No Handed & no throttle hand 1st

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 10:22 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
No Handed & no throttle hand 1st

well i finally got off my lazy *** sunday & fixed my idle so I can jack it up. a few runs of trying no hands in 1st at a creep & i got em. They are bad as hell.

My only question is how is everyone else doin' em, i have my knee on the seat w/ my body leaned forward towards the bars. I tried them standing on my 12 bar & my right foot on the brake & I could do em like that but not as far.
When I was doing no throttle hands i could do em better standing on the bar.

Either way that **** is bad ***, the key is not chopping the brake, gotta be on it easy as **** to keep the quad up.

fun stuff
Old 06-18-2003, 11:53 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Ceecee, how do you normally do your no handers? What gear? What speed? Body position, etc, etc...

I've only done the really slow 1st gear no handers. I have my knee on the seat with my foot resting against the grab bar, so I'm not sure if it's considered standing on the grab bar or kneeling. I have rolled some pretty long ones, but I am not consistant. I always seems to either not have it far enough, or if I try a little higher I drag the brakes, but still go back into 12.

-Josh
Old 06-18-2003, 02:31 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Los Angelos FMI is an unknown quantity at this point
You can do them either way. Its all a matter of getting used to.

When I first learned, I was told to have my knee on the seat and be really close to the bars. Then one day I tried to do it straight leg without having my knee on the bar and if you balance it right you can go forever.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:33 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally posted by Los Angelos FMI
You can do them either way. Its all a matter of getting used to.

When I first learned, I was told to have my knee on the seat and be really close to the bars. Then one day I tried to do it straight leg without having my knee on the bar and if you balance it right you can go forever.
I hate you j/k

Haha...maybe one day I'll get it right. I can't go very far, but it still impresses the people who can't even ride a regular wheelie
Old 06-18-2003, 04:00 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Put your left foot on the bar locked

Lock your left leg on the bar then grab the front fender and use your right hand to swing out for a little extra balance. It works for me it is a little easier and I go alot farther cause I can shift my weight a little better
Old 06-18-2003, 04:19 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point
pull your ankle over your head and behind your neck. Then take your other leg and stick it behind the knee of the leg over your head. This will bring you into a pretzel shape. Now take your left thumb, reach behind your back, and stick it up your ***. With your other hand...throttle the quad into a twelve and gently release your grip from the handlebars. Now with that free hand, insert your middle finger into the nose. And that my friends, is how to do no handers!
Old 06-18-2003, 04:20 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally posted by CVBz
pull your ankle over your head and behind your neck. Then take your other leg and stick it behind the knee of the leg over your head. This will bring you into a pretzel shape. Now take your left thumb, reach behind your back, and stick it up your ***. With your other hand...throttle the quad into a twelve and gently release your grip from the handlebars. Now with that free hand, insert your middle finger into the nose. And that my friends, is how to do no handers!
You'll use any excuse to stick your thumb where the sun don't shine

Old 06-18-2003, 05:58 PM

deogey is an unknown quantity at this point
tried my first no-handers the other day... i don't think my idle was high enough.... either way it gave me a whole new respect for the elusive Balance Point...lol
Old 06-20-2003, 01:48 PM

Before I was rolling them in 2nd gear & using all balance & brake - but you can only go so far that way. My best was about 35 feet. I was doing them w/ my knee on the seat

thats why i like me in 1st gear you can drive em down the road forever. when i 1st started doing them, i was flipping them backwards alot. I wasnt hitting the brake either hard enough or soon enough. just takes a ton of practice.

im still not a pimp at them yet. soon enough i guess.

Originally posted by JLanphear
Ceecee, how do you normally do your no handers? What gear? What speed? Body position, etc, etc...

I've only done the really slow 1st gear no handers. I have my knee on the seat with my foot resting against the grab bar, so I'm not sure if it's considered standing on the grab bar or kneeling. I have rolled some pretty long ones, but I am not consistant. I always seems to either not have it far enough, or if I try a little higher I drag the brakes, but still go back into 12.

-Josh
Old 06-20-2003, 02:00 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

Okay cool....I was worried about the high speed ones cause I can't go very far with them. My record with the 1st gear ones is only like 45ft or so maybe. I put them over backwards a lot. Seems like when I hit the brake it slows it down way to much and it starts to stall. My brakes aren't the greatest though so maybe that it's. Seems like it's all or nothing with them.

Keep practicing I guess
Old 06-20-2003, 02:21 PM

try 2nd gear. i had alot better luck. alot smoother.

& fix ur brakes!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:53 PM

03 z 400 is an unknown quantity at this point
no handed wheeelie

i just got in was screwing around on the z400 drinking a couple of cold ones was trying the no handed slow 1st gear wheelie and i got it most of the time but sometimes it gos to high and i get on the brakes to hard then it falls i was trying to get it up then lean over the front end with my legs locked and it was alright but not all the time. any suggestions more beer later kevin
Old 06-26-2003, 09:53 PM

03 z 400 is an unknown quantity at this point