of sleep that night maybe I would of won the damn comp. Who knows? Does anyone out there know for a fact they could of come to the fulton county airport entered the comp and won? Do ya?
Didn't think so.

All the **** poor posts about were they doing anything hard, and who was the best is really pissing me off. JT Crew is there for the love of the sport and to ride. Not to say ha ha were better then you.

But what do I know
Old 09-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Regular StuntLifer

jdmimports79 is an unknown quantity at this point

out of the pictures and besides the guy standing up no handed this is a great trick and isnt easy..atleast not to me

jump down special k...just a awesome looking trick...gus or tiller...did he come out of this clean or did it fall back on him?
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/att...chmentid=96783
Old 09-15-2004, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by jdmimports79
out of the pictures and besides the guy standing up no handed this is a great trick and isnt easy..atleast not to me

jump down special k...just a awesome looking trick...gus or tiller...did he come out of this clean or did it fall back on him?
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/att...chmentid=96783

He pulled it off. But that's nothing special right?
Old 09-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by gusgreenwall
He pulled it off. But that's nothing special right?
a normal special k isnt nothing...but to jump down to a special k..that takes some good control...he has to jump get his foot over the bar and land with his other leg straight out the side of the quad and then keep the wheelie up and going...

i was riding with him down at baltimore bike blast..i like the way he adds style to his highchairs...lol sometimes he makes it looks like hes running upside down..which makes the crowd more interested....hes a good entertainer

steve
Old 09-15-2004, 06:40 PM

a normal special k isnt nothing...but to jump down to a special k..that takes some good control...he has to jump get his foot over the bar and land with his other leg straight out the side of the quad and then keep the wheelie up and going...

i was riding with him down at baltimore bike blast..i like the way he adds style to his highchairs...lol sometimes he makes it looks like hes running upside down..which makes the crowd more interested....hes a good entertainer

steve

i wish they would have one down here or even half way.......hwo bout park a special K no handbrake......kinda like the haighchairs being parked....people would be like "O yeahhh" but it really isnt shyt...but one thing for sure quads are fun as hell
Old 09-15-2004, 06:41 PM

Well out of 8 riders in the comp ya I placed not last I guess you could say. Don't pass judgment on poor picture taking. Everyone that was in the comp get's mad respect from me for just being in the comp.

No one knows what would of happened if anyone else showed up or maybe if I had gotten more then 5 hours of sleep that night maybe I would of won the damn comp. Who knows? Does anyone out there know for a fact they could of come to the fulton county airport entered the comp and won? Do ya?
Didn't think so.

All the **** poor posts about were they doing anything hard, and who was the best is really pissing me off. JT Crew is there for the love of the sport and to ride. Not to say ha ha were better then you.

But what do I know
i was just wondering if that was all they did i want someone to go big ...not too sure what would be big yet but somethign that makes everyone go hoooooooooooly shyt
Old 09-15-2004, 06:41 PM

steve

Oh is that how it's done????

Thanks I didn't understand how that was done. I know it takes tons of control. He is a pimp in my book. But let me tell you something after my run (that was not that good) He came up to me and said good job Carl. Not is that all you can do or you suck!

Not only is he a pimp stunter he's an over all good guy. More people should be like him in this easy sport.....
Old 09-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Regular StuntLifer

i wish they would have one down here or even half way.......hwo bout park a special K no handbrake......kinda like the haighchairs being parked....people would be like "O yeahhh" but it really isnt shyt...but one thing for sure quads are fun as hell

ehhh personally i think anything on the bar is lame..no matter what it is....anyone who rides a quad or anyone who is just learning to wheelie knows how easy it is to go on your bar...

actually let me say this..the people doing watchtowers on quads that isnt easy..that takes alot of balance...any normal bar trick like

scraps...12's...cliffhangers...apehanger...parking .....just loop your wheelie and youcan do any of these....
Old 09-15-2004, 06:52 PM

Oh is that how it's done????

Thanks I didn't understand how that was done. I know it takes tons of control. He is a pimp in my book. But let me tell you something after my run (that was not that good) He came up to me and said good job Carl. Not is that all you can do or you suck!

Not only is he a pimp stunter he's an over all good guy. More people should be like him in this easy sport.....
true true
Old 09-15-2004, 07:12 PM

Didn't think so.

But what do I know
you guys get so defensive over nothing. if you dont go to a comp to win than what do you go for. i know every time i suit up for a comp i go to win. because if you dont go there with that attitude than how can this sport ever grow. isn't the point to go to win and if you dont you try harder next time to win not to place.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:26 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point

I wasn't there.....sometimes pics don't do justice, and sometimes pics can make a blown trick look good. I think that the stuntrageous pics may follow those same rules, so keep an open mind when looking at them. Maybe a few of those pics were taken at the right time on a bad trick....maybe a few were a good trick but taken at the wrong time.

Personally when I go to comps I expect to see something I've never seen before....or see something that I may have seen, but executed 100 times better. I went to the first Stuntrageous back in July and I didn't really see those things....in fact I only saw 1 trick that I had never tried. I can't say that I wasn't impressed....but I can't say that I was either. I was kind of hoping for some long no-handers, or some really, really sick combos tricks.

If I would have went to Stuntrageous 2.0, I would have been real impressed to see that dude standing on the front of the quad.....man that would have been awesome. I also would have seen some really long no-handers from what I hear.

So anyway....to answer Nasty's question....."Would the riders in the pics and at that competion be considered the cream of the crop so to stay in the quad stunting department by everyone"......It's hard to tell.....The way the comp is setup, you get more points for being consistant than you do for pulling the sickest tricks. You also are forced to do endos AND burnouts.....when I say "forced", what I mean is, if you don't do them, you don't win, plain and simple because they are part of the scoring. In theory, I think this scoring system is alright, as it "should" pick out the rider that is best in all of the categories judged, but to me I think it has lead people to be more conservative with the tricks that they choose because if you screw up doing a huge trick, the person that is doing the smoother, easier tricks is going to win.

"If" the rules and scoring were setup differently I would have made sure that I was there.....I would have said f-it to all of the plans that I had that day, even though they were extremely important. Just like Carl said, I ride for fun...I have nothing to prove, and it doesn't matter to me if I win or lose....I know that I sound like I contridict myself there....and maybe I do.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway.....I could go on and on, but I'm almost done....I just want to reply to this one quote by alfmoney....

I can't see why it matters if there are 2 people on a quad at once or not....a sick trick is a sick trick.....When I went to the first comp there, I was not aware that two people could ride either (which I would have liked to have known), but I thought it was a good idea. Regarding the pics that were posted.....I see what you were saying...some of them may have been taken at the wrong time or whatever, BUT I have seen some of the pics you have posted from the past comps and I didn't see anything that looked that great in a still picture. I'm not talking **** either, but I don't see where there was that much "competition" down there in NJ if I were to only judge by looking at the pictures. Again, not to start anything, I'm just trying to say that still pictures don't tell the whole story.

Oh, and one more thing.....I agree that there aren't many impressive bar tricks.....I'd rather see flamingos all day.

Just my

Last edited by PhearCVBz; 09-15-2004 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by PhearCVBz

Oh, and one more thing.....I agree that there aren't many impressive bar tricks.....I'd rather see flamingos all day.

Just my
i can arrange that
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	97264  
Old 09-15-2004, 08:04 PM

I wasn't there.....sometimes pics don't do justice, and sometimes pics can make a blown trick look good. I think that the stuntrageous pics may follow those same rules, so keep an open mind when looking at them. Maybe a few of those pics were taken at the right time on a bad trick....maybe a few were a good trick but taken at the wrong time.

Personally when I go to comps I expect to see something I've never seen before....or see something that I may have seen, but executed 100 times better. I went to the first Stuntrageous back in July and I didn't really see those things....in fact I only saw 1 trick that I had never tried. I can't say that I wasn't impressed....but I can't say that I was either. I was kind of hoping for some long no-handers, or some really, really sick combos tricks.

If I would have went to Stuntrageous 2.0, I would have been real impressed to see that dude standing on the front of the quad.....man that would have been awesome. I also would have seen some really long no-handers from what I hear.

So anyway....to answer Nasty's question....."Would the riders in the pics and at that competion be considered the cream of the crop so to stay in the quad stunting department by everyone"......It's hard to tell.....The way the comp is setup, you get more points for being consistant than you do for pulling the sickest tricks. You also are forced to do endos AND burnouts.....when I say "forced", what I mean is, if you don't do them, you don't win, plain and simple because they are part of the scoring. In theory, I think this scoring system is alright, as it "should" pick out the rider that is best in all of the categories judged, but to me I think it has lead people to be more conservative with the tricks that they choose because if you screw up doing a huge trick, the person that is doing the smoother, easier tricks is going to win.

"If" the rules and scoring were setup differently I would have made sure that I was there.....I would have said f-it to all of the plans that I had that day, even though they were extremely important. Just like Carl said, I ride for fun...I have nothing to prove, and it doesn't matter to me if I win or lose....I know that I sound like I contridict myself there....and maybe I do.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway.....I could go on and on, but I'm almost done....I just want to reply to this one quote by alfmoney....

I can't see why it matters if there are 2 people on a quad at once or not....a sick trick is a sick trick.....When I went to the first comp there, I was not aware that two people could ride either (which I would have liked to have known), but I thought it was a good idea. Regarding the pics that were posted.....I see what you were saying...some of them may have been taken at the wrong time or whatever, BUT I have seen some of the pics you have posted from the past comps and I didn't see anything that looked that great in a still picture. I'm not talking **** either, but I don't see where there was that much "competition" down there in NJ if I were to only judge by looking at the pictures. Again, not to start anything, I'm just trying to say that still pictures don't tell the whole story.

Just my
i see what u are sayin about the still pics from past shows in jersey and you are right a still pic is garbage and it did look like there wasn't much competition there but someone said there was only 8 riders at stuntragous compared to about 20 at e town at any given comp. we also have no one to film so we never get the good **** and the only thing i was sayin about the 2 rider thing was yeah it might look sick but how are you going to judge the rider by what the other guy or guys are doing on your quad. thats not a stunt thats someone doing a wheelie with someone else holding on and doing the wave. i just dont like all the talk on these forums about how quads arent going anywhere and how its just practice for a bike and this and that. that kind of attitude is the one and only reason why it wont go anywhere because no one has the mentality to try harder or to win or compete anymore. pushing people never hurt anyone just makes them better and this sport better.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:09 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see what u are sayin about the still pics from past shows in jersey and you are right a still pic is garbage and it did look like there wasn't much competition there but someone said there was only 8 riders at stuntragous compared to about 20 at e town at any given comp. we also have no one to film so we never get the good **** and the only thing i was sayin about the 2 rider thing was yeah it might look sick but how are you going to judge the rider by what the other guy or guys are doing on your quad. thats not a stunt thats someone doing a wheelie with someone else holding on and doing the wave. i just dont like all the talk on these forums about how quads arent going anywhere and how its just practice for a bike and this and that. that kind of attitude is the one and only reason why it wont go anywhere because no one has the mentality to try harder or to win or compete anymore. pushing people never hurt anyone just makes them better and this sport better.
Good point.....typically the passenger is ballzier than the rider......I get what you are saying, now I'm not sure what to think on that.

I also know what you are saying about all the negative talk.....I'm not even gonna go there.....lol.

-Josh
Old 09-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Good point.....typically the passenger is ballzier than the rider......I get what you are saying, now I'm not sure what to think on that.

I also know what you are saying about all the negative talk.....I'm not even gonna go there.....lol.

-Josh
stunting quads arent and never will go anywhere besides a few comps every now and then....

ask phear hes buying a 929 to leave quads and stunt bikes.......jk i dont know if thats the reason or not but i do know quad stunting will never be nothing more then fun and maybe the occasional comp every now and then..

What more do you guys want out of the sport?
Old 09-15-2004, 09:11 PM

stunting quads arent and never will go anywhere besides a few comps every now and then....

ask phear hes buying a 929 to leave quads and stunt bikes.......jk i dont know if thats the reason or not but i do know quad stunting will never be nothing more then fun and maybe the occasional comp every now and then..

What more do you guys want out of the sport?

Well according to you it's not a sport. So what do you want out of stunting a quad? Quad stunting is going places. You see more and more stunters coming out of the wood work. trying new stuff pushing eachother. Going out there day after day riding and stunting. Your poor attitude will keep it just what it is, nothing.

CVb'z ,JT Crew, and afew others will take it further then dreamed of. You lack the abilty to see a positive future the quad stunting community.

Quick Reply: Stuntrageous Competition