Warning Do Not Buy A Raptor Ever

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 11:42 AM

Teamsquiddly is an unknown quantity at this point
Warning Do Not Buy A Raptor Ever

Once this hunk of sh@t is fixed IM gona jump a cliff. These machines do not take a beating. After spending yesturday bending my a arms back to a some what normal position, and then putting in a starter clutch, that wasnt even that bad but the bolts on the one way came friggin loose? what up with that engineering? Raptors eat up tranny, chain and sprockets, blow rear shocks, rip apart clutchs, blow starter clutchs every couple of starts. OH and hope you dont flip over cause the a arms and tie rods will break cause they are weak as hell. The shift linkage and carb setup is garbage too. The front brakes are so weak the cant stop a fiddy the thing is a beater. If anybody thinks the raptor is a dream machine they are twisted I hate the thing more then life I wish I got a 400 or a banshee. Everytime I ride stunting or offroading something gives. blah blah blah

THIS IS FAIR WARNING A FREE RAPTOR IS NOT A GOOD DEAL....
Old 01-06-2003, 01:21 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
hmm, bitter?

Sell that toilet dude & buy a KFX-4oo dude. no down payment, no payments till 04 dude! buy it!!
Old 01-06-2003, 01:43 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by 1000ceecee
hmm, bitter?

Sell that toilet dude & buy a KFX-4oo dude. no down payment, no payments till 04 dude! buy it!!
Why not a 400ex?
Old 01-06-2003, 02:18 PM

he works @ a Yamaha / Kawi dealer.

But im w/ ya on the 400 ex! :D
Old 01-06-2003, 02:20 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
he works @ a Yamaha / Kawi dealer.

But im w/ ya on the 400 ex! :D

well shiit.. my dealership sells everything.. Come buy it from me
Old 01-06-2003, 02:30 PM

you know i was wondering what you do for work. You sell bikes & ATV's?

I was wonderin' cause im on here all day, everyday pretending to be working & you got prob 400 more posts than i do. nice work!! :D
Old 01-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Regular StuntLifer

skinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn thats funny I had some of the same problems with the one I HAD! I know a lot of other people had the same problems also. Kinda funny how yamaha doesn't see a problem with them but they are revising the parts on the next model year. And don't try to get any thing warrantied because they will tell you it broke from abnormal use! HaHa What is normal use sitting in the garage?
01 raptor=crap
Old 01-06-2003, 11:38 PM

you know i was wondering what you do for work. You sell bikes & ATV's?

I was wonderin' cause im on here all day, everyday pretending to be working & you got prob 400 more posts than i do. nice work!! :D
I sell everything.. all kinds of bikes, 4 wheelers, wave runners, you name it. I'm not on here during the day.. I work pretty much 7 days a week.. It sucks
Old 01-07-2003, 09:46 AM

i hear that, i work 6 days a week - 65 hours. it blows. but i have my computer to look busy on all day!
Old 01-07-2003, 10:42 AM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point
nags

hey can you get deals on a 400ex? possibly used...i wanna trade my banshee for one...lemme know
Old 01-07-2003, 11:39 AM

Teamsquiddly is an unknown quantity at this point
What sux is the dude that has 10,000 into his raptor and it sucks donkey reproductive organ. Dont get me wrong my **** is fast as hell but I just rebuilt top end, and the head too $500.00 in parts and just did starterclutch and now my clutch it self is all done. My 400 buck in skid plates are trashed cause the suspension is meant for 4 year olds. The mechanic that did my motor for me said the valves are so crappy they dont seet right brand new, and they are known for bending and jamming up in the head. I can go on for hrs telling you about minor and major **** that goes wrong and will go wrong.

Bluetraxx.com says 22% of 2002 starter clutchs went bad and something like 50% of 2001 went. Throw in a high comp piston and the figures were near 100%

Basically stating that Yamaha has me bent over with kitty litter and they are throwing in some rock salt for kicks.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:49 AM

Re: nags

Originally posted by Merk350
hey can you get deals on a 400ex? possibly used...i wanna trade my banshee for one...lemme know
I can get ya a good deal on anything. We don't have any used 4 wheelers right now though. If you want, I'll see what I can get ya a 400ex for
Old 01-07-2003, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by Teamsquiddly
[B

...........Basically stating that Yamaha has me bent over with kitty litter and they are throwing in some rock salt for kicks. [/B]
i like that quote. But basically yeah.

but a 400, either the EX or a KFX.

buy something that actually starts each week!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
i hear that, i work 6 days a week - 65 hours. it blows. but i have my computer to look busy on all day!
I worked 19 hours alone on Tuesday...

Working for StuntLife sucks... my boss is a slavedriver!!!!

Old 01-09-2003, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by Shugga
I worked 19 hours alone on Tuesday...

Working for StuntLife sucks... my boss is a slavedriver!!!!

Yea, I heard your boss is a real ********
Old 01-09-2003, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by nags
Yea, I heard your boss is a real ********

Yeah me too!

slave driver
Old 01-14-2003, 12:52 AM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point
19 hours? I herd goats for a living. try that sometime