Twist Throttle opinions ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 12:57 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Twist Throttle opinions ?

ATV twist throttle ? Just wondering opinions on this.... I'm practicing on an xe400 AND a couple 4 stroke dirtbikes AND an F4i .......

I've had a twist throttle in the past on a 4 wheeler (but it was like 7 years ago) I remember liking it , and I dont remember any wierdness , except maybe full lock right (while hanging out a left hand turn) it might have been hard to modulate when in and close to my body.......

But I'm learning a ton on the 4 wheeler (slow BP and Clutch control and RB, and mixing them all up ....bobbing the thing around,,,ya' know ? )

I'm wondering if it would help my skills on the Bikes , if I were to change the 4 wheeler throttle to a twist type. Any opinions appreciated.... Especially if you've already tried this ..... Did you like it ....didi it help your skills or Slow down the learning curve ? Just wondering

Thanks
Old 07-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person
Re: Twist Throttle opinions ?

They take away a sore thumb and give you a sore wrist
Old 07-21-2006, 06:38 PM

Big Jim is a decent person

^ +1 i agree
Old 07-22-2006, 12:35 PM

BusyP3109 is an unknown quantity at this point

NO Way!!! I have no wrist problems but when it comes to the thumb throttle I get sore. I prefer twist throttles for the feel of it. But when doing some sick stunts some people prefer thumb cause they feel its easier to throw down a trick.

I think its all personal opinion. But Pro Motion makes twist throttles where there flawless with great reaction!!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:50 PM

Big Jim is a decent person

I agree with you it is all a matter of choice. Personally my wrist gets just as sore with a twist as my thumb does with a thumb throttle. But you are correct motion pro does make a very nice twist throttle conversion.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:41 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

I've solved my dilemma temporarily :YEAH

I picked up No handed wheelies yesterday !!! :YEAH :YEAH are those coasters ?

Anyways, I'm Frikkin Stoked....I thought it would be weeks or months till i picked that **** up !!!! I just started doing One handed a week ago.....cause i just started learning rear brake about 2 or 3 weeks ago(clutch hand off the bar)...... Then yesterday, I turned up the Idle (about 4 times.....cause I didnt know how High the idle had to be....and just kept feeling BP and just past BP and feathering the RB and just did it ! Started taking my throttle hand off the bar...... :YEAH

Granted I've only worked up to about 4 seconds and I stalled the **** about 50 times ....and almost got tossed overboard frontwards 3 or 4 of them.... I'm gonna work on them more today.....and even maybe turn the idle up a little higher......

Any Tips ? I'm doing them with my left foot on the rear bar, Right foot covering the RB....and I can do em With knee on seat or with knee off seat. Thanks Guys
Old 07-28-2006, 01:34 PM

wojin is an unknown quantity at this point

coaster is behind balance point , you pull the clutch in and coast(hence the name), prove ur doing it by reving the **** out of it