Got som HUGE air!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:51 AM

Raid72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Got som HUGE air!

Did my last icerace (second time on ice alltogether), for this season, last sunday.

Went really well in the beginning, managed a fourth in the first qualifying session. Had some problems with the snow spray, like looking in to a white wall, you couldn't even see your handlebars in front of you. That's interesting when U you're hitting the revlimiter in fifth gear!

Anyway, the second qualifying was up. I do have serious problems getting of the line, which I blaim my rear tires for. I run 8" and comparatively few studs, the theory is that they should sink in to the ice well. Everyone else runs 10" and much more studs. They get of the line well, I'm always among the last, altough I'm one of the quickes to react at the start... Hmmm...

Two laps to go, I'm really close to the third place guy and don't want to let go. I see less then nothing, but the track should be here... Somewhere... I keep it pinned. Finally the snow clears and I'm not where I thought, I'm way-way of line and get my rear tire caught in the snowbank going full throttle in fourth gear! The Quad stops instantly, I don't... I go flying over the handle bars in a wide arch, doing half a somersault in the air and land in another snowbank more then 15 feet away!

When this pic is taken I've alredy gotten a bit closer then my actual crash landing..

Before I get myself out of the snow, manages to locate the track and get on the bike and going again, I'm one lap behind... *Crap*
I don't know if the bike did a flip in the air as well, I did see it while I was in the air that it just landed on it's four wheels again. All that happend was that I broke the rear numberplate, probably hit it while I went over... Talk about luck!

Was a bit nervous if I would make it to the final. Due to a mess up from the organizer I got to run the final, altough I shouldn't have. Got the worst possible starting position on the grid and got a terrible start. Got away dead last out of 13 Quads but managed to climb up to 7th position. I was quicker then the guy in front but the laps were running out and I couldn't pass him.

What started good ended in a mediocre result. But I'll be back for next season! Then with more experience and better rear tires...

/R
Old 03-07-2006, 04:47 PM

jays warrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Got som HUGE air!

Damn that sux. At least neither you nor your quad were hurt.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:51 PM

mmeastcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Crazy man, glad yer alright, when does your grass track racing start?
Old 03-08-2006, 02:45 AM

Raid72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, too bad on something that started out good. Not the way I wished to end my season, but what can U do...

Just glad it was plenty of snow to land in. Too bad no one seems to have caught it on tape...

Don't know when the grasstrack starts, there's no notice up yet. SuperMoto/TT starts early June though.

/R