Apehangers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 11:04 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Apehangers...

Any of you boys throwin down the apes?

I'm thinking of trying one this weekend just for fun. I'm just a little concerned since I don't have a scrap bar on my EX...just the stocker.

The hard part is gonna be getting back on.....the fenders are going to be an obstacle.

Just curious....Later guys
Old 10-26-2002, 10:34 AM

hondahellraiser is an unknown quantity at this point
hey im new to this so i dont know alot. what is an apehanger?
Old 10-26-2002, 11:12 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
carefull doing those ape hangers! I crashed a few weeks ago wide open in 2nd trying an ape hanger. I got a shake side to side then it flipped over onto myself. My bar was *****, so it moved & shifted the quad. I'll be out there tryin' it again though!

honda - apehanger is putting the quad onto the rear grab bar while moving - and draggin yourself behind the quad, only holding onto the bars. :devil
Old 10-26-2002, 04:23 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve
yea J ive done them its akward and i too have got the ide to side shake and flipped. i dont know why but when 4 wheelers are draging on the bar they sometimes just decide to go to one side or get the death shakes.i think that either has something to do with how the grab bar gets worn down, or mabe the rear wheels being exactly evenwhen the axle is lined up.
Actuall i dont know **** but theses are just my opinions why these things might occur.
ohh well crashing sucks but you learn faster(unless you got broken bones then it takes longer)
LATA,
ZANNMANN
JUST MY .02
Old 10-27-2002, 10:30 PM

I was out today, scrapin' it up - and i still don't have ***** to pull a ape hanger as fast as i was going - think its gonna flip over onto me again. Oh well, i'll try em again. I dunno if it was because my 12 bar was *****, or i leaned to far one way
but, death shakes suck. I was bloody for ever.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:01 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

Thanks guys....

Yeah, I'm worried about my stock grab bar....As soon as I get the chance I may give it a try though.

Thanks again!!!

-Josh
Old 10-28-2002, 10:56 AM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point
JLanphear

if your tryin an ape on your banshee with a stock bar, itll probably bend, so if your exhaust pipes are uneven your gonna wobble....my sis-in-laws pop made one for me last week, ill post a pic soon, got apes down in wide open 3rd smoth as silk

my .02
Jim
Old 10-28-2002, 11:02 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

Re: JLanphear

Originally posted by Merk350
if your tryin an ape on your banshee with a stock bar, itll probably bend, so if your exhaust pipes are uneven your gonna wobble....my sis-in-laws pop made one for me last week, ill post a pic soon, got apes down in wide open 3rd smoth as silk

my .02
Jim
WIDE OPEN 3RD!!!!!????? You need to get your head checked out cause you are one crazy ****!!!!

Nice job man...Nice job.

-Josh
Old 10-28-2002, 12:56 PM

Hazen is a decent person
Josh,
I saw the apehanger on here last night after we rode and figured I had to try one, but I modified it a little since there are no frame sliders on a quad. On the EX, I let the bar scrape in 2nd, put my feet under the grips like a dirt-bike cordova, and layed back. Kinda sketchy but definitley video - worthy. Careful how much scrapin' you do with that bar though, the pavement eats it up quick.

-Hazen :evildevil
Old 10-28-2002, 02:32 PM

Hazen - Killer pic in ur avitar! I am still to lazy to upgrade my front brakes. soon enough though! endo time
Old 10-28-2002, 02:37 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally posted by 1000ceecee
Hazen - Killer pic in ur avitar! I am still to lazy to upgrade my front brakes. soon enough though! endo time
Yeah, he Photoshopped that Pic...It's really me on my RED 400ex.

Oh yeah, and he Photoshopped my Fenders out too so they looked cut like his. :p

-Josh

Old 10-28-2002, 05:02 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point
It's photoshoped alright!

That pic is definitly done in photoshop. But it is Hazen on HIS quad! The #1 sponsor for the CVBz... Campbell Productions made that pic. Perfectly adjusted color, a little bit of sharpening, and the added logo make the picture perfect!

-Hazen... glad to see you finally joined our little forum here! You F**kin SALLY!!!

-Andrew
Old 10-28-2002, 05:35 PM

HEY hazen what you pulled off is called a CLIFFHANGER. kyle from triple xtreme made that trick up. and now you suck i was going to bring that trick out in the new season but i guess now ill just do them all the time.bummer should have kept that one a secret nobody was doing them before but now that you said it watch everyone try them now.ohh well its just a trick i'll get over it.
LATA,
ZANNMANN
Old 10-28-2002, 06:56 PM

ZANNMANN

First...what's your 4-wheeled crunchy piece?? And second, I see your from Mass... Depending on where in the state your located, you could make it up here to northern VT in 3-5hours! Wanna come filming with the CVBz this weekend? We ride on Saturday(Nov. 2nd) at noon! You and anyone else willing to throw down for the camera are welcome to come! Lata bro

-Andrew

:beer
Old 10-29-2002, 12:49 AM

**** man, imagine that blow out w/ all the local new englad stunna's showin' up to stunt in VT. W/ the locals - me, zan man, team squidly and all the other pimps. I have a trailer that will hold a minimum of 3 quads. Me, ZANMAN & team squidly - take a trip to VT & rip some **** for the video MA style. I got some **** that is deff. video worthly and I know my other homies do too. My boy tony from reckless methods is gonna make me up a video on his new computer. gonna be sick ****!

The cliff hanger is a SICK FU**ing trick. There is a dude locally who TEARS **** OFF on his 400 ex who does it. he is the ONLY dude i have ever seen to show me up and he tears it hard core. Soon enough I'll have em down

ZAN - fix ur quad hommie!
Old 10-29-2002, 10:02 AM

ohh **** now im wrenching quick like dude. im still trying to get my throttle on the banshee staight. ill hit you up in a little while. im gonna try fixing it all day. as for my 5oo i dont think its gonna make it out this winter i have to much stuuna work im gonna have to do so i can kill it on a nasty lookin quad next year.
i'll try and make it CVBZ,and thanks alot for the offer to be in your video.and 1000 did you ever check your pm's i hit you up about a week ago asking if you thought a gixxa 750 brake set up would work on my 500 hit me back
LATA everyone i'll try my best to make it.
ZANNMANN
Old 10-29-2002, 12:16 PM

Nov. 2nd ride!

K stunna's... who's ever interested in riding this Sat needs to let me know asap! We're just north of Burlington, VT and I'll have to send directions to whom ever wants to show. We've got big plans and I hear a few new tricks are coming out of the bag for this video shoot! It'll be off the hook! Campbell Productions is making the film and their bringing a couple of cams, including a helmet cam! You don't want to miss it! HOT WOMEN ARE WELCOME!!!!

-Big A
Old 10-29-2002, 12:40 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

I wish I had the creative genius that some of these other guys do, cause I can't think of anything to do that hasn't been done before.

Oh well, maybe if I show up and ride around I'll be in the background while somebody is doing something cool .

Naw, only kidding. We were ripping it up pretty good on Sunday so I'm sure once we get together for a good session it will be off the hook. Especially with Cameras around.

Andrew, I know a guy that is decent with a camera and he's got a nice Sony digital....you want me to give him a call and see if he wants to film?

So, how is the location that we will be riding at?

Also, how many other guys are going. I know I am, and I know Hazen is, and I hope Ryan is.

Later.

-Josh
Old 10-29-2002, 05:44 PM

O.K. im doing my best to get my **** working. the banshee i want to ride is my friends and i've only ridden it twice and the front brakes are shiiittt!!!! right now it runs like gaabbbaagggeee. my 500 is out of the question. so im gonna try and borrow my friends raptor for the day but i dont know cuz i stunt with this kid and once i tell him tonight he's gonna wanna go but ill keep ya's posted .ill do my best to let you guys know buy like thursday the latest will be friday.
hey 1000 i wont be able to get a ride is there anyway if your going to this filming session you would be able to pick me up in Dracut,mass i know its not close to where you live but ill pay you or sumthin
LATA,
i hope i make this one
ZANNMANN
Old 10-29-2002, 07:21 PM

Zan,
If i go I'll pick you up for sure! what day is it, saturday or sunday. Sounds like a friggin' awesome time!!!

lemme know what day it is, and how far VT is from boston doing like 80 mph.

Last edited by Jay Carnes; 10-29-2002 at 07:26 PM.