Rode my first... BLASTER

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 12:01 AM

Black Rob can only hope to improve
Arrow Rode my first... BLASTER

Well, I did it. After a few questions to you guys about the Blaster as a "stunt quad", I finally rode my first one. I got a ton of mixed "reviews" from you guys. My friend ended up buying one so I whipped it for a little. I gotta say, it exceeded my expectations. I thought I was gonna hate it (have had a 400ex, few banshees, a duncin racing 250R, cRaptor, and others). Anyways, I just wanted a "cheap" bike to ride pretty much just stunts. Light trails, small hills maybe. So I got on it and it carried my fat *** around pretty easily. I was doing nice highchairs pretty far over the bars. It surprised me. I'm 6'1" tall and 230 lbs. I agree with others that it may be a little small for adults to have as a race bike (lol), or to try to win dragracing (lmfao), But small and easily handled is key to stunting. Most of the guys riding streetbikes agree a 600cc is better than a 1000cc. I feel the same about quads. The blaster is cheap, easy to repair (parts readily available), and it's fun just to get out and ride. Some say 2-stroke suck for stunts and stuff. But I didn't find a problem on the bike with that. Powerband didn't throw me off or anything. It felt a lot like a 4 stroke. I'm gonna spend more time on it, but for a first ride it was a good one.