dont know what to do...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:12 AM

YZF_RiDEr is an unknown quantity at this point
dont know what to do...

i know you've seen me on before talking about the 400EX and the warrior.. but still in the back of my mind something is bothering me....

ya see, when i first decided to get a quad.. i figured i'd get some kind of 4x4, then changed my mind to a stunter machine. now with talking to my bro (who has a 400EX) he tells me neither get a dirtbike, stunting on a quad gets to be too easy and i'll be bored soon, thats why he got his dirtbike.. stunting is what i like to perform on my YZF, but decided to stop before it gets all stunted up.. now im really into 4x4'n in a truck and im not sure if i want to get a stuntin quad or a 4x4, how good are the stunters in the trails and mud?? can you climb steep hills without the worry of not having a winch?? ive came across a couple of quads for when my bike sells, a few stunter quads, or 1, 2000 arctic cat 500 4x4 w/ plow, and winch. push button 4x4 fully racked.

so if any of you stunterz out there want to contribute onto how good EX's, warrior's, or z's are in the back country, please do so.

i wish i had the money for both styles.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:34 PM

Black Rob can only hope to improve
Quads are quads, whether they have 4WD or 2WD. The 2WD (stunter quads) can and will climb huge hills, no questions asked. All 4X4 is good for is if your going to go mudding in 4ft of mud, cuz that's the only thing that 4X4's are one up on. Even at that I've seen 4WD's get stuck in mud. I have never owned a 4WD quad, and I never would. I don't see the real point in them (other than farming purposes, and I don't have a farm). They are slower, usually bigger, and get boring real quick. My friend has one that he HATES. I've ridden it and it was never fun to me. I will put any 2wd quad up against any 4wd quad (w/ near-matching cc's) and I will always bet on the 2wd for best overall performer. As far as trail riding, who ever said a 2wd isn't good in trails!!?? Quads were made for trails, hills, sand, some mud; all off-road conditions. There are no such things as "stunter quads", just quads that people stunt... They are all the same...
Old 09-08-2003, 02:14 PM

well when i say stunter quad i mean a 400EX, KFX400, Z400, or any of the other 4 stroke quads that peeps seem to stick with for stunting.. you dont find yourself going through more clutches trail ridding?? and i dont mean just open trails, im talking loggin trails, class 6 roads, really rocky terrain. ya know the **** that your not going to be doing 30mph through.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:13 PM

gusgreenwall is an unknown quantity at this point
get a 3 wheeler...
Old 09-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Regular StuntLifer

z400WHAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, my Z makes it through just about everything a 4x4 does, with the exception of deep *** mud. That's all I rode with when I first got mine and they were all suprised that "That little 2 wheel drive was behind us the whole time" Plus when you come up to a straight you have the option of grabbin gears or just Stuntin'. I'll admit tough, sometimes going through those mud pits I dodge looks like fun, but i'd still rather have my Sport Quad. They're Faster, Handle better, Hit Jumps better, and Stunt Better. So I guess it's all about what you want and what kind of conditions you'd be riding it in. Hope you'll be happy with whatever you decide to go with.

Josh
Old 09-10-2003, 12:27 AM

henndog is an unknown quantity at this point
Get both! No, but I was the same way when I bought a quad. My first quad a couple of years ago was a polaris explorer 4x4. It was fun for a while, especially in teh snow and mud and climbing **** but when I would see those 400 ex's and banshees out on the trails, I knew I was on the wrong machine. To make a long story short, I rolled my explorer and when you roll those 600 pound quads they get real f#$%#d up! Everything gets bent. So I sold it and about a year later I bought my 400 ex and feel that this thing is ten times better than the explorer. Just so much morew you can do on them. And you'd be suprided how well those things handle rough terrain and they are soo fast. Also you can climb big hills way better with the stunter than a 4x4. I've seen race quads climb some insane fishhole's. You try to do that with a 4x4 you will flip it and probably kill your self.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:29 AM

henndog is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoops, I meant fishbowl's. Dont want to confuse anyone.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:21 AM

yea i think im gonna go with a 400ex... maybe a warrior for the reverse. i think before im done quading, i will own both thanx for the feed back..

now i just gotta sell the bike.
lata
brandon
Old 09-10-2003, 02:48 PM

what does everyone know about the wolverine... ive found a 2001 for $3000. saw a pic of someone jumping one... looks ok to me.. but is this a auto or manual. because w/ or w/o 4x4 i would like to have a manual tranny.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:07 AM

Black Rob can only hope to improve
Don't get a wolverine, you'd be better off on a blaster for $2000... And if you've got $3000, you can buy a used 400EX or a newer 300EX (reverse). Try looking here www.exriders.com under the classifieds...
Old 09-11-2003, 09:13 AM

sweet thanks..
Old 09-12-2003, 06:19 PM

wee50 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dident read the whole thing so i dont know if someone anserd right

well i went threw the same thing every 2 weeks i changed my mine i went with a kfx400 quad becuz great for stunting great for trails great for fmx great for mx and every thing else ecept for mudd it well mudd a bit if you sap some itp blackwaters on it or spider tracs that thing well mud very veyry good also the quad is great for beginner riders as i started and great for pro riders as im working my way up soo do what you want to this whole fourm is advice dont listen to people who say buy this it is up to u
Old 09-13-2003, 02:27 AM

i hear ya man... i do like the kfx, my first dirtbike was a kawasaki and never had any major problems... except the 2 broken vertibre, still friggin bothers me to this day. but anyway, havent seen to many kfx's for sale.. mostly honda 400 EX's and warrior's... kinda makes you think doesn't it??

what year is your kfx??

ya sellin it??
Old 09-13-2003, 04:48 AM

MartyB is an unknown quantity at this point
get a YFZ.... nuff said...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	marty windscreen 2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	33297  
Old 09-13-2003, 12:17 PM

looks nice.. bling how come your not using your new and improved avitar??
Old 09-13-2003, 12:47 PM

here try this on for size... you said you needed it resized??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avatar.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	33323