need help...with stunt

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 09:24 AM
Regular StuntLifer

jdmimports79 is an unknown quantity at this point
need help...with stunt

I have a stock z400

Need help with rolling indos and no handed wheelies. I actually can get both my hands off but its only for a half a sec or something then i have to bring them back cause the wheels drop back down. I also can only do it standing up.....im 100% sure i will fall off if i try a no hander sitting down. Thanks in advance guys.

steve
Old 04-29-2003, 02:36 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
1-endos on quads suck because of the tread and susp. compounds, really gotta preload then release susp.2-do you have your idle turned up?, 3-and yes you will fall sitting unless you fabricate some sort of back rest on your seat,(and u still might fall)
Old 04-29-2003, 04:38 PM

vtwoodrider is an unknown quantity at this point
you dont need a back rest for a sit down no hander....watch the starboys 3 vid..they do a 2 up sit down no hander. just take your right foot and lock it under the break lever, then squeeze your legs together. or if you have nerfs stick your toes in the nets.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:55 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah its kind of hard

For the rolling endos stiffen th e front shocks, i can roll further with my fegs over the front I can shift my weight better and roll about 25 yds, its kind of far Iguess, but sometimes the back end wants to spin around on me, and you have to have fresh brake fluid and if you have rubber brake lines sometimes they flex and expand after a lot of attempts. As far as no handers standing up is easier because you can shift your weight better and sitting down like the other dude said lock your foot on brake pedal or nets if you have them. Hope this helps you some, and just keep practicing is the biggest thing.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:09 AM

doc_rock is an unknown quantity at this point
key to no handers on a quaqd is to get it up fast, and low in the rev range. The lower you have it in the RPM's the better. I started learning how to do no handers with my knees in between the fenders and the seat, my feet in the rear grab bar, idling it up just a little, and clutching it up, but almost completely letting off the gas, and practice holding it up in the air first, with no gas, before you try to take your hands off the handlebars. If you're good, you can float it anywhere. I've felt myself coasting enough in highchair I could have pulled a no hander highchair wheelie, but it's that SPF that's killing me on that.

Endos are a different story. You guys can make fun of me all you want, but my front suspension is as tight as it will get, I'm running the master cylinder off of a CBR600F3, my rotors are warped beyond recognitioin, and I can knock off about 25 yards, and hang for about 15 seconds vertical, completely stopped. Suspension and getting a big enough master cylinder to do what you want are the key. Then learning the finicky balance point on a quad is another big pain in the neck. See my other post in this forum for my latest wacky idea that turned out great.