Here's a little clip I put together...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 11:17 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Here's a little clip I put together...

Hey guys...I just got my firewire card the other day and I was capturing some clips to send to our boy Andrew out in Colorado so he could play around with them, then I figured while I was at it I would make a little something up also.

Unfortunatly I'm the only CVBOYZ member in the clips...the other two guys are friends of mine. The one on the Warrior just started stunting, and the guy on the Banshee is pretty tame.

**EDIT** old link ran out of Bandwidth, now hosted at www.everything2stroke.com at this link :

http://www.everything2stroke.com/Movies/vtextreme.wmv

Oh and yeah, I know Disturbed is overplayed...lol. I have no editing skills so I had to pick something easy.

Later.

-Josh
Old 06-14-2003, 11:33 PM

FTPblaster is an unknown quantity at this point
badass video, keep them coming
Old 06-15-2003, 04:01 AM
Regular StuntLifer

jdmimports79 is an unknown quantity at this point

man i wish you guys would just save the clips and make a video out of it..........nice clip

steve
Old 06-15-2003, 07:59 AM

MADMASON is an unknown quantity at this point
NICE BAR HOP MAN ,THAT ONE TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO LEARN.......LOOKING GOOD
Old 06-15-2003, 11:52 AM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point
K....I'M WRITING THIS WHOLE POST IN CAPS, BECAUSE THAT'S HOW PUMPED I WAS TO SEE THE VID. BAD-*** JOSH... VERY BAD-***!!!!! I WANT TO REMIND ALL THE READERS THAT LANPHEAR IS CVB'z #1 STUNTER. HE'S NOT NORMALLY IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER MAKIN VIDS. OKAY... I'M GONNA BREAK IT DOWN, CAUSE I OVER ANALYZE EVERY THING!

EDITING: NOT BAD FOR YOUR FIRST TIME. THE OPEN CREDITS WERE NICE AND SMOOTH. THE VIDEO ITSELF WAS VERY BASIC. EVERY EDITING SOFTWARE HAS ANIMATED TRANSITIONS/EFFECTS. THROW A COUPLE IN BETWEEN YOUR SHOTS NEXT TIME TO SPICE IT UP A LITTLE.

CAMERA WORK: WASN'T ALL THAT BAD. THE TRACKING SHOTS ON THE ROAD WERE NICE AND THE ONES IN THE FIELD WHERE YOU WERE DOING THE BAR HOP WAS AWESOME. GIVES THE VIEWER THE FEELING OF BEING RIGHT THERE IN THE ACTION. NEXT FILM SESSION, TRY TO GET SOMEONE WITH ***** TO RIDE EITHER REALLY CLOSE TO YOU WHILE STUNTING OR GET REAL CLOSE AS YOU PASS BY.

STUNTS: VERY ! I LOVE THAT CANCAN HOP! WHERE THE HELL DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT AND THE SICK PART WAS YOU LANDED IT!!!! THE BAR HOPS ARE SICK!! AND I HOPE PEOPLE CAUGHT THE NACNAC, TO CANCAN, TO FLAMINGO COMBO ! VERY NICE... YOUR SKILLZ HAVE IMPROVED GREATLY YOUNG JETI!

OVERALL: I WAS MORE IMPRESSED WITH THE RIDING THAN THE EDITING. THEN AGAIN YOU'RE A RIDER AND I'M AN EDITOR. THE VIDEO DID MAKE ME WANT TO GO OUT AND RIDE. IT ALSO MADE ME WANT TO EDIT! THAT WAS A GREAT JOB FOR YOUR FIRST TRY. I WISH THE REST OF THE CREW HAD THE SAME DRIVE AS YOU TO MAKE THIS STUFF PUBLIC FOR OTHER TO ENJOY. WHEN YOU SEND ME SOME VIDEO, TOGETHER WE'LL POST A BADASS FILM THAT WILL BRING OUT PEOPLE'S O' FACES.... YOU KNOW THE ONE....OHHH, OHHH.
Old 06-15-2003, 12:27 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks Everybody!

Andrew, thanks for the review...I posted this on Exriders also and there I was more specific about not knowing how to edit very well. I was using Vegas Video and the only thing I had to go by was from watching you last November. I had no clue how to use the transitions, and I was going to look into it, but didn't really have any ideas on what to put in anyway so I left them out.

Like I said, I just got my firewire card and stuff and the purpose of me capturing the clips yesterday was souly to send them to you. I didn't really have any intention of putting them together. After I captured them I had almost 100 clips and almost 2 gigs of files. I figured, what the heck, I'll just load up a song and play around a little bit so that's what I did.

I was very skeptical as to whether or not I should put it on the net, mainly because I wanted all the clips to be fresh and edited by you...THE MAN. Then I said, well, all my clips are on grass for the most part, and didn't have any other CVBz in them so I'd go ahead and post it up, then just get some more new stuff on pavement and with the other guys. Also, as you could see, I didn't reference the CVBz anywhere in there except for after my name...didn't want anybody to think it was the team out there because if it was, the video would have been 100x better, even with my crappy editing...lol.

Oh, and my girlfriend was the camera person. She shot the moving scenes from the back of my friends Banshee. Next time if we are doing anything on the road it will probably be from a vehicle. But yeah, I think if we can do them right, those shots are great. Deff. gonna get some more.

I have a ton more clips that you didn't see in that vid, and they will be sent to you. I saved a lot of them out because I didn't want to show too much, and also I had to keep it balanced between the 3 riders you see on there.

So anyway...All in all it was just something for fun...I'll be sending the footage to you. I'd like to get one more days worth of stuff at least before I do though.

And thanks for the critique on the vid...I'm not even gonna bother trying to make it fancy looking because I couldn't touch your skills.

Later Bro!!!

-Josh
Old 06-15-2003, 12:55 PM

I think I'm typing over 70wpm these days. You must be close to that as well. We're both a couple of Loooooooong post ******!
Old 06-16-2003, 10:22 AM

redrizza is an unknown quantity at this point
Lookin good Josh. Keep it up man. Your progessing with leaps and bounds.... LITERALY
Old 06-16-2003, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by redrizza
Your progessing with leaps and bounds.... LITERALY
Funny You should become one of those funny guys... you know... who tell jokes.... what do they call them
Old 06-18-2003, 09:58 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
NICE F"N Video Bro!!!

My ONLY gripe with it, and dont think im a dick here. I would have just put the intro credits @ the end of the video & gotten right into the tear in up part. have the "oh ****" factor right from the get go.

But that **** was impressive as hell. mad props my man.
:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 06-18-2003, 10:08 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally posted by 1000ceecee
NICE F"N Video Bro!!!

My ONLY gripe with it, and dont think im a dick here. I would have just put the intro credits @ the end of the video & gotten right into the tear in up part. have the "oh ****" factor right from the get go.

But that **** was impressive as hell. mad props my man.
:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Dude you are such a dick....lol...j/k

Thanks for the opinion. You probably won't see me doing this again, but it's still nice to hear what people think.

Thanks for the props too!

-Josh
Old 06-18-2003, 10:23 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
no problem. I love the bar hop - i tried it once & kicked myself in the mouth. needless to say i havn't done it again.

what program did you use to do that video? I wanna make up one like that quick w/ some footage laying around.

:YEAH
Old 06-18-2003, 11:49 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally posted by 1000ceecee
no problem. I love the bar hop - i tried it once & kicked myself in the mouth. needless to say i havn't done it again.

what program did you use to do that video? I wanna make up one like that quick w/ some footage laying around.

:YEAH
I used Vegas Video. I watched my boy Andrew edit our vid (the one you have from a while back) with it and remembered just enough to get by.

I don't know a lot about this stuff, but that program seems very great to work with. Everything is nice and smooth, and it has a great interface. I think it's the type of proggie that a novice like me can't jump in and actually make something that doesn't look completely gay, yet a pro like Andrew can go in and make something totally sick. Best of both worlds.

Email me if I can help ya out obtaining a copy

-Josh
Old 06-18-2003, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by JLanphear
yet a pro like Andrew
Old 06-18-2003, 01:56 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally posted by CVBz
Did I say Pro??? Oops, I meant "Schmo"

Old 06-18-2003, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by JLanphear
Did I say Pro??? Oops, I meant "Schmo"

Better....more like it! Just cause I edit for RSN... doesn't make me pro. When you see me editing for the X-Games.... then maybe
Old 06-18-2003, 02:17 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally posted by sclevela
u took the smileys right outta my mouth
I swear you read every post on this site

Quick Reply: Here's a little clip I put together...