Should I Sell My Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 08:52 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Should I Sell My Raptor?

Im having thoughts about selling my raptor for either a Z-400 Or a 400 EX. These 2 quads are supposed to out balance my quad a million to one.

95% of the time I just stunting it anyway - so balance is everything in what im lookin' for.

Hollah back!
Old 11-25-2002, 10:02 AM
Regular StuntLifer

skinny is an unknown quantity at this point
No don't sell it . You keep stuntin that overpowered quad. Just kidding but I think the 400ex is like the 900RR everybody is gonna have one because its the easiest to stunt with. I've had a raptor and a banshee before my 400 and I'll never go back. The raptor shows more rider control when stuntin.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:14 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
The peeps who dominate the Banshee's are deffinatly pimp, and I hear that the Raptors are difficult as well (thought I've never driven one). I'd say they are a bit better than the Banshee give the 4 stroke.

Anyway, as skinny said, stuntin the big quad (like stuntin a busa) shows more throttle control for sure.

It appears that you are doing your thing on it so keep it up man....violate that big black beast :D .

You wanna be a real pimp, skip the 400ex cause there are so many of them, and we are going to see more Z400's so skip them too....Grab yourself a Cannondale!!!! I haven't seen any of those being stunted yet and I bet they are awesome.

-Josh
Old 11-25-2002, 10:38 AM

Rizien is an unknown quantity at this point
ive never ridden a raptor but i've beaten them and 400 ex's on hte motocross tracks, personally i can balance my Z at 12 oclock forever and it is a pretty wide balance range before you flip it or let the front down, but its nice to have variety, i wish i could be the only one with a z 400..but oh well...do what you want
Old 11-25-2002, 11:29 AM

If i buy anything, it is going to be the Z400 because of the reverse & liquid cooling. Or the Kawi version of the Z-400. same thing. Kawi is Suzuki now.

i just wanna ride a z400 before i spend all the damn money doing it. ANYONE LOCAL TO ME TO LET ME 12 THIER Z400 ?

Seriously, how well do they run @ 12? And how well do they balance? Ive been trying SO hard to do a no hander on my raptor & im getting pissed! I can coast it from 3rd gear to a stop w/ out hitting the bar or hitting the gas - but i cant no hand the ******.

Im just gonna blame it on my quad. works better that way.:D
Old 11-25-2002, 01:43 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
CANNONDALE!!!

ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION :D

COME ON MAN, PIMP THE FROG QUAD

I wonder how they do go though for real. The Cannibal isn't too much more green than a Raptor.

I can see it now down in Brockton.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cannondale.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	6122  
Old 11-29-2002, 11:42 PM

damn, that "frog quad" is damn ugly! I heard they had mad problems w/ the fuel injection & ****. I bet once they work out all the bugs it will be a mean f'n machine - but more importantly. HOWS IT STUNT?

Scott - green goblin! Good point. But F'em! Can't prove ****!
Old 12-01-2002, 12:50 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
if you jump off the 400 on to the raptor its not a big change, but when you jump from the raptor to the 400 its crazy... the 400 feels like a damn toy.... id never go back down

stuntin is stuntin man, look at all the people who buy a RR cuz they think it will make em stunt better, yeah some **** might be easier, but once you get **** on lock you can do it on any bike

I just wouldnt trade that extra power, and if anyone beat a raptor anywhere, I wonder who the raptor rider was....either way, no common stock 4 wheeler made will beat a raptor in a straight line or on a track with equal riders

its called horsepower to weight ratio, you hear it used a lot with the GSXR1000

lol later
Thomas
Old 12-01-2002, 02:02 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve
hey my 500 will take a raptor(when it works)LOL
ohhhh you said stock, my bad my **** def. aint stock.

yea 1000 fix the raptor and stick with it ,your used to it anyway why change now
as for me peole think im dumb for stuntin a 2 stroke they tell me wow you fall alot and i tell them YEA can you do it on a four stroke and they say YEA and i tell em well try it on the 5 hundi and they always say NOOOO thanks. im sure eventually i'll figure the power to balance point ratio eventually and when i do ill still be on my 2 stroke making people say huh?? so stick to what you got. your good on it (thats the point i was trying to make).
i hopethat made sense
ZANNAMNN