What bars should I put on my KFX400/Z400

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 04:18 PM

mc1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
What bars should I put on my KFX400/Z400

I want to but some different bars on my KFX. the factory ones seem to be to short. I wasw ondering what suggestions you guys have and why. Should I go with or with out a crossbar and why? How much taller should I go?

Any brand recomendations?
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:34 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What bars should I put on my KFX400/Z400

Originally Posted by mc1984
I want to but some different bars on my KFX. the factory ones seem to be to short. I wasw ondering what suggestions you guys have and why. Should I go with or with out a crossbar and why? How much taller should I go?

Any brand recomendations?
Thanks in advance!
Ive got Tag X5 with a crossbar .. crossbar is needed for Supermans but make jump thrus a bit tougher
Old 03-06-2006, 11:49 AM

BusyP3109 is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant put good bars on my quad...I bend and break them all the time. Bars dont last long especialy if you intend on crashing. I go midgrade bars cause the way my quad flips by either me or some other person riding it, they never last!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

SeeMyZWheelie can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by BusyP3109
I cant put good bars on my quad...I bend and break them all the time. Bars dont last long especialy if you intend on crashing. I go midgrade bars cause the way my quad flips by either me or some other person riding it, they never last!
We sell Moose MX bars at my work for 16 bucks, even has a crossbar pad! The rise is much lower, and the sweep is more, but if you can get comfortable with the feel of them, the price is unbeatable!
I jus ordered a set of Banshee bars for mine, cuz they seemed to be the highest bars listed for a quad in the chart i was looking at... About 25 more buck-a-roos, but I like the feel of a quad with quad bars better than a quad with MX bars...
I dunno if Phear replaced the bars on my 'ol quad yet, but those are the 16 dolla bars i was talking about.... Factory YZ bend...
Old 03-06-2006, 01:10 PM

The Moose MX bars are usualy the set i purchase. I get them out here at DGY Motorsports for like 18$. I have also ordered 20$ Moose Bars with the CR bend from Dennis Kirk. Any way I go its going to be cheap in this apect.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:31 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not own a set of bars that did not have a crossbar/pad. Doing a superman without that setup hurts like a ****. You can get the bars with no crossbar that still has padding, but I still wouldn't get those as I like to have a bar there to use with a few other tricks.

Personally I would go with a cheap brand....the ones Barry were talking about are probably the way to go. I still have the same set of bars on my EX from the day I bought it (like 5 years ago now). However they are all bent to crap...but I'm used to them and they are comfortable (for stunting). The ones I my EX are an alloy bar so they are allowed to flex a bit more without bending...I'll be able to compare them to the steal bars that I have on the Z after I flip that a couple of times (Yes barry the same bars are on there but I will be changing them because the blue will not go with my color scheme).

If you ride a lot of trails, and/or race you could go with a more expensive bar like Tiller has, or up from there. They really help with the vibration which causes arm pump and fatique....otherwise for stunting you don't really need them (other than for looks, cause they are sharp).

Anyway, just my thoughts.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:27 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

hahahahya that sounds like me on dirt bikes lots of wrecks and lots of sets of bars :YEAH

Renthal .........Love em
Old 03-06-2006, 02:44 PM

Yeah I can probably buy stock in Moose and profit off of just me and my friends, we crash too much. Phear I agree with you..If your doing some trail riding then i would prob have a set up more like Tiller. But even then I am prone to crashing so trail riding can be just as risky!!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 02:58 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I can probably buy stock in Moose and profit off of just me and my friends, we crash too much. Phear I agree with you..If your doing some trail riding then i would prob have a set up more like Tiller. But even then I am prone to crashing so trail riding can be just as risky!!!!
yeah it's not so much the risk of crashing, it's the fact that in stunting "typically" the idea is to have the front end in the air, so you have little need for any special bars other than the ones you feel comfortable with.

If I didn't have a bunch of other things on my list that I need to get, I would probably get a decent set of bars either way, just for looks, but that's one area I'm going to skimp on since there are so many other things I need to get.

Thanks to Barry
Old 03-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

z400doawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SeeMyZWheelie
We sell Moose MX bars at my work for 16 bucks, even has a crossbar pad! The rise is much lower, and the sweep is more, but if you can get comfortable with the feel of them, the price is unbeatable!
I jus ordered a set of Banshee bars for mine, cuz they seemed to be the highest bars listed for a quad in the chart i was looking at... About 25 more buck-a-roos, but I like the feel of a quad with quad bars better than a quad with MX bars...
I dunno if Phear replaced the bars on my 'ol quad yet, but those are the 16 dolla bars i was talking about.... Factory YZ bend...
i had some of those on the old 300ex.....they were alright, especially since the factory bars were broke in half(thanks to my brother...just so you guys know, its not fun to ride back out of the wood with ducktaped bars...only a redneck like me could do it )....its alot more comfortable to ride with non broken bars...

Old 03-14-2006, 08:47 PM

JD_ATC200 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have ProTapers on my KFX and they are strong when they need to be and flex when your landing a jump. You could get the aluminum or NEW composite material. I have the composite material and there nothing but great.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:32 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

^^^When have you done a jump? hahaha

What is wrong with the stock bars, mine bend down I bend them back up, they bend forward I bend them back, they tie in knots and I un-tie them.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:42 PM

JD_ATC200 is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHA nice...... There is nothing wrong except I did't want to turn down a set of FREE ProTapers, DG nets, Scott grips and goggles.