Omg Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 08:48 PM

xr-fifty is an unknown quantity at this point
Omg Help!

TODAY my dad said to me that i could get any quad with any mods i like cus i got 6 A's in my gcse's hahahha OMG i need you to help what quad wat mods ahhh help so confusing so many decisions to make!!! :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :lucky13
Old 07-12-2004, 12:30 AM

jays warrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Omg Help!

Turbo charged bombarier ds650. j/k But if i was gonna get one and money was no object, I'd get either a 400ex or z/kfx/dvx 400 w/ a pipe/silencer, filter, jet kit, aftermarket rims and tires, aftermarket shocks, and anything else that will come out of the dennis kirk catalog.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:39 AM

Peeweesp is an unknown quantity at this point

well what you want to do with the quad i mean if you want to stunt i would probobly get a z or kfx but depends if it where me id take a yfz 450 or hondas 450 but yeah go to the dealer and get what you want man we arent going to be riding it you are so just get what you want
Old 07-12-2004, 02:24 PM

mxquadracer is an unknown quantity at this point

Any quad...with any mods? I'm sorry but I can't believe that. In about 2 minutes I could name off a mod list that would get you over 20 grand. What's the actual price limit? I don't think your dad realizes the limitless possibilities there are for mods

Now if he actually means ANY quad with ANY mods. Click this link then click the quads for sale section and tell him you want the 2003 LRD/Gibson/CT 350 powervalve 250R. It's the very last quad on that list. Good luck
Old 07-12-2004, 02:56 PM

unfotunately ther is obviously a price limit but i can spend quite a lot im looking at a 400ex or yzf450 with a pipe suspension air filter bars tires rims and a few appearence parts i just dont know if the yzf will be 2 much power 4 me im only 15 but i have alot of experience with racing quads
Old 07-12-2004, 03:01 PM

ahh I'm 15 I can handle the yfz like nothing, it's really not all it's cracked up to be. Yes they are nice, but the "god" of a wheeler people make them out to be no. What you have listed looks pretty good. The BARE minimums I'd suggest getting is aftermarket shocks, a pipe and filter, and nerfs. I'd say go with the ex just because they're a bullet proof quad and can be made REAL fast for pretty cheap. They got the biggest aftermarket as far as easily accessable goes. Good luck man
Old 07-12-2004, 03:12 PM

yea im still thinkin bout the 450 tho its sooo nice but the sound of the bullet proof honda sounds good ive ridden a few 400ex and i liked them but ive neva driven a yzf and from what ive heard they r the best n e way wat quad u ridin and with wat mods pm with pics if u hav them
Old 07-12-2004, 06:25 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

kfx/z400/dvx all the way! faster than the 400ex..and IMO a better stunt quad jp, man if i could, id get the honda, hell if u want, go to www.albaaction.com, they sell quads with bars, pipes, and other sh.it for the same price as a factory quad from a dealer...check em out bro
Old 07-12-2004, 09:41 PM

250Rrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TimsKFX400
kfx/z400/dvx all the way! faster than the 400ex..and IMO a better stunt quad jp, man if i could, id get the honda, hell if u want, go to www.albaaction.com, they sell quads with bars, pipes, and other sh.it for the same price as a factory quad from a dealer...check em out bro
i definetly agree u gotta go wit the z/dvx/kfx there a lot faster has liquid cooling and there is an unlimited aftermarket for um. best of all its the same price as the 400ex
Old 07-12-2004, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 250Rrider
i definetly agree u gotta go wit the z/dvx/kfx there a lot faster has liquid cooling and there is an unlimited aftermarket for um. best of all its the same price as the 400ex
sorry dude, but how is 2hp any faster. The top speed difference is 1mph, that's all. And rider skill will make up for that any day. And you can get a used 400ex stock for 3 grand, show me a z for that cheap. Now...z's are sweet *** bikes, but I'd say go cheaper for the honda, cuz IMO they stunt better. Alot of people like z's alot like honda's. They're pretty much the same I basically got both.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:51 AM

after looking around at parts and the majority of opinions its a dead heat agaisnt z400 and the 400ex im kinda leaning towards the z400 more cus i like it alot and ive driven one and i know the kick *** BTW mxquadracer your bike is sick do you guys know n e good sites for buying quad parts so i can choose which parts to get for my Z or possibly EX
Old 07-13-2004, 10:58 AM

EC Films is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xr-fifty
after looking around at parts and the majority of opinions its a dead heat agaisnt z400 and the 400ex im kinda leaning towards the z400 more cus i like it alot and ive driven one and i know the kick *** BTW mxquadracer your bike is sick do you guys know n e good sites for buying quad parts so i can choose which parts to get for my Z or possibly EX
Depends on what kind of parts you are looking for. Some places have great prices on half their stuff. For the other half, the prices go through the roof. Just ask what kind of parts you want and I'm sure someone on the boards can help you out best they can.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:50 AM

ok ive decided i wanna get a z400 in white and im gunna powdercoat the frame not sure what colour yet tho im going to put +2 a arms,longer axle,new shox itp holeshots with itp rims,Tag t2 handlebars, nerfs and a few other bits r there n e parts you guys recomend?
Old 07-13-2004, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by xr-fifty
ok ive decided i wanna get a z400 in white and im gunna powdercoat the frame not sure what colour yet tho im going to put +2 a arms,longer axle,new shox itp holeshots with itp rims,Tag t2 handlebars, nerfs and a few other bits r there n e parts you guys recomend?
Good choice. Here is what companies I think you should go with...

A-Arms - Burguard Long Travel (Cheap, good quality, and fast shipping.)
Axle - RPM (I have one on my Z-400, I give it a A+)
Shocks - TCS or Elka (Don't waste you money on Works, total garbage.)
Tires - Maxxis Razr MX's (Last 100 times longer then Holeshots)
Rims - Douglas .190 (Cheap, light, and semi-strong)
Handlebars - Tag T2's (you'll need bar clamps, get Tusk.)
Nerf Bars - X-Factor Pro Pegs (spend the extra cash on them, it's worth it.)

Also one other thing. Try and get a 2004 Z-400, or an 03' with an 04' sub frame. Removable grab bar.

Alex
Old 07-13-2004, 12:49 PM

Damn dude if you're buying new....
5200$ for the z and yes be sure to get an 04'
DG Nerfs:$120
Shocks: Prolly Elka...try to get triple or quadruple rate, and there HAS to be a reservoir...now that I think about it does elka even sell non-rezzy shocks? Make sure they are setup for your weight and the longtravel a-arms $600
A-arms: Burgard longtravel a-arms
Tires: Maxxis Razr MX or Holeshot MX (the smaller the tires the better, but don't go too small (and the wider the rears the better)) 130 bucks for 2 rears, another 130 bucks for 2 fronts
Handlebars: pro taper with bar risers 90$

Alot like Alex said
Old 07-13-2004, 11:37 PM

Speedy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

get a Cannondale... those things r fast as fudge packers... get a Speed they are only like 12k new :D
Old 07-14-2004, 10:33 AM

i get the quad in september how long willthose things take to ship to england?
Old 07-14-2004, 02:44 PM

zackbremer is an unknown quantity at this point

**** the quad, it wont mean **** in a yr when ur 16 and can stunt a streetbike. tell him to buy u a used 600 or sumtin then put a cage, tank(dented), and 12 bar on it. wait patiently and when u turn 16 bam u got a stuntbike.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:52 PM

my dad hates road bikes he says they r too dangerous! but n e ways i love quads so i dont care so much but wen im 18 im getting a gsx and becoming the sunt king!!
Old 07-14-2004, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by mxquadracer
Damn dude if you're buying new....
5200$ for the z and yes be sure to get an 04'
DG Nerfs:$120
Shocks: Prolly Elka...try to get triple or quadruple rate, and there HAS to be a reservoir...now that I think about it does elka even sell non-rezzy shocks? Make sure they are setup for your weight and the longtravel a-arms $600
A-arms: Burgard longtravel a-arms
Tires: Maxxis Razr MX or Holeshot MX (the smaller the tires the better, but don't go too small (and the wider the rears the better)) 130 bucks for 2 rears, another 130 bucks for 2 fronts
Handlebars: pro taper with bar risers 90$

Alot like Alex said
Please, do not get DG products! The quality on all their parts is horrible. Spend the extra money on the X-Factor Pro Peg nerf bars. Best thing I ever bought. Also Renthal FatBars are another good choice.

Alex

Quick Reply: Omg Help!