View Poll Results: Vote AFTER reading thread... what do you think???
He is a rat... I would never ride with him again...
26.32%
Tough call... everyone acts different under pressure...
42.11%
Thats what I would do... I wouldn't lie to cops either...
0%
FTP! Burn his house and quad!!!
31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:10 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

SeeMyZWheelie can only hope to improve
What do you think???

OK, so I have this "friend" who has a 400ex... we go ridin alot, cuz he lives .002 miles away from me (like 10 mobile's down.) Him, and a few of our neighbors went riding yesterday (i was invited, but considering my frame is pretty well cracked in two, i decided not to go) and got almost to the pit, and saw fish and game.
So, there is two fish and game (the same two featured in my ice footage) and this kid on his 400ex, a Bayou (ecuse the sp!) 220, and an xr110. And the trail they are on, is not legal. the kid ridin the 220 is court ordered not to ride atv's, and the 110 is not registered. So, said 110 and 220 take off, heading back home. 400ex stops, shuts off machine (like he is told,) produces his ID for fish and game, and is told "You better think real hard, I want names, and I want them now."

Im gonna stop right here for a second. If it were me, several things to say come to mind.

"Get FOcked."
"Am I under arrest? No, well I dont think I have to answer that."
"I dont know who they are... we just met on the trail."
"Look pal, they are my budds, I cant snitch and see them get in trouble."
"I dont know who they are, but i just met up with them at the gas station where they unloaded. If we hurry, we might catch them before they load up and take off." (i would say this one ONLY if i knew they didnt really just come from said gas station!)
Or, I guess you could tell them what he did... "I don't know all of their names, but I can show you where they are at right now...follow me..."

What do you guys think???

Because he was scared to lie to a cop, a couple of kids I know are now gonna be going to court for disobeying an officer, which in NH is just as bad as an DWI (they both carry the same amount of points on your record.)

I am just wondering what you guys think about this...
Old 02-21-2006, 09:37 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What do you think???

Been in this situation. I personally would say that I did not know the people, we met on the trail...etc...etc....Under most circumstances.

I'm not saying your buddy did the right thing, but he really didn't do the wrong thing either. If the other guys knew it was illegal to be in there (and obviously they did given the other details you mentioned) then they accepted the risk of getting caught.

I can't say that I would be thrilled if one of my friends ratted me out in a situation such as this, but it depends on the rest of the details.

I'd also imagine that now looking back, he wishes he would have done things differently, but the preasure was too much.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:04 AM

Jimmah is an unknown quantity at this point

Cops can't catch me.:YEAH
Old 02-21-2006, 10:05 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

if you wanna run thats your game
always has been since i started 15 years ago

as for me.. if i registered im stopping .. not worth risking it and pissing them off

perfect example .. had a ride last year with like 10 guys .. we were on a back road stunting and here comes the popo .. we all took off to the the trail head and i counted people when we stopped ... minus 1 .. so i asked who was going back with me .. no one came with .. went back and saw the missing rider and a troop car .. rode up slow ... took helmet off and key out of ignition and walked over .. troop was out of car taking with rider .. his comment was " well 1 of your boys stepped up and came back" he proceeded to ask me where everyone else went and i said they all booked into the woods .. also stating we all just met up on the trials .. he let the rider off with "plate not being displayed" as it was home .. troop stated it would have been a lot worse if i hadnt come back for him ..

in my eyes u make plans before u head out and i only ride with people i trust .. and you get 1 chance to screw me and your done

you play the game .. you deal with the results
Old 02-21-2006, 10:10 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally Posted by TILLER
.. and you get 1 chance to screw me and your done
Straight from the horse's mouth...you heard it hear folks
Old 02-21-2006, 10:12 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PhearCVBz
Straight from the horse's mouth...you heard it hear folks
dont u have a car to wax beotch
Old 02-21-2006, 10:14 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally Posted by TILLER
dont u have a car to wax beotch
if it wasn't snowing....grrrrr i hate it.

but for the record i feel your post was pretty accurate.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:29 AM

lol... i agree with you guys 100%...
and i thought the joke part was a real good call as well.... lol... I am famous for saying stuff that comes out wrong too, tiller!
All I know is this... I have had several conversations with him on the trail about if you get caught, you dont know me unless i am caught right beside you. And he was one of those riders that was like, "yea, i see them, im running... they cant catch me... bla bla blah."
Then, when 5.0 rolls up, he is the first one to open his mouth... wtf?

Tiller, I am with u... Believe it or not, that sounds like something I woulda done, cuz I have seen that SOMETIMES it WILL pay off to be cool with cops. The same two fish and game that nailed my budds for disobeying are the two in my vid letting me get away with controlled wheelies right into a group of people.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:37 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally Posted by SeeMyZWheelie
controlled wheelies right into a group of people.
hahah, that part is great
Old 02-21-2006, 10:37 AM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

Been in this situation. I personally would say that I did not know the people, we met on the trail...etc...etc....Under most circumstances.

And always hide the video camera in the bushes!!!:YEAH
Old 02-21-2006, 10:41 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally Posted by -Drew-
And always hide the video camera in the bushes!!!:YEAH
hahaha.....hide is the same as throw right?

Would have been cool to have it though for the loading of quads onto the flatbed, and loading of people into the cop car....or actually 2 cop cars.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

When I was reading that the whole time I was thinking damn this kid is going to say it was Barry...glad to hear you didn't get into any trouble this time!

As for the kid, the mutual agrement here is take what you got coming to you and keep your mouth shut. Even if the cop says he'll drop your ticket if you fill him in on enough info to catch the others, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND TAKE WHAT YOU GOT COMING!

And as far as running goes you better damn well know where you are I only run on my own turf. [Unfimialiar trails+High speeds= Decapatation]
Old 02-21-2006, 12:47 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha.....hide is the same as throw right?

Would have been cool to have it though for the loading of quads onto the flatbed, and loading of people into the cop car....or actually 2 cop cars.

Throw/hide... same thing. It wasn't seen and that's all that matters! But yes, it would have been cool seeing us loaded into cop cars like we were actually criminals or something!

Remember kids... stunting is not a crime. Allowing cops to do whatever the *** they want... that's a crime!!! FTP!!!!:YEAH
Old 02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

A cop told me once.. Hey stop resisting I'm just doing my job! So I calmed for a second looked him right in the eyes and said...Yeah I know, but I was just making sure you had something to do at work other than jerk each other off all day down at the cop shop...

Then my head was slamed into the rear door frame of his car.

This is actually a long confusing story but I did absolutly nothing wrong other than be a smartass at the end so FTP I'm with Drew
Old 02-21-2006, 02:19 PM

I dunno.... its like anything else in life...
you can go to your local dealership looking for a car, and get a real *****-bag of a sales guy, or you can get the ONE guy that is helpful and not pushy...
cops are the same way... there are a bunch of them out there that ruin the name for everyone else, but those are the ones you hear about, not the cool ones who will help you out...
When i was 14, i would sneak out of the house at night, and take my moms car for a joyride. I somehow ruined the trannsmission in it... in front of a gas station... that a cop was sitting in... needless to say, i should have been in a lot of trouble at that point, but he just brought me home...
I have seen it both ways... I am with Tiller tho, i personally would have stopped, because I respect those two particular cops, and i really dont have much to get in trouble for, other than where i am riding at that time...
Old 02-21-2006, 03:09 PM

my300ex505 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would b pissed but wouldnt no what i would do
Old 02-21-2006, 03:26 PM

mmeastcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I agree with most of what's being said, but he still ratted. There's a police officer that lives across from my friends and if we're out having a beer he'll come over and have one with us (out of uniform), but if he brings anything up, like what went on at the club or after a party, we both say we never heard about it, they can't charge you for not knowing, as much as they make you think they can. I mean, it's not like it's somebody that was on the back of the quad with ya. When we were young, getting our friends older siblings to buy liquor for us, if you got caught, you found it in the ditch, and that was it, it'd frustrate the hell outta them, but they aren't gonna hook up a polygraph for minor junk like that.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:01 PM

Garethzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

That is gay, im sure if he woulda ran and you stopped and ratted him out he'd be pissed, i would just say yah we met down at the trails and just rode together for fun, or i guess he coulda just said he didn tknow any of you and the cop couldnt do anything really. This is why i dont ride with my lisence plate.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

z400doawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

**** that you play dumb.....say his name was evil kanevil or some crap...here joe stanley, jak mihov.......any thing but their names
Old 02-26-2006, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Big boy up on 1
**** that you play dumb.....say his name was evil kanevil or some crap...here joe stanley, jak mihov.......any thing but their names
Mike Hunt
Mike Hasinhere
Lou S serdik
i dunno... i could have thought up some names...