takin care of these 4wheel whores

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Regular StuntLifer

jaxen112 is an unknown quantity at this point
takin care of these 4wheel ******

I'm basically a streetbike guy, but I'm lovin this ****** banshee lately. Question is, is there any regular maintenance I should run on the quad after a day of riding through 4 foot mud puddles and stunting the **** out of it on the streets?

some guy told me to change the plugs a lot when you ride in the street, any feedback you 4 wheel maniacs got is apprieciated.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:45 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure about having to change the plugs...Mine never fouled them.

One thing you'll want to check very regularly is your air filter. The Banshee's had a bad designed airbox and sometimes the filter would pop off. Mine did it to me only once though and it was because a buddy of mine put it back in wrong. Luckily I noticed before I drove it very far cause I'm sure she was running really lean, not to mention the dust going in.

If you go through water stop afterwards and pull your airbox drain plug too, it seems to find it's way up there.

Other than that the Banshee is as reliable as most anything out there. A lot of people talk about crank problems, but between myself and a couple buddies, we have owned 6 of them with no problems.

We run Amsoil 100:1 oil mixed at about 80:1. Most people cringe when they here that, but it really runs awesome and we've never had any problems.

Hmmm...can't think of anything else right now.

-Josh
Old 12-17-2002, 08:42 AM

redrizza is an unknown quantity at this point
After riding in mud, the most important thing to do is just spray it down and get most of the mud off when your done. Also lube the chain up and grease all your joints to push the water/dirt out of them.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:07 AM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point
def the plugs for me...stunted for one day, and need to change them..other than that thing is mint...jsut clutch the $hit out of it and cover the back brake lol...things r violent, but so much fun...its funny if u can do it on a banshee jump on a z or 400, everything seems so dam easy..have fun

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT X-MAS!!