Have Any?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:45 PM

Garethzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point
Have Any?

Have any of you guys made a nitrous kit or bought one for your quad? how did it work out ? was it reliable? know any good websites? im pretty sure i gonna peice together a kit here in the next month , any ideas?
Old 02-20-2006, 06:52 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

SeeMyZWheelie can only hope to improve
Re: Have Any?

Just curious... what kind of quad?
I would recoment a wet setup (for those who don't know, a "wet" setup adds extra fyel with the nitrous shot, so it does not lean your engine out, causing a meltdown of your piston.)
Should be just a matter of plumbing a nozzle or two into your carb mounting flange, and wiring up the appropriate sol. and switches...
good luck either way, and post up some pics and info when you get it set up!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Imagine the power wheelies this guy will be able to do!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:53 PM

Garethzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a 2005 yfz450 http://www.boondocker.ca/site.htm

imma be running something like that but im deceiding to peice together my own kit just wondering if anyone had a similar set up or know whats nots to do haha
Old 02-21-2006, 10:02 PM

jays warrior is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking about doing the same thing on my rappy just for the hell of it. I was planning on using a 9 oz or similar paintball tank, but for compressed air because they're rated for higher pressures. I would then run the line from the tank to a y nozzle that had a line going into the gas tank, seperate from the factory pet**** in order to get more fuel. The nitrous going into the nozzle would act as a vacuum and **** the gas into the line. I would also jet up the carb just in case. It would be a pretty simple set up, just getting the right A:F ratio would be a pain. The boondocker kit is a dry setup I believe. It seems that since you have to jet the hell out of the carb, it would run rich all the time, but who knows.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:36 PM

Speedy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jays warrior
I was thinking about doing the same thing on my rappy just for the hell of it. I was planning on using a 9 oz or similar paintball tank, but for compressed air because they're rated for higher pressures. I would then run the line from the tank to a y nozzle that had a line going into the gas tank, seperate from the factory pet**** in order to get more fuel. The nitrous going into the nozzle would act as a vacuum and **** the gas into the line. I would also jet up the carb just in case. It would be a pretty simple set up, just getting the right A:F ratio would be a pain. The boondocker kit is a dry setup I believe. It seems that since you have to jet the hell out of the carb, it would run rich all the time, but who knows.
take the pet**** apart and drill out between the holes for ON and reserve so it can get more fuel.. that's what my buddy did on his ds760
Old 02-22-2006, 08:22 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

SeeMyZWheelie can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by jays warrior
this sounds like a really good idea, but im just not sure if it would "****" enuff fuel to richen it up for ya... and i agree, the dry systems they sell where you hafta re-jet, sounds like it would run real rich unless you were dumping nos 24/7...
Whatever you decide to do, I would stick with a wet setup if you are sending even a moderate shot of nos to it...
Old 02-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

z400doawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KUTZR
Imagine the power wheelies this guy will be able to do!
now thats what im sayin...i thought about having velocity racing take a crack at turboing my Z.....
Old 02-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Probably be cheaper just to make a Bombbusa DS650 with a 1300cc busa motor, thats faster than any quad will ever need to go
Old 02-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

z400doawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KUTZR
Probably be cheaper just to make a Bombbusa DS650 with a 1300cc busa motor, thats faster than any quad will ever need to go
yeah.....true, one of my dads old riding buddies just sold his busa for 25 g's......that was a nice busa. 547 horses at the wheels, 35 pounds of boost....