Stupid Snow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 03:50 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Stupid Snow!!!

Well there's no avoiding snow up here in VT, so I've got a snowmachine to tide my over in the winter time.

Last night we went for a ride on a trail that has a lot of nice twisties. We were flying along, two buddies in front of me. I had to adjust my left glove cause air was getting in so I obviously had to take my hand off the throttle.

Anyway, I had to speed up to catch up to the guys I was riding with (who were already going about as fast as you can go on that trail). The carbides on my skis aren't the best so I have to tap the brake to get the back end to slide a little bit to corner fast. I was flying around a sharp downhill corner and I tapped the brakes. I guess the corner, combined with the hill and some bumps caused my sled to spin out (it isn't studded). I was doing like 45-50mph when it came around. Obviously the ski caught and stupid thing barrel rolled like 3 times.

Luckily, I've been hit by enough rolling vehicles to instinctively get out of the way :D , and luckily the damage to the sled was minimal. I got a small crack in my windshield, a few scratches on the hood, and my mirrors busted off. I also cracked a plastic piece above where the speedometer and tach is, but you can't see it once the windsheild is back on.

I suppose that isn't bad for a big heavy 800 3 cylinder sled, but it still sucks that it happend.

I'm anxious for spring.

Just wanted to vent.

-Josh
Old 01-13-2003, 04:19 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by sclevela
hey j i got a mallard duck thats really handy with duct tape and zipties hell fix it for a lowlow fee
Dude.. your wacked...
Old 01-13-2003, 04:45 PM

raptor4439 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I was going to go rent a snowmobile for my vacation but I guess i'll just take the ex. I'll try to post some pics of a few riding trips to brown mountain and salti when my damn scanner gets fixed.

peace.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:13 PM

redrizza is an unknown quantity at this point
That sux man. Good thing you didn't bust your cowl(sp?) all up. Jay and I put on 150 miles on Saturday. It was all fun till the end. We did a loop, from RT7 from Essex up to Manchester, down 100 to Bolton and then on 2 back to Essex. 2 SUCKED it was a friggin goatpath all bumpy and slow going . The sleds were covered with mud by the time we finished. But, the good parts of the day were really good at least.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:35 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by sclevela
hey j i got a mallard duck thats really handy with duct tape and zipties hell fix it for a lowlow fee
WAY TO MANY PAIN KILLERS BRO!
Old 01-13-2003, 07:36 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
oh yeah,
josh - least that ****** didn't land ontop of you. thing couldn't be light!
Old 01-13-2003, 11:57 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Scott, thanks for the offer...If my sled does get crunchy I'll have yer duck fly up here.

Ryan, I wish I coulda gone with you guys...If Andy woulda been home I could have, but he had to work and I needed a ride. I did end up getting my Registration and vast saturday afternoon so next time I can go no prob as long as I can get my sled to the meeting spot. How many miles did you guys put on? We put on about 110 or so, and the trails were really decent as long as we headed East. The trail I dumped it on was so sweet...I love the twisties and the elevation changes...Gotta get my sled set up a little better (and take some driving lessons) and I'll be set. I had another close call on the way home cause of those stupid carbides, and one the night before cruising at 85 down a road.

1000ceecee...Yup, I know what you are saying. Since I have had stuff land on me in the past I reacted and got out of the way. It's weird cause before I would just lay in the same spot and hope it didn't run me over...lol. I probably would have been done for a while if it did take me out. Over 500lbs. dry plus all kinds of good stuff that could tear somebody up.

Anyway, next time there better be a camera running.

-Josh